Ships in Europe 2017

Coral

Very nice job Coral

must have taken some time

one question what does the NCF on the spreadsheet refer to???

judy

:)

There are limitations in size of attachments on this board that I ran into with some of the documents.

For NCF, look at 2 posts above yours (Post 49).

Edited by Coral

The part of the cruise cost that does not generate a commission for a travel agent.
Therefor, Non Commissionable Fees or NCF. If you have a TA that discounts the cruise fare, they don't discount the NCF portion because they receive no commission from that portion of the fare. Edited by IECalCruiser

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone heard any more information on the Majestic Princess relocation to China cruise.

I just found this thread. I'm also interested in a repositioning cruise to get to China, deep ding on when it is.

Thanks to Coral who is a most respected poster here.

Coral, thank you for posting the speadsheet.

I called at 7:55 am PST, the CSR hit enter on her computer right after 8 am. My first two choices of Owners Suites on the Pacific Princess were already sold for the 18-day Midnight Sun cruise around Norway. Was very happy to get my 3rd choice. Five of the six OS are already sold. This is crazy.

I called at 7:55 am PST, the CSR hit enter on her computer right after 8 am. My first two choices of Owners Suites on the Pacific Princess were already sold for the 18-day Midnight Sun cruise around Norway. Was very happy to get my 3rd choice. Five of the six OS are already sold. This is crazy.

I called in (for a different cruise) at 15 min till 8 CSR said nope wont let me in...I hung up and called back at about 10 min till 8am to go through all the prompts...got a nice lady at roughly 5 min to 8 and she began booking it....was done booking by 8 but chatted a bit and was off the phone at 8:04. Again thanks to Coral for her posting. :D

My guess is that there was a fast Travel Agent who was trying to get that right away. They probably had everything queued up with a name vs Princess had to get your name, etc... Glad you are happy with your 3rd choice.

Coral : Do you know when Princess will release the rest of the 2017 Majestic itineraries. Thank you. Tiqittaq

I have several friends who are agents - I will ask them after they have survived today. I know today is a busy day for them.

Have they put up all the cruises already? The one I hoped to book (14 night Greece, Turkey & Italy) is not showing in September 2017 (For 2016 it is on Royal Princess departing Sept. 10th.... exactly what I wanted). That one looks perfect but I'm not finding it. As much as I hoped to switch to Princess, if I can't find a better cruise on them I'm not sure I'll want to. :(

On a side note--I'm going on my first Princess cruise in January. If I buy a NCC (or whatever princess calls it) will my deposit be only the NCC? The 12 night that I don't like nearly as much is asking for like $1500 deposit for a mini-suite.

Booked an Alaska cruise for September 2017

Looked to see how much the 5 night Rome round trip would cost on Majestic Princess and all interior cabins are sold out - Cruise cost WAY more then I`d hoped for 5 night so going to have that a miss

Coral - Once again thank you

I am going to try to post the spreadsheet:

Thanks for this. I found an itinerary I really liked and was able to book it yesterday -- and get my choice of aft balconies because of your early warning! One question though: the spreadsheet shows fares and also mentions a Captain's Circle discount -- but the fares I'm seeing on the website [after signing in with my CC info] are the same as the ones in the spreadsheet and when I booked I did not get any additional CC discount. Are your fares already the CC-discounted prices?

Thanks for this. I found an itinerary I really liked and was able to book it yesterday -- and get my choice of aft balconies because of your early warning! One question though: the spreadsheet shows fares and also mentions a Captain's Circle discount -- but the fares I'm seeing on the website [after signing in with my CC info] are the same as the ones in the spreadsheet and when I booked I did not get any additional CC discount. Are your fares already the CC-discounted prices?

I am not a TA and don't know the fine details. I do have several friends who are agents. I have never really understood launch fares. Princess always seems to release prices that are high and on many itineraries, the price goes down. So check frequently for those price drops and ask to be re-fared.

Not sure how familiar you are with Princess - Princess still allows travel agents to discount their cruises (rebate their commission back to you). You may want to call your favorite TA and see if they can get group space on your particular sailing and then see what they will discount off of the Princess price. It is not unheard of to get 10% off of the fare (not including taxes). Also - remember to check prices frequently.

Hopefully someone with a better understanding of launch fares can chip in here.

Edited by Coral

I am not a TA, nor do I play one on TV. I do have several friends who are agents. I don't know or understand the fine details. In the past, I have had pretty good luck with price drops or other promos and those usually eliminate the launch fare discounts. Princess always seems to release prices that are high and on many itineraries, the price goes down. So check frequently for those price drops and ask to be re-fared.

Not sure how familiar you are with Princess - Princess still allows travel agents to discount their cruises (rebate their commission back to you). You may want to call your favorite TA and see if they can get group space on your particular sailing and then see what they will discount off of the Princess price. It is not unheard of to get 10% off of the fare (not including taxes). Also - remember to check prices frequently.

Thanks. I didn't mean to imply that you are a TA, by "your" fares I just meant the ones listed in the spreadsheet. I am familiar with the Princess history of price drops -- we rode our Panama Canal sailing down several steps for a $725 pp reduction! And I have my fishing buddy looking out for drops on this already.

Personally, I wasn't that impressed with the 2017 T/A cruise itineraries.....:(:(:(

Bob

I thought the Royal TA in April 2017 was okay. I booked the 28 day one.

Ports: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | Madeira (Funchal), Portugal | Gibraltar, Great Britain | Cartagena, Spain | Mallorca (Palma), Spain | Monte Carlo, Monaco | Toulon (for Provence), France | Barcelona, Spain | Barcelona, Spain | Marseille (Provence), France | Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy | Mykonos, Greece | Istanbul, Turkey | Kusadasi, Turkey (for Ephesus) | Santorini, Greece | Naples, Italy (for Capri & Pompeii) | Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

Got a nice mixture of ports for me.

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to try to post the spreadsheet:

Hit ignore links....

THANK YOU.....so very much! We (and friends) were able to book on the Royal for the Crossing and Mediterranean!

You did such a great job. We were wondering....do you have a spreadsheet for South America?? It would be so appreciated ....

I thought the Royal TA in April 2017 was okay. I booked the 28 day one.

Ports: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida | Madeira (Funchal), Portugal | Gibraltar, Great Britain | Cartagena, Spain | Mallorca (Palma), Spain | Monte Carlo, Monaco | Toulon (for Provence), France | Barcelona, Spain | Barcelona, Spain | Marseille (Provence), France | Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy | Mykonos, Greece | Istanbul, Turkey | Kusadasi, Turkey (for Ephesus) | Santorini, Greece | Naples, Italy (for Capri & Pompeii) | Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

Got a nice mixture of ports for me.

Great to hear....we have booked it also!

THANK YOU.....so very much! We (and friends) were able to book on the Royal for the Crossing and Mediterranean!

You did such a great job. We were wondering....do you have a spreadsheet for South America?? It would be so appreciated ....

No I don't. A friend sent me the info for Alaska, Canada NE and Europe. Those were all released on the same day. Not sure when South America is being released.