Desserts

The Frozen Strawberry Souffle is always my favorite. It's like a mix of a mouse and ice cream.

texhmKSJ-0r43liS0A_05N6H3pkVLxgL8hIbIhY9w6jhuYJ49YsbaWRgrHVBQuit_evGNpjmvpFULrxkp_6gM0ltaNFqDT3H-eFPXYB1euPdwxMkB0Gouzmh8G8I7jW5AsPf-BmLiTZ6g1wy2kpB5BER6De1aAmX7ONe2scrqEMZtTvzknSeiI2vyv4wisY8y_K5ky919AoeICoG4eVC6n9cGbMnjaBZ6XvPNRqd84AlIKZmNHcKIgTFtfBTviICT8jB1CHHmYAZGg6gV-dxIksxE7MZz1PQ-52SVlRxBNSeuAoq9cG1Ee5zHuPaYq7-e-6Pk0kM_37pGssdlUncHc2i-Ma2hbLy76-8j47fA6PyuQANvBsBbMux3H9Txg5PSSQE-JVyariMr4rE08yIHyDA0QkC1N2naqr5Hf7o_a0b9KpQZ9TAOHNCU_Xy3FuGspvbOHasf-rGNSBDDlD5CfGVCi7yrqxl7WBafBNK--CNn2UKdTewEldZEWz8ClNqpylJpeU_Lc-D5fEiuf7DghrsAcrjp72PtjVy8UCX2tBR=w959-h719-no

I would agree with the others that said dessert isn't Royal's strong suit as well. I've skipped dessert and on more than one occasion even ordered a second appetizer for dessert.

My favorites are:

Carrot Cake

Sticky Bread and Butter Pudding

Grand Marnier Souffle

Sky High Lemon Meringue Pie

The only dessert I ever enjoy in the WJ is the coconut ranger cookie - Best. Cookie. Ever.:D

RCI could do much better with their desserts, especially their chocolate and WJ selections which leave a lot to be desired.

By far the chocolate mud pie from chops is the best RCI dessert

-MDR I get the coffee ice cream when they have it and when they don't I order a mudslide from the bar (basically tastes like a chocolate shake)

-Husband always orders a brownie w/ice cream (off the kids menu)

In WJ always the bread pudding w/vanilla sauce & add ice cream to it

OK, Ladies & Gents.. I need to know the score on desserts on the RCI ships. I'm sailing on the Vision in March, but I think the menus are the same for all the ships (at least in the MDR).

I've previously sailed Carnival and still dream of the Chocolate Melting Cake, and the Bitter and Blanc. Does Royal have something comparable? Even better?

What desserts do you look most forward to on Royal?

RCCL has the worst desserts of any cruise line I have ever been on. Bland and flavorless. To be honest I just get sherbet every night. Even in the coastal kitchen I asked them to get that and they gladly did. I would not waste a single calorie on their sweets. AWFUL>

Well, it sounds pretty unanimous that RCI desserts leave a lot to be desired. :( Thanks for all the replies. I'll definitely be trying the Key Lime and the bread pudding. But it really sounds like I'll be saving the calories. ;) Which is good... I tend to order multiple appetizers AND main dishes at dinner. Thanks again, everyone.

My favorite dessert was something called banana-caramel something. Can't remember its entire name, but it was amazing. We had it the first night. Their ice cream in the MDR is served with warm cookies...and I loved the vanilla ice cream w/the chocolate chip cookie! Also liked the strawberry kiwi Pavlova! Cherries Jubilee...nothing special.

OK, Ladies & Gents.. I need to know the score on desserts on the RCI ships. I'm sailing on the Vision in March, but I think the menus are the same for all the ships (at least in the MDR).

I've previously sailed Carnival and still dream of the Chocolate Melting Cake, and the Bitter and Blanc. Does Royal have something comparable? Even better?

What desserts do you look most forward to on Royal?

They all jiggle, theyre mostly artificially flavored and sweetened brightly colored little squares of ick on a plate. .. I think RC has stock in a gelatin company somewhere because of all the squishy gel creations they serve.

RC desserts are awful for the most part. (Tho the Chocolate Sensation and Carrot Cake are good and the coconut cookies in the Café Promenade are ok but very hard .. so u need to dunk those ) ..

We had an absolutely wonderful cruise in August but my hubby wrote all about how disappointed he was in the desserts on the survey after the cruise. He gave everything high marks and wrote praise for great employees but it was very important to him that they hear how very disappointed he was in the desserts. My daughter and I did not find good desserts either except I liked the chocolate chip cookies and she liked the coconut ranger cookies. I hope you have better luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a cookie-aholic, so the chocolate chip cookies (not the sugar free variety) are my favorite dessert. Add a little chocolate ice cream, and even better....every night in the MDR, that is it for me.

I agree with others that the desserts on Royal are kind of meh. I like to order a cup of black coffee and a double scoop of vanilla ice cream. Then I create my own affogato by spooning the hot black coffee over the ice cream....delicious !:)