Who will be CD on cruise

wally_bushy

1. Does it really matter that much? I know that some are better at Trivia than others, but does that have a great impact on you?

2. On our last cruise, our CD was reassigned off our ship to another in just a couple of days notice. Something had happened elsewhere in the system and O had to reshuffle the deck somewhat. On our cruise before our last, our CD got pulled of the ship and sent to corporate far before his scheduled rotation time. So I'd say "Don't expect anyone until you show up on the boat".

1. Does it really matter that much? I know that some are better at Trivia than others, but does that have a great impact on you?

2. On our last cruise, our CD was reassigned off our ship to another in just a couple of days notice. Something had happened elsewhere in the system and O had to reshuffle the deck somewhat. On our cruise before our last, our CD got pulled of the ship and sent to corporate far before his scheduled rotation time. So I'd say "Don't expect anyone until you show up on the boat".

No it doesn't, it was just a question:confused:

• 4 weeks later...
Other cruise lines provide a spreadsheet to CC with their ships and Capt, CD, etc. Hope Oceania will do this.

It is listed in your cruise planner that you receive 4-8 wks from the cruise sailing date ...are you actually sailing on Oceania ?

Edited by LHT28

Hi!

We received our Cruise Planner for our Jan. 23rd Riviera cruise and it no longer lists any of the staff who will be onboard. I bet Oceania stopped listing the names because of changes that had to be made.

I would suggest calling Oceania a few weeks before the cruise to see which officers will be onboard.

Rhea

O has recently stopped listing the officers in the "cruise planner"

wow! Wonder when this started? The Captain, CD, GM, etc were listed in our "blue book" of our November 18th sailing.

I thought it was a nice touch. too bad.

Recently received cruise planner for January 7 cruise from Valparaiso. Nobody listed.

If it's on Marina you will probably have Ray Carr as CD as he just boarded in Cape Town. I don't usually have much to do with CDs but ai can however recognise them, but this guy has no presence and we didn't see him for a fortnight....I honestly couldn't have picked him out in an ID parade.

What is a cruise planner? We are on the Jan 23 Riviera cruise and haven't received anything.

It will come to you shortly. Also called the "blue book" as it is blue.

I thought it was a very nice touch by O.

What is a cruise planner? We are on the Jan 23 Riviera cruise and haven't received anything.

If you are in a suite it may not be blue but it has your luggage labels & other information in it for the cruise

I would ask your TA about it I would think suites get theirs about 8 wks out

Someone will correct me if wrong

Edited by LHT28