Upsale

OceanBreeze11

We got our guarantee room assignment last week. We are a SY got good location . Today they offered me a upsale to a Neptune for $449.00 a person , when I called it had gone done to $349.00 person. I said no thank you , $700 more seems like a alot to me ! Maybe I am crazy couldn't see it . Maybe they will come back with another offer , lol:) Does that ever happen ? This if my first time booking a guarantee .

We got our guarantee room assignment last week. We are a SY got good location . Today they offered me a upsale to a Neptune for $449.00 a person , when I called it had gone done to $349.00 person. I said no thank you , $700 more seems like a alot to me ! Maybe I am crazy couldn't see it . Maybe they will come back with another offer , lol:) Does that ever happen ? This if my first time booking a guarantee .

I have heard that once you're made the upsell offer and refuse, they move on to other pax on that sailing. To me, $700/pp to go from a Signature Suite to a Neptune Suite isn't too bad, depending on the particular sailing. But I'm guessing it's too late now to worry about it. :(

If no one takes the offer, they will start a new round with a lower price.

If I'm expecting a possible upsell, I look at the price difference between the category I'm in and the category I'd like on upsell for. Then I figure out what I'd be willing to pay and be prepared if they come with an offer close to what I'm willing to pay. My starting position is usually 50% of the difference or less.

You will be happy with an SY.

We're going on a 7 night cruise that leaves this Sunday. We were offered an upsell about 2 weeks out. It was too much for us so we declined. About a week later we got another upsell offer---for the exact same amount. Between the 2 offers, we got our guarantee assignment--not a great one, but still couldn't see upselling for more then we had in the cruise already.

As others said, only you can answer if it is worth it to you. We took an upsell from a very low price on a veranda guarantee to Neptune Suite for our Baltic cruise which was 12 days. It worked out to be a little less than an additional $100 per day in total for the two of us. Best money we ever spent!!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal