Haven Restaurant Ordering MDR Entrees?

Fido Chuckwagon

I heard that in addition to being able to order the normal fare off the haven menu you can also order whatever is in the MDR that day in the haven restaurant. Can anyone confirm whether that is true? Thanks.

Given the prices of the Haven I would hope they could do that. Might take a while to get it to you however, might not be the temperature it should be.

why not just go to the MDR and get that entree?

The Haven is a long ways away from the MDR. While you may get your dish, you would be taking your waiter or assistant waiter out of the Haven Restaurant for 15+ minutes to go to the MDR, get the food, and bring it back up impacting your service and the service to all of the more reasonable guests in your section. Go to the MDR if you want their dish-of-the-day. Or, have your butler bring that special MDR dish to your stateroom.

The Haven is a long ways away from the MDR. While you may get your dish, you would be taking your waiter or assistant waiter out of the Haven Restaurant for 15+ minutes to go to the MDR, get the food, and bring it back up impacting your service and the service to all of the more reasonable guests in your section. Go to the MDR if you want their dish-of-the-day. Or, have your butler bring that special MDR dish to your stateroom.

For real![emoji57]

I don't believe the waiter or assistant waiter bring it, the butler does. I heard that you can order anything off of any menu and have it delivered to your room....even specialty dining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the restaurant the waiter gets it, in the room the Butler gets it. We did both. In the restaurant I ordered some sides that were not on the menus, it was no problem, I also sent the Butler for some of the bar ba q and it was no problem. If you order from a speciality restaurant its OK but you have to sign for the charge.

All the OP asked was if it was possible to get an item from the MDR menu in the Haven dining room. OP did not ask for a lecture telling them to go eat in the MDR.:rolleyes:

This is actually a good question. I sailed Epic twice and each time the concierge told us we could order anything from the MDR and have it delivered to the Haven restaurant. We never did it. Last time on Getaway we asked and they said no. They would not do it. I used to hear how people would get appetizers from the specialty restaurants delivered to the Haven too. They said no to this too. They said they would do it only if you paid the full specialty restaurant fee.

Your butler can pretty much deliver anything you want to your cabin. I am guessing since the Haven restaurant is so small on Getaway space is limited so they don't allow people eating MDR meals there ;)

I sailed on the 10-4 Breakaway cruise & asked once in the Haven if I could have an entree from the MDR or something similar.

I was told no & never asked again.

My experience in the Haven on this sailing was less than impressive, so your experience may be better.

There isn't any harm in asking if you want something else -just don't be surprised if the answer is no.

I've been in the Haven on the Epic a couple of times, and on the last cruise, January of this year, I asked the waiter if I could have the Prime Rib being served that night in O'Sheehan's and it was not problem whatsoever. On our first Epic cruise several years ago, our son asked if he could order Shrimp Scampi an entre' not on the menu, and sure enough he had it for dinner. So as a Haven guest, I would certainly expect to be accommodated if you know its available on the ship.;)

This is actually a good question. I sailed Epic twice and each time the concierge told us we could order anything from the MDR and have it delivered to the Haven restaurant. We never did it. Last time on Getaway we asked and they said no. They would not do it. I used to hear how people would get appetizers from the specialty restaurants delivered to the Haven too. They said no to this too. They said they would do it only if you paid the full specialty restaurant fee.

Your butler can pretty much deliver anything you want to your cabin. I am guessing since the Haven restaurant is so small on Getaway space is limited so they don't allow people eating MDR meals there ;)

I had the same experience on Getaway last year. [early Aug. 14] The Concierge said my butler could bring to the room, but not deliver to the Haven Restaurant. There was never an issue of cover charge fee not being paid as I had the prepaid specialty plan.

BUT I also never had a less enjoyable HAVEN/SUITE experience either. I was very underwhelmed by the Concierge and our Butler on Getaway. In fact, the Concierge was a just a totally snotty B*^#@ and seemed to go out of her way to be such. And I only asked butler for one thing during the cruise...on the first day only - milk in the fridge for the coffee, if I recall correctly - and he didn't get that til the second day after two notes were left.

I asked for and received a meal from the MDR while in the Haven on Getaway last year.

In the past, I believe it was on the Sun, I asked for crab benedict while in the MDR, (as a regular balcony dweller), and received it. However, under the new leadership and business model I doubt this would be possible today.

All the OP asked was if it was possible to get an item from the MDR menu in the Haven dining room. OP did not ask for a lecture telling them to go eat in the MDR.:rolleyes:

And your point, Husky61, is that I can't express my opinion? :( I think that you need to learn to be more tolerant other people's opinions and not to be so judgmental. Diversity of thought is what makes the world work.

And your point, Husky61, is that I can't express my opinion? :( I think that you need to learn to be more tolerant other people's opinions and not to be so judgmental. Diversity of thought is what makes the world work.

The OP wasn't asking for your opinion about anything other then if they could order from the MDR menu in the Haven restaurant. They weren't asking you if they should go to the MDR. What was difficult about directly answering the question? :rolleyes:

I don't care what other opinions you have, and I'm sure you have them. Your comment to the OP was a lecture, period!

The OP wasn't asking for your opinion about anything other then if they could order from the MDR menu in the Haven restaurant. They weren't asking you if they should go to the MDR. What was difficult about directly answering the question? :rolleyes:

I don't care what other opinions you have, and I'm sure you have them. Your comment to the OP was a lecture, period!

You may or may not be correct. But how is your lecture any better than someone else's. This is an open board and without direct attacks everyone is able to voice their opinion. Since none of us have moderator listed under our title, probably none of us have the option/right to correct others comments.

And how are your comments not a lecture? Take a look at yourself before you comment again.

Edited by BirdTravels

You may or may not be correct. But how is your lecture any better than someone else's. This is an open board and without direct attacks everyone is able to voice their opinion. Since none of us have moderator listed under our title, probably none of us have the option/right to correct others comments.

It wasn't my intent to lecture. I was merely pointing out that all the OP asked was if they could order from the MDR menu while eating in the Haven dining room. To me all that was necessary was a simple yes or no, nothing else.:)

And how are your comments not a lecture? Take a look at yourself before you comment again.

I was not intending to lecture you. I was only pointing out that all the OP asked was if they could order from the MDR menu while having a meal in the Haven dining room. I thought the question was very direct.

I am sorry if I offended you with my comments.:)

It wasn't my intent to lecture. I was merely pointing out that all the OP asked was if they could order from the MDR menu while eating in the Haven dining room. To me all that was necessary was a simple yes or no, nothing else.:)

Thank you. Yes that's all I wanted to know is if you can. My experience is that the MDR generally has bad slow service, and sometimes unfriendly waiters and I really preferred eating in the haven restaurant, where the service was excellent and the staff very friendly. Also when I went the haven restaurant was mostly empty at night due to most suites having the udp. The drawback to the haven restaurant is that the menu is limited and doesn't change. Also sometimes the people

I'm with might want MDR food while I want haven food and vice versa. It's nice to know if it's an option. Thanks.

Says the poster who came across as very judgmental

I had the same experience on Getaway last year. [early Aug. 14] The Concierge said my butler could bring to the room, but not deliver to the Haven Restaurant. There was never an issue of cover charge fee not being paid as I had the prepaid specialty plan.

BUT I also never had a less enjoyable HAVEN/SUITE experience either. I was very underwhelmed by the Concierge and our Butler on Getaway. In fact, the Concierge was a just a totally snotty B*^#@ and seemed to go out of her way to be such. And I only asked butler for one thing during the cruise...on the first day only - milk in the fridge for the coffee, if I recall correctly - and he didn't get that til the second day after two notes were left.

While I have never asked for MDR food to be delivered to the Haven dining room, I can see why people may have been told no on that ship. We sailed on the Getaway in July, 2014. We were in Spa suites as we gave my niece and her new husband a honeymoon cruise for a wedding gift. If you had the same concierge (Ruth) as we did she also provided a less than stellar experience for us, she made us feel unwelcome each time we tried to speak with her And I don't consider us high maintenance. The Haven was an entirely unwelcoming place for us. We were actually discouraged from eating in the Haven restaurant. We only went to the Haven pool area one time to relax, swim, eat, and play board games. We asked the pool butler for some food items from O'Sheehans and was quickly told no. I knew this was a perk and persisted about being able to order from another restaurant. I went thru 3 separate crew including concierge staff still being told no. It wasn't until an officer walked thru the Haven and I questioned him that I was told most certainly I could order from O'Sheehans and have it delivered to the Haven. I think the concierge plays an important role in what type of experience Haven guests have and her type of leadership did not add to this guest's satisfaction. Fortunately, Sean W. the HD made up for the Haven's shortcomings and treated my niece and her new husband like they were VIPs on board.

To the OP, others are reporting that you can order from the MDR menu. If this is something that is important to you than do not passively accept "no" for an answer if that should happen. Attend your M&G and get the card of officer contact phone numbers so they can help you clear up any concerns of what you can expect as a Haven guest. When executed correctly, the Haven is truly a wonderful experience.

I was not intending to lecture you. I was only pointing out that all the OP asked was if they could order from the MDR menu while having a meal in the Haven dining room. I thought the question was very direct.

I am sorry if I offended you with my comments.:)

I think your comments were fine. I was taken aback at how condescending some of the other comments were. And unnecessary.