EZAir flight time change.. What to do?

Kenswing

We're doing a British Isles cruise in May. We have a flight booked with EZAir on Delta. The departure time from London post cruise was 1:00pm.. I just looked and it has been changed to 10:30am. I'm guessing this isn't doable on the day we get back into Southampton?

Should I call Princess and change the flight to the next day, staying a night near the airport? Should I wait for Princess to contact me about the flight time change? Should I call Delta and just change things with them?

Thanks for any advice..

Exactly as above. Do be aware that if the airline changes a flight time to something that will not work for you, they are obligated to rebook you on something that will work at no additional charge (after all, YOU didn't initiate the change.) However, since you booked thru Princess, work thru them to get things changed. Yes, 10:30 is way too early. Heathrow can be a mess--you definitely want to be there well before flight time.

Also, the Delta International area at JFK is horrible. If you have any other choice of an entry port to the US, take it. We feel so strongly about this that we will choose another airline in order to avoid JFK.

Edited by moki'smommy

Thank you all for the advice..

The flight is a nonstop to Seattle so I won't need to go through New York-- Thankfully..

We are heading to London three days early so we wouldn't mind if that flight changed. I guess we'll just take our time getting off the ship. Maybe make a stop at Stonehenge then get a room near the airport so we won't have a commute the morning of the flight..

Also' date=' the Delta International area at JFK is horrible. If you have any other choice of an entry port to the US, take it. We feel so strongly about this that we will choose another airline in order to avoid JFK.[/quote']

You've clearly never arrived at MIA on an International flight where you need to allow four hours for an International to International transit and three hours for an International to Domestic transit.

Whatever, that is not why I posted. 10.30 is not do-able particularly on a weekday when you need to remember that the last ten miles of the M3 to the M25 orbital motorway is very slow from around 07.00.

Although airlines say check closes 45 minutes before take-off, you must enter security 35 minutes before take-off and at be at the gate 20 minutes before take-off. the gate, I start to worry if I am not checked in at least an hour and preferably 90 minutes before departure time.

FWIW, I live around 40 minutes west of Southampton and, if I wanted to catch a 10.30 flight I would plan to leave home no later than 05.00, and probably at 04.30, but that includes 30 minutes to drop the car off at long term parking. In just a few weeks I am on an 11.05 departure to SFO out of T5 and we are staying at the airport (Sofitel on T5) the night before. It never crossed my mind to drive up on the day.

As others have said, the OP must get Princess to change their flight.

US airlines and perhaps others change their schedules every quarter to better adjust to the traffic patterns. Sometimes these adjustments made by the computer make a negative impact on the traveler. It is the traveler's responsibility to call the booking agent and get the flight(s) adjusted so that they are reasonable.

That being said the OP needs to contact Princess ASAP to get their flight schedule changed so that it will work for them. If you wait for Princess to call you or even to change the schedule, you well may be waiting until the flight takes off.

You should be able to get on the EZAir page of Princess and check for other flight options. In fact. once you find something doable, you can cancel the existing reservation yourself and rebook right on the site.

Regarding EZAir, don't rely on Princess to notify you of changes and verify with the airline that the seats/times you see on Princess are what they actually are. We booked EZAir to Alaska and although I put in seats on EZAir, United had no record of them. United made a change to the flights and I found out by checking in at United (no notification from United or Princess). We were going Tampa-Houston, Houston-Anchorage. The flight change was Tampa-Dulles, Dulles-Anchorage and the 2nd flight left less than 30 minutes after we arrived - too close for me. No word from Princess and the EZAir site still showed the old flights. Luckily my TA took care of it for me. On another cruise, we used EZAir to/from Tahiti - again no notifications from Princess but on the return flight, we ended up with 2 flights from LAX to DFW - no idea why - plus the flight left 20 minutes after we got into LAX from Papeete! TA took care of it.

Not to beat a dead horse to death, but monitor your flights and don't rely on Princess to do it for you. Also don't rely on the EZAir site - it's not in sync with the airlines. Go directly to the airline site. Also be aware that the record locator used by EZAir may not be the individual airline locator - you may have to call the airline to get their locator number so you can monitor the flights (you can reference the locator EZAir gives you and the airline can give you theirs). The EZAir locator can be a code share locator - we flew American and Air Tahiti Nui but the record locator was for Quantas. Again, my TA got the correct locators for me.

EZAir can be great for pricing but don't trust it for flight management.

Doug

Thanks again for the replies everyone..

Tried to call Princess and was on hold for 20 minutes and gave up.. Called Delta and they changed the flight to the next day with no problem.

This actually works out well for us. Instead of arriving late on a Friday afternoon we'll get in early Saturday afternoon. Traffic will be much better getting home..

Now to find a hotel near the airport.. :)

Regarding EZAir, don't rely on Princess to notify you of changes and verify with the airline that the seats/times you see on Princess are what they actually are. We booked EZAir to Alaska and although I put in seats on EZAir, United had no record of them. United made a change to the flights and I found out by checking in at United (no notification from United or Princess). We were going Tampa-Houston, Houston-Anchorage. The flight change was Tampa-Dulles, Dulles-Anchorage and the 2nd flight left less than 30 minutes after we arrived - too close for me. No word from Princess and the EZAir site still showed the old flights. Luckily my TA took care of it for me. On another cruise, we used EZAir to/from Tahiti - again no notifications from Princess but on the return flight, we ended up with 2 flights from LAX to DFW - no idea why - plus the flight left 20 minutes after we got into LAX from Papeete! TA took care of it.

Not to beat a dead horse to death, but monitor your flights and don't rely on Princess to do it for you. Also don't rely on the EZAir site - it's not in sync with the airlines. Go directly to the airline site. Also be aware that the record locator used by EZAir may not be the individual airline locator - you may have to call the airline to get their locator number so you can monitor the flights (you can reference the locator EZAir gives you and the airline can give you theirs). The EZAir locator can be a code share locator - we flew American and Air Tahiti Nui but the record locator was for Quantas. Again, my TA got the correct locators for me.

EZAir can be great for pricing but don't trust it for flight management.

Doug

Very interesting. We used EZAir which had to be added thru our travel agent. I was quite disappointed to find that our need for wheelchair assistance at the airport as well as frequent flyer numbers were not recorded on the airline's site despite the TA telling me that she had entered them. It appears that information placed on the Princess EZAir site is not necessarily recorded by the airline!

Very interesting. We used EZAir which had to be added thru our travel agent. I was quite disappointed to find that our need for wheelchair assistance at the airport as well as frequent flyer numbers were not recorded on the airline's site despite the TA telling me that she had entered them. It appears that information placed on the Princess EZAir site is not necessarily recorded by the airline!

This does not have to be added through a TA. You can edit your information on the princess website including frequent flier numbers and any assistance information. You can also call the airline with the reservation number and add these things.

This does not have to be added through a TA. You can edit your information on the princess website including frequent flier numbers and any assistance information. You can also call the airline with the reservation number and add these things.

Yes, I was able to add it at the airline's web page. I was just disappointed to find that it hadn't been carried from the Princess EZAir page to the airline's page and glad that I'd checked it myself!

I was told that because I'd booked the cruise thru a TA, I had to book the EZAir also thru the TA...and thought that all would be taken care of when the TA did the EZAir stuff.

We've booked the cruise through a TA and booked the EZAir portion ourselves and have had no trouble getting the seat assignments and FF numbers carried over, so it may depend on the airline. I do always double check directly on the airline website.

I often check for lower airfares and if there's been a change, the EZAir site will tell you that you have to call them before you can check for different airfares, but that's the only way I've found out about the change.

We've had our flights changed (by minutes usually) and had no trouble getting the info updated onto the EZAir site or getting flights changed if necessary by calling Princess.

Yes' date=' I was able to add it at the airline's web page. I was just disappointed to find that it hadn't been carried from the Princess EZAir page to the airline's page and glad that I'd checked it myself!

I was told that because I'd booked the cruise thru a TA, I had to book the EZAir also thru the TA...and thought that all would be taken care of when the TA did the EZAir stuff.[/quote']

Ok good! Just wanted to make sure others reading this post didn't get the wrong impression.

The amount of misinformation floating around is incredible. Glad you figured it out.