Splendor to China year round in 2018

jedi bobs

Eventually I feel it would be wiser to move a ship like the Victory or Triumph and bring the Miracle back to the US since we need Panamax ships here in certain ports.

The Panama Canal will be very different and bigger come Spring/Summer next year due to her extension. I think I am right in saying all current Carnival vessels will be able to fit (certainly Victory and Triumph and maybe Dream class).

The Panama Canal will be very different and bigger come Spring/Summer next year due to her extension. I think I am right in saying all current Carnival vessels will be able to fit (certainly Victory and Triumph and maybe Dream class).

That wasn't my point. I'm talking about ports like Baltimore, Tampa, and Jacksonville. These ports can't handle all of Carnival's ships. Actually they can only handle spirit and fantasy class ships. Hence why I said it would be wiser to have another ship in China opposed to one of the few Panamax ships Carnival has. Three of the four Spirit class ships will not be home ported in the U.S. a majority of the year. The size of the Panama Canal has nothing to do with whether or not a ship can fit under a bridge in Florida.

VERY sad here on the west coast!

First we lost the Spirit to Australia and now the Miracle will be going to China!

You all may be applauding these moves but we Californians feel very left out and sad!!

What are we going to do now??:mad::confused:

Maybe they will send the Pride back to SoCal. I wasn't happy about the Splendor coming back as it cannot port in Kauai, which totally messes up the Hawaiian itinerary IMHO.

VERY sad here on the west coast!

First we lost the Spirit to Australia and now the Miracle will be going to China!

You all may be applauding these moves but we Californians feel very left out and sad!!

What are we going to do now??:mad::confused:

You will have a ship as soon as the canal is finished

Hope you are correct!! Taking 3 day cruises on a Fantasy class ship is NOT my favorite idea!:eek:

While I do not know for certain, I asked someone in management and the reply was that they would leave the west coast with just Fantasy class ships.

Edited by jimbo5544

Honestly, I think this explains why the Miracle didn't get the full 2.0 back when it went in to dry dock (if I remember right, it just got Alchemy and the Sports bar).

I don't see the Pride leaving Baltimore any time soon, other than the alredy mentioned short term stint in Tampa. Those cruises command a pretty high price point in peak season, and the Pride had special EPA "scrubbers" installed to make it meet the compliance needs for Baltimore. It's not as simple as sending another ship there.

I could see the Victory or Triumph heading to the West Coast, or possibly the Conquest.

Now, if I could convince Carnival to build about 10 more Spirit class ships and KEEP them in the US. Sigh.

While I do not know for certain, I asked someone in management and the reply was that they would leave the west coast with just Fantasy class ships.[/color]

Didn't 'someone in management' repeatedly tell you in unequivocal terms, seemingly on multiple occasions, that the carnival cruise line brand would never, no way, no how, compete in the China market not so long ago, too? :)

Didn't 'someone in management' repeatedly tell you in unequivocal terms, seemingly on multiple occasions, that the carnival cruise line brand would never, no way, no how, compete in the China market not so long ago, too? :)

That's the problem with speaking in absolutes, along comes a change.

Maybe not quite in those terms but true enough. I was told that HAL and Costa would handle the China business. Just goes to show you, things do change. In the end they follow the money. (Like everyone else). But good call.