Karambole Tours

Nebr.cruiser

2 hours ago, ksp819 said:

We just took this tour and Cristelle is as sweet as the come!  She was such a joy to talk to.  There are several stops but most are not in town where there are stores.  I believe there may have been one place to buy a snack but we didn’t need it.  Some of her “tastes” were small but there were small sandwiches and a couple other heartier things too.  We were not starving when we returned to the ship.  Our driver was a little late so we met her at 9 and returned to the ship around 2:15.  The tour was wonderful!

That’s good info thank you!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can’t say enough positive things about Christelle and the Pile et Face tour we did with Karambole Tours. She is very knowledgeable and engaging and the food and drink items offered were terrific. 

It was a great combination of food tour and island highlights. No time sitting in restaurants or bars, but still getting to sample a good selection of local flavors.

Christelle’s background as a teacher is probably one of the things that held make her an extraordinary tour guide. If you are stopping at Martinique, I would definitely recommend her tour!

https://www.karamboletoursmartinique.com/en-GB/offers/pile-et-face.html

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2023 at 11:44 AM, JanetAlice said:

Based on the recommendations here, we took the food tour with Christelle. She was absolutely fabulous. Don’t hesitate to book any tour with her. It was the best tour of our cruise. 

We are booked on this tour the end of April - there are 8 of us.  Questions:  did the van accommodate larger groups?  where did they pick you up?  did you need extra money and, if so, UD dollars or credit cards?  Thanks

50 minutes ago, mduffy1834 said:

We are booked on this tour the end of April - there are 8 of us.  Questions:  did the van accommodate larger groups?  where did they pick you up?  did you need extra money and, if so, UD dollars or credit cards?  Thanks

Yes. We were two but the Van could accommodate about 18, maybe more. We didn’t need extra money except for her tip. I had taken some Euros which I used to tip her. Euros are the currency not  US Dollars. They are French citizens hence Euros. Credit cards are accepted. 

1 hour ago, mduffy1834 said:

Sorry. I forgot to tell you she picked you up by the pier and walked you over to her van. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mduffy1834 said:

If you were able to book the tour for eight people, wouldn't that by definition mean that she was able to handle a group of that size??

Edited by MisterBill99

not necessarily......we booked a tour and had to split up into 2 vans - not what we expected but we made the best of it.  But each group had somewhat different experiences due to driver/tour guide.

I had this tour just last week.  We were able to pay in euros on credit card, or cash in euros (75) or USD (90) (actual USD depends upon her exchange rate on tour day). For me, coming from Canada, the exchange rate was almost the same to buy Euros or USD so I took Euros cash and took enough euros to include tip.

Christelle was at the end of the pier in the same area where people congregated for Celebrity tours.  She held a card with everyone’s surname.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

thanks for the info.  When you book the tour online, do they charge your credit card immediately upon booking or only put a hold on your card

No she charges on the day of the tour. She wants the credit card info to hold the booking and I assume will charge if you don’t show up on the day or don’t cancel outside 7 days prior. I actually paid in cash Euros and my card was never charged. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2023 at 8:51 AM, Cruise till you drop said:

thanks for the info.  When you book the tour online, do they charge your credit card immediately upon booking or only put a hold on your card

She has a portable CC machine she will bring around at the end of the tour.  Some argued with her but her website did clearly say you would be charged the day of the tour.  She said she has no access to the credit card numbers we use to put on hold therefore if we leave she has no way to charge us.  She is so sweet!  You will have a wonderful time!

• Like 1