Multiple Summit Charters/Redeployments in early 2017

cruzeluver

Just saw on FB:

Please be advised that the following Celebrity Summit sailings have been chartered and/or redeployed: January 14, 2017; January 21, 2017; January 31, 2017; February 11, 2017; February 18, 2017; February 25, 2017; March 4, 2017; March 11, 2017; March 18, 2017 and March 25, 2017. As a result these changes, please contact your travel agent or Celebrity directly to addresses compensation for your bookings on the impacted sailings.

Just saw on FB:

Please be advised that the following Celebrity Summit sailings have been chartered and/or redeployed: January 14, 2017; January 21, 2017; January 31, 2017; February 11, 2017; February 18, 2017; February 25, 2017; March 4, 2017; March 11, 2017; March 18, 2017 and March 25, 2017. As a result these changes, please contact your travel agent or Celebrity directly to addresses compensation for your bookings on the impacted sailings.

Hi Cruzeluver,

Interesting. I highly doubt Summit has been chartered for 3 months. I think it's a redeployment, and they are moving Summit elsewhere. We'll see how this plays out. Stay Tuned !

How nice!

Good thing I canceled a b2b (Aqua 1 stern cabin) on the Summit in late 2016 to take this new 11 night (Aqua 1 stern cabin) on the Summit.

Booked all of these the moment they were available. Yeah, I'll get Aqua 1 with a stern cabin again...no problem (pigs may fly too).

Just finished a Aqua 1 (not on the stern, damn) Panama Canal Cruise on the Infinity, wonderful. Will only book Aqua 1 on the stern from now on.

Centennial Bridge Pan American Highway - Culebra Cut - Celebrity Infinity Panama Canal, Panama 9-30-2015.

22747815745_3d9c6b3652_c.jpg

CaptDave

Very disappointed! We are booked on the March 18th cruise with our daughter and son in law. It was going to be the first time for them to San Juan or any of the southern islands.

Depending on what is going on, we may have to go back to Royal for our cruise. We did a B2B on Summit 2 years ago and loved it. I can't believe Celebrity would not have a ship to the southern caribbean during prime season. Like Andy said, see how it all plays out.

Hi Cruzeluver,

Interesting. I highly doubt Summit has been chartered for 3 months. I think it's a redeployment, and they are moving Summit elsewhere. We'll see how this plays out. Stay Tuned !

Not totally sure about the redeployment. She is still scheduled to do her April sailings out of San Juan. We'll find out more when the new deployment schedule comes out.

Summit has been chartered for several sailings. I am on the January 21 sailing. She is repositioning to Ft. Lauderdale for 2 jazz cruise charters. These cruises are listed on the jazz cruise website website.

You can check the roll calls of the affected sailings.

She is also being charted for others I hear but have not seen the proof.

:(:mad:

Not totally sure about the redeployment. She is still scheduled to do her April sailings out of San Juan. We'll find out more when the new deployment schedule comes out.

That's interesting too :)

As the last post states, Summit is reportedly headed to Ft Lauderdale for a charter. Assuming this is true, I wonder if Celebrity is having second thoughts on the short sailings, and Summit might offer some short sailings from Ft Lauderdale, before returning to San Juan. Maybe a split season ?

All speculation of course, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

'January 31st 2017 11 night Eastern Caribbean'‏

Celebrity knew about this Jazz Cruise charter for a couple months now, finally confirmed to me just now! I've been calling since I got back from my 17 night Panama Canal Cruise in early Oct 2015.

Had Aqua 1 cabin 1140 on this cruise. Do you know how much effort it takes to get a Aqua 1 stern cabin on the Summit/Infinity (1140 is the largest in the center also)?

Had a late 2016 B2B Carib booked on the Summit (Aqua 1 1140 also). Canceled this B2B to do the 11 Night Carib with the ABC's, something different.

Celebrity finally admitted just now the Summit was doing a 7 night Jazz Cruise instead (not same time or city).

$100 credit on a future cruise, if I book by the 11-20-2015. Wow, 10 days to think about it.

$450 deposit for my 11 Night on the Summit, where is it? Celebrity is not to quick with returning everyone deposit's (I'll bet not one has been returned).

After a wonderful 17 night Aqua 1 Panama Canal Cruise on the Infinity I feel this is a slap in the face. But that's just me.

CaptDave

My DH just got off the phone with Celebrity - We booked an extended cruise for Jan 31st 2017 on the Summit which is not gone. Booked Aqua deck 11 aft cabin - the offer is that we can book the Equinox for a cruise that will now cost us over $1000 more person for and additional 3 nights and we'll get $100 OBC, which must be booked before November 20th this year. Pitiful is my response - and this was suppose to be an Anniversary Cruise we were really looking forward to as it was more than 7 days, included the ABC islands in the cabin we wanted. Celebrity customer service was very short with him also. Very unhappy.

The more I think about it we should all take our money and run. I was on the 10 night sailing that is now gone. Only $100 extra?? They are making a huge profit off these charters.

***...$100 on a future cruise I have to book right now (by 11-20-2015).

Celebrity Customer Service, 2 out of 10.

CaptDave

The more I think about it we should all take our money and run. I was on the 10 night sailing that is now gone. Only $100 extra?? They are making a huge profit off these charters.

Run where? All the cruise lines do this.

If you are in the US, I believe you can transfer your booking to any booking that is similar, and then spend time looking for something and transfer to that. We call it a "holding" cruise.

I'm surprised at Celebrity's dealing with this.

Beth

While I can understand why all of you are angry, I can't help feel sorry for the customer reps that you are dealing with.

They have to receive hundreds of phone calls of people who have had their vacation plans suddenly cancelled without warning.

Some will be ok as they will switch to another cruise, most will be angry and some will be irate. After dealing with many angry and irate customers I can only imagine where their heads are at. I would probably be a little short too. Just remember they aren't the ones who cancelled your cruise. The actual people that make those decisions don't have to answer the phone.

They probably got a heads up that morning or the day before about what was going to happen. Probably dreaded heading into work today.

I also agree that your compensation is unfair. $100 is a little out of sorts.

The fact of the matter is that Celebrity "rented" out their boat at a premium. No perks to offer, no price drops after final payment, nothing like that. Everyone who wants to drink will probably have to buy a drink package. All of us in their situation would probably do the same thing. At the end of the day the only people they are held accountable to is the shareholder. At the end of the year that's who they need to make sure is happy.

$100 credit on a future cruise, if I book by the 11-20-2015. Wow, 10 days to think about it.

$450 deposit for my 11 Night on the Summit, where is it? Celebrity is not to quick with returning everyone deposit's (I'll bet not one has been returned).

You have to cancel to get the deposit back. for now the assumption is you will be applying it to another cruise to keep any perks etc. on existing reservation. To get the OBC they have offered you have to transfer the existing reservation, so you don't want them refunding the deposit and lose the potential $100 OBC to make a change. If you won't be changing or taking the $100, call and cancel and it will refund.

My DH just got off the phone with Celebrity - We booked an extended cruise for Jan 31st 2017 on the Summit which is not gone. Booked Aqua deck 11 aft cabin - the offer is that we can book the Equinox for a cruise that will now cost us over $1000 more person for and additional 3 nights and we'll get $100 OBC, which must be booked before November 20th this year. Pitiful is my response - and this was suppose to be an Anniversary Cruise we were really looking forward to as it was more than 7 days, included the ABC islands in the cabin we wanted. Celebrity customer service was very short with him also. Very unhappy.

sorry you were cancelled and not well accomodated with a replacement . 2017 is far away but we also hold a booking for that month on Equinox....and one in April 2017 on Princess...hope if they get wiped out we get adequate notice

Princess offers an ABC island cruise...

we got caught up in the big Celebrity shift for fall 2016, were left dangling for quite awile, and are now booked on the remaining ABC cruise on Infinity (also M Class) for Oct 2016...not your desired time frame but we have a great roll call !

Hope it works out for you and others...

I work in retail and deal with unhappy people all the time but I still need to be professional. The person I got was totally unsympathetic and a bit snarky.

I paid a $450 deposit.

How long do you think Celebrity was going to keep your money without ever telling the cruise you booked was gone?

All those cruises, all those people ($$$$$). This seems to be a scam?

CaptDave

I paid a $450 deposit.

How long do you think Celebrity was going to keep your money without ever telling the cruise you booked was gone?

All those cruises, all those people ($$$$$). This seems to be a scam?

CaptDave

Understand that nothing is official until all the paperwork is signed. Imagine if Celebrity had given you and everyone else back your money months ago and then at the last second the company decided to pull out of the charter.

Celebrity is now stuck with an empty boat. Everyone cruise money is now on somewhere else. They would probably have to discount rooms just to be able to fill them up.