Parking Options in Port Everglades While You Are On Your Cruise

Great 2 B at Sea

We are doing a B2B next February on the Serenade. We will be gone for 22 days. I know we can park at the pier and pay the daily rate, but if there was another alternative, we would consider that. Does anyone know of a hotel that would let you leave your car in their parking lot for a minimal fee, or maybe even free (which I doubt very much) for the length of time your are on the cruise? We have done this in Bayonne, but we were only on the ship for 14 days. I know 22 days is a long time and most hotels would probably charge you, if they even let you leave your car there. I was wondering if anyone has ever had this dilemma, and if so, what did you do? Thanks for any feedback.

2nd that. Park n Go are fantastic. We use them every time we cruise or fly out of FLL. Would not even consider using anyone one else, fast, friendly, reasonable and just a great place to leave your vehicle while you are gone

Thanks so much! This is definitely where we will park.

Thanks so much! This is definitely where we will park.

You inquired about hotel parking, and may want to check the Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott (FLL Airport) via parksleepfly dot com. There are two hotels that allow up to 21 days of parking, and the Fairfield charges only $5.00 per day for additional days (Quality Inn is $10.00/day for add'l days):

Quality Inn & Suites

8 Miles from airport

Free Parking: up to 21 days | Max Occupancy: 4 guests

Continental breakfast

$249.99/night

Free Cancellations

Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port

Customer Rating: 4 of 5 stars (6 reviews)

1.5 Miles from airport- close to ship

Hot full breakfast

$269.00/night

Free Cancellations

The room rate may change, I entered 2/13/16 for about a three week stay. And that is a busy time of year so I wouldn't wait to book. At Fairfield you would register your vehicle at the front desk upon arrival and obtain a parking pass. There are three scheduled departures to Port Everglades (make a reservation ahead of time at the shuttle desk in the hotel lobby). The transfer to the cruiseport runs $8 p.p., each way.

Park and Go are great and from the time you park you are on a shuttle and on your way in about ten minutes. On return there will be a steady stream of their vans arriving so no long delay getting back and it's only about a five minute drive from the port.

Park and Go are great and from the time you park you are on a shuttle and on your way in about ten minutes. On return there will be a steady stream of their vans arriving so no long delay getting back and it's only about a five minute drive from the port.

I will NEVER do a hotel park and ride again. I may stay in a hotel precruise but will always do Park n Ride for parking. Hotels take FOREVER to pick you up. Park n Ride are there as soon as you are off the ship, as early as 7:15 am.

You inquired about hotel parking, and may want to check the Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott (FLL Airport) via parksleepfly dot com. There are two hotels that allow up to 21 days of parking, and the Fairfield charges only $5.00 per day for additional days (Quality Inn is $10.00/day for add'l days):

Quality Inn & Suites

8 Miles from airport

Continental breakfast

$249.99/night

Free Cancellations

Fairfield Inn & Suites Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port

Customer Rating: 4 of 5 stars (6 reviews)

1.5 Miles from airport- close to ship

Hot full breakfast

$269.00/night

Free Cancellations

The room rate may change, I entered 2/13/16 for about a three week stay. And that is a busy time of year so I wouldn't wait to book. At Fairfield you would register your vehicle at the front desk upon arrival and obtain a parking pass. There are three scheduled departures to Port Everglades (make a reservation ahead of time at the shuttle desk in the hotel lobby). The transfer to the cruiseport runs $8 p.p., each way.

Wow, jmf123, you went above and beyond anything I ever expected to receive! Thanks for taking your valuable time to give me all of this very detailed information......I sincerely appreciate it! I will check into both of them. Once I get the information, I'll share them with hubby and we'll go from there. It's nice to know we have some options. It's wonderful people like yourself, and the others who gave me advice, that make these message boards so advantageous.....thanks so much!!

Wow, jmf123, you went above and beyond anything I ever expected to receive! Thanks for taking your valuable time to give me all of this very detailed information......I sincerely appreciate it! I will check into both of them. Once I get the information, I'll share them with hubby and we'll go from there. It's nice to know we have some options. It's wonderful people like yourself, and the others who gave me advice, that make these message boards so advantageous.....thanks so much!!

You are very welcome, thank you for your kind words of appreciation! Enjoy the beautiful Serenade- what a great B2B! ;)

A warning about the Quality Inn and Suites: whether you book at the Airport South location on Stirling Rd, or the Hollywood Blvd location (which should be the one that is 8 miles from airport) the stay/park/cruise package parking is off-site. You will have to drive your car to the lot they use where you will be waiting for the shuttle with passengers from a couple other hotels. If it is the lot next to the Red Roof Inn on St Rd 84 (as has been previously reported on here) don't even think about leaving your car in that neighborhood unattended--which it will be--for three weeks.

And note that according to the Choice Hotels website the maximum parking time when booking the Hollywood Blvd location is 10 days ($10/day for longer) while the Airport South charges the $10/day for every day of cruise parking. But you may get a better deal from the third party website cited above. Just remember that any deal that sounds too good to be true probably is.

Edited by fishywood

$4.95 per day at the Embassy Suites closest to the port, free shuttle. You can only book this rate via http://www.airportparkinginc.com/ I use them all the time. Never a problem.

Wow. I just looked at their rates and they are indeed very inexpensive. The Park N Go has gone up to $10.50/day *(they used to be about $7). Guess that's what happens when everyone on cruise critic says how good something is :)

How is the shuttle? I do like the fact that Park 'n Go always seems to be available.

I have read and read but-what to do?!

We have cruised with a friend 3 times but this time alone and a very different situation. First time transatlantic. Ft Lauderdale-Rome.

Here is what we are mushing around in our heads, trying to keep it simple as possible.

We drive in to Ft. Lauderdale and could stay the night before the cruise if easier.

We fly back to Ft. Lauderdale, getting in late so it seems we will need to stay the night, heading home next day.

So, (1) try to park at airport and transportation to port so car is there when we fly back in and then try to find our way to the motel late at night. (2) Stay at an airport/hotel where we can park, have transportation to the port and have their transportation back from the airport when we get back. OR something else that would work easly for us?

Thanks for any help you can share! :)

My 2 cents, Fll has long term lot, west of the airport, $7.50 per day.

The free shuttle runs ever 15 minutes. 15 minute ride. It drops you off on the arrival (lower) level, hale a cab, be at the port in 10 minutes.

Edited by fireofficer5

• 2 weeks later...
This will be my first cruise out of FLL. The offsite parking options are so expensive compared to Port Canaveral. What options are the best? Not looking to spend more than $7-9 per day

This was posted above, but you seemingly missed it.

$4.95 per day at the Embassy Suites closest to the port, free shuttle. You can only book this rate via http://www.airportparkinginc.com/ I use them all the time. Never a problem.

This was posted above, but you seemingly missed it.

I went to that website and chose port everglades. The price is $7.85 per day

I went to that website and chose port everglades. The price is $7.85 per day

Guess that like many other things the price fluctuates. We are paying $120.98 for parking at the ES for 21 days commencing 2/19. Booked on Nov 2.