On the Escape!

Lily815

Can you please elaborate on the show? Never seen this menu before. How much is the show and dinner?

Brenda Baxton is one of the stars in the After Midnight show in the main theater. She and a few members of the AM band do a separate Cabaret show in the Supper Club when the brat pack are off.

Broadway songs. Intimate chit chat.

The show is the same price as For The Record. I think it is $29.99 plus tip. We had the SDP, so we paid the $15 upcharge plus tip ($17.70)

The five course dinner ran 90 minutes. 45 minutes to get through a couple of courses and 45 minutes more dining during the show.

The waiters were very professional presenting and explaining each of the items in each course.

I would add that they had special compartmented plates for each course. Seems like a long term activity.

Good food. Good music. Well worth $15 (or $30).

Edited by BirdTravels

Nice, we were in 25 ft waves last week, it was a bit crazy, though she still handled nicely

The crew were talking about some of the weather you had. They were sad that you didn't have more opportunity to enjoy some of the outdoor activities until you were closer to the US.

Bong is on the Escape!?!? HURRAY! He made our nights on the Getaway -- I drank more Mojitos than I should because of him. He also treated my daughter like gold even though she is too young to drink. Just LOVE him!!

Yep. He's one of the reasons we booked the Escape. The ships are nice, but it's the crew that's makes the biggest difference.

Brenda Baxton is one of the stars in the After Midnight show in the main theater. She and a few members of the AM band do a separate Cabaret show in the Supper Club when the brat pack are off.

The show is the same price as For The Record. I think it is $29.99 plus tip. We had the SDP, so we paid the $15 upcharge plus tip ($17.70)

The five course dinner ran 90 minutes. 45 minutes to get through a couple of courses and 45 minutes more dining during the show.

The waiters were very professional presenting and explaining each of the items in each course.

I would add that they had special compartmented plates for each course. Seems like a long term activity.

Thanks for this info as it's the first I've heard of the dinner show. Could you comment a little on the food? It's not the same menu as the Brat Pack (which seems same as Cirque and Illusionarium on other ships). What were the highlights?

Like you, we have the SDP. But since the 18% gratuity has already been taken care of, I'm curious that you paid $15 plus gratuity for $17.70.

Do you happen to know how many nights this will be offered on a 7 day cruise or what night(s) it is? Thanks!

Thanks for this info as it's the first I've heard of the dinner show. Could you comment a little on the food? It's not the same menu as the Brat Pack (which seems same as Cirque and Illusionarium on other ships). What were the highlights?

Like you' date=' we have the SDP. But since the 18% gratuity has already been taken care of, I'm curious that you paid $15 plus gratuity for $17.70.

Do you happen to know how many nights this will be offered on a 7 day cruise or what night(s) it is? Thanks![/quote']

So,,, you paid an 18% gratuity on the basic cost of the SDP. For example, if you purchased or received as a Freestyle promotion, a 7-day SDP (value $119), you have already paid 18% ($21.42). The way the package works, if you add any additional upcharges, you pay the 18% on that upcharge. For the Escape, upcharges include Supper Club shows $15 + $2.70 gratuity, Bayamo $15 + $2.70 gratuity, Pincho Tapas Bar $7 + $1.26.

No idea how many nights it plays. This week is the first 7-day cruise. The show can only occur when both After Midnight and For the Record are dark (not playing).

With regard to the food, you are correct. The Supper Club food for For The Record is very much like Cirque and the Illusionarium. Mass produced, sitting out for long periods so that you can serve the entire dining room in 10 minutes.

The food at this show was a lot more sophisticated that I have seen on NCL. Still slightly mass produced, but things like “bacon foam” have a very limited holding time. Things like roasted beats with truffle pearls and truffle oil, lobster salad, foie gras,,, not stuff on the menus of Le Bistro or Cagney’s.

However, with Pinchos and the Food Republic, the quality and variety of food has increased dramatically.

The show and food were well worth the $15 up charge.

BTW: In the photos below,,,, look at the dots on the plate,,,, do you see dots or do you see the face of a lady???? How does your brain reprieve it? Optical illusions at dinner.

e383b25af7b982e472ec018244f9aaa0.jpgf7fe62d50bc03bf0e65368ad8a1195b6.jpg8998542acb836a2afe80c5defd015ce6.jpgd5cdeb7404c426ea04510223e78a571c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BirdTravels

No idea how many nights it plays. This week is the first 7-day cruise. The show can only occur when both After Midnight and For the Record are dark (not playing).

On the TA, For The Record played downstairs in its own theater while other shows happened upstairs in the main theater. Obviously Million Dollar Quartet and After Midnight can't play at the same time since they share a stage, but they can and do take place at the same time For The Record plays in the other theater.

On the TA, For The Record played downstairs in its own theater while other shows happened upstairs in the main theater. Obviously Million Dollar Quartet and After Midnight can't play at the same time since they share a stage, but they can and do take place at the same time For The Record plays in the other theater.

You are correct!

But the question was how often does the "Brenda Braxton Live" Cabaret show play in the Supper Club (the second dinner show in the Supper Club, not For The Record). It can only play when Brenda is not acting in After Dark and on nights when For The Record is not playing. On the 3-Night Escape that just finished yesterday, Brenda Braxton Live played on night 2.

543489564_BBLive.jpg.26bc5de1d214021b5955070354b672f8.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

Thank you for all the info/pics....I really like the looks of the menu and food.

I hope it's something they continue.

You are correct!

But the question was how often does the "Brenda Braxton Live" Cabaret show play in the Supper Club (the second dinner show in the Supper Club, not For The Record). It can only play when Brenda is not acting in After Dark and on nights when For The Record is not playing. On the 3-Night Escape that just finished yesterday, Brenda Braxton Live played on night 2.

You are correct!

That meal looks much nicer and better than what was served at For the Record. I hope they are still doing this when we return to the Escape in the Spring.

You are correct!

Ah, gotcha. You'd posted so many helpful answers, I lost track of what was being answered. LOL!

By the way, did you ever get a chance to check out my receipts I posted from Cagney's after you called me a liar when I said I had more than one app? Just wanted to make sure.

So I posted the official policy that the restaurant hosts will tell you. Like you, I benefited from the fact that the UDP codes are still available and the waiter use them liberally to comp more than he policy allows.

It remains to be seen what happens when the last of the UDP packages go away or when the ship and fleet (next year) realize that the waiters are not following the policy.

Responding responsibly on a forum is hard. You want to provide factual responses to people's questions vs "what I got away with". People with the UDPs are getting the SDP upcharge prices for the Supper Club vs the 25% discount that is in the UDP policy. We both got free appetizers and desserts which is not part of the SDP policy. I try to stick to the factual and encourage people to "don't look back" if they are fortunate, like you and me, to get away with something that is not quite "legal" by the terms and conditions of the offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BirdTravels

So I posted the official policy that the restaurant hosts will tell you. Like you, I benefited from the fact that the UDP codes are still available and the waiter use them liberally to comp more than he policy allows.

It remains to be seen what happens when the last of the UDP packages go away or when the ship and fleet (next year) realize that the waiters are not following the policy.

Responding responsibly on a forum is hard. You want to provide factual responses to people's questions vs "what I got away with". People with the UDPs are getting the SDP upcharge prices for the Supper Club vs the 25% discount that is in the UDP policy. We both got free appetizers and desserts which is not part of the SDP policy. I try to stick to the factual and encourage people to "don't look back" if they are fortunate, like you and me, to get away with something that is not quite "legal" by the terms and conditions of the offer

You are the only person who has said that the restaurant hosts told you the one app rule, etc. I was not told that when I asked multiple times at multiple restaurants on Escape, nor has anyone else who asked on board reported being told that. In addition, 100% of the actual experiences report the exact same things. So what is the factual information? I'm going to stick with actual experiences and what the majority are reporting being told.

Brenda Braxton Cabaret show at the Supper Club. Excellent foodie evening

1993319c7bd025e4ac4ca83dac4ccf07.jpg

Thanks so much for answering my question before I even asked it! This show sounds great. I'll have to check it out if it's still up in January - I didn't see it listed to prebook, so will have to do so onboard.

Edited by thatjoeguy

Bong is on the Escape!?!? HURRAY! He made our nights on the Getaway -- I drank more Mojitos than I should because of him. He also treated my daughter like gold even though she is too young to drink. Just LOVE him!!

We just love Bong too! We were even more excited once we found out he'll be on the Escape. This will be our 4th cruise with him.

Yep. He's one of the reasons we booked the Escape. The ships are nice, but it's the crew that's makes the biggest difference.

We agree! The crew definitely makes a cruise more fun. As long as you aren't a demanding person, they are usually fun. I wish Lorelie was also on the Escape. We had a blast between Bong, her and Rod on the Getaway.

Edited by kenoqueen

Can someone who has actually been on the Escape give me the hours for the specialty restaurants? Do the have any lunch hours?

The hours can vary, and what happened on my cruise might not be the same as your cruise. For the most part, the specialty restaurants are open 5:30 to 10pm. Food Republic and Pincho Tapas are also open lunch hours. On some ships, Teppanyaki is open for lunch, but we will have to wait until people report back from this week's first regular itinerary cruise to see if that is the case here.

The hours can vary, and what happened on my cruise might not be the same as your cruise. For the most part, the specialty restaurants are open 5:30 to 10pm. Food Republic and Pincho Tapas are also open lunch hours. On some ships, Teppanyaki is open for lunch, but we will have to wait until people report back from this week's first regular itinerary cruise to see if that is the case here.

Thanks. Is Bayamo open for lunch at all? Or just Pincho Tapas Bar?