Early Saver pout/complaint/vent

WindyFreedom

I am reading through old posts trying to find some sort of out to where I can bring someone with me on this cruise in 22 days. I don't want to go alone. It is a 14 hour drive. When I had found affordable airfare, my friend said, "nahhh it will be fun doing a road trip and we'll save money." Now, I am stuck doing a 14 hour drive alone.

I am not worried about the drive. I can stop in the middle.

I am just.. ahhh. Out of all of the penalties, how does it make sense for Carnival to have a "no name change" policy in effect for early saver rates? I guess I don't understand because 2 people can spend more money than 1.

Ugh I know, I know. Stop whining and complaining. I should just be looking fwd to the cruise itself. But for once, I am not. I have no issue with the being alone part. My biggest issue is I don't want to drive alone.

Thanks for just letting me vent..

For clarification, I don't mind the drive. It is the driving that far alone that bothers me. :)

If you have a cell phone you’re never really alone. ;)

My strategy for taking the edge off of a long drive is to play all of the Beatles albums from beginning to end. (If you do this you’re allowed to skip that nasty Lennon/Yoko Ono monstrosity on the White Album. After all, it’s not music. In fact, I’ve never known what it is.)

I drive a lot for my job. Audio books which you can get on cd, tape or playaways (little MP3 devices) can be borrowed for free from local libraries. I find it makes time pass without being a distraction. It might help.

I'm confused. You booked ES as a solo, then when you found an affordable flight your friend talked you out if it and decided to come, but you can't add them? Maybe I just need more coffee.

I'm confused. You booked ES as a solo, then when you found an affordable flight your friend talked you out if it and decided to come, but you can't add them? Maybe I just need more coffee.

According to an older post, the OP did book with someone but he backed out and will be a no show.

I am reading through old posts trying to find some sort of out to where I can bring someone with me on this cruise in 22 days. I don't want to go alone. It is a 14 hour drive. When I had found affordable airfare, my friend said, "nahhh it will be fun doing a road trip and we'll save money." Now, I am stuck doing a 14 hour drive alone.

I am not worried about the drive. I can stop in the middle.

I am just.. ahhh. Out of all of the penalties, how does it make sense for Carnival to have a "no name change" policy in effect for early saver rates? I guess I don't understand because 2 people can spend more money than 1.

Ugh I know, I know. Stop whining and complaining. I should just be looking fwd to the cruise itself. But for once, I am not. I have no issue with the being alone part. My biggest issue is I don't want to drive alone.

Thanks for just letting me vent..

Are you really going to save any money by not flying, even buying a ticket at this point? Think of all the costs involved for one person to drive. Gas, hotels (at least a total of 3 nights), parking at the pier.

You are better off flying at this time.

Even with a cheap motel, you'd be looking at $300 or more plus gas, parking and meals if you drive it. If you go it alone, look for a flight. It may not be cheap, but it may not be more expensive, either.

I don't think you should give up on substituting a second passenger. I have seen threads discussing substituting a second passenger. If I recall, as long as one of the original passengers stays the same, it is doable. But....never done that, so I have no practical experience to offer. Then, driving may be a viable option, as you can split some costs.

I did it!! I bit the bullet and bought a plane ticket. Then I booked my transfers with Carnival! I'm so excited and elated!!! 16 more days and all of my worries are pushed to the side. I'm ready to get on and have fun!!!!!!!!!

When I check in, is it safe to tell Carnival I'm alone? I ask bc i want to get cheers when I get on board. No big deal if I don't but I'd like to if I can. :D

Thank you everyone for all of your replies! :)

I did it!! I bit the bullet and bought a plane ticket. Then I booked my transfers with Carnival! I'm so excited and elated!!! 16 more days and all of my worries are pushed to the side. I'm ready to get on and have fun!!!!!!!!!

When I check in, is it safe to tell Carnival I'm alone? I ask bc i want to get cheers when I get on board. No big deal if I don't but I'd like to if I can. :D

Glad you decided to fly so you can be relaxed when you get there.

It probably still is a good idea to have the other person be a no show. You might not be able to get Cheers the first day when you board alone, but by the 2nd day, they surely will know that the other person is not going to show up.

Glad you decided to fly so you can be relaxed when you get there.

It probably still is a good idea to have the other person be a no show. You might not be able to get Cheers the first day when you board alone, but by the 2nd day, they surely will know that the other person is not going to show up.

If you do purchase it on the 2nd day, they will credit you for any drinks purchased the first day.

When you check in you can tell them the other person is not going to make it without having to worry about additional cost.

I know it us a fine line but it makes all the difference between a cancel and a no show. It is probably how the computer system is set up.

If you cancel, computer says solo cruiser add solo supplement, but if you no show the computer says someone missed the ship.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk