Shareholder Credit with B2B Cruises

mellon1

We are doing 4 B2B cruises starting 1/23 and I sent in my shareholder info; however, only the first cruise we were given the shareholder benefit, none of the others have shown up, even after a week. I thought we would get the benefits on each cruise? Thanks for any help.

Mary

We are doing 4 B2B cruises starting 1/23 and I sent in my shareholder info; however, only the first cruise we were given the shareholder benefit, none of the others have shown up, even after a week. I thought we would get the benefits on each cruise? Thanks for any help.

Mary

If your cruises have 4 different booking numbers, you'll have to submit for each one.

If your cruises have 4 different booking numbers, you'll have to submit for each one.

I did. Maybe because they all went in a row they thought they were duplicates? I did submit a cover letter too stating that it was 4 back to back cruises and that I had the forms for each one. I must be doing something wrong.

If you give them a call they will fix it. I sent in 3 broker statements with the three separate forms and different confirmation numbers. They only credited one. Called them and explained what had been sent, and what was credited. They fixed it right away.

If a husband and wife have joint Carnival stock of 100 shares and are booked in different cabins with different confirmation numbers do they both get OBC for the stock or do you have to have more shares to do it?

Mary

Make sure you take a printout of your cruise details for each cruise with the amount of OBC showing.

Even this may not help you much, we recently had 2 cruises on Caribbean Princess, separate cruises, not quite back to back as we debarked the ship and stayed on shore in an hotel until we re-embarked the same ship at a later date- and our OBC did not get credited to our account on the second cruise.

I produced my printout from the Princess website showing the OBC and Gary on the Passenger Services desk on Caribbean Princess still maintained that we were not entitled to OBC on subsequent B2B cruises. Even with the evidence in front of him. Even though we were not on a B2B.

Only after I emailed Princess head office did it appear on my onboard account.

Princess certainly have some idiots working at the Passenger Services desk who seem to think their main job is to deny the passengers what they have been promised, and that the passenger is always wrong.

Sometimes I put it down to a slight language problem, that wasn't the case with Gary on Caribbean Princess, he is South African with English as his first language. No excuse for stupidity Gary!

I just write all the info on the proof of ownership with relevant booking numbers and never had a problem.

I've sent in as many as 3 booking #s at a time.

The most recent, we are doing a B2B in December/January and we will be on the ship when the next statement (for the January leg) is issued. I added a note asking if they could use the December statement since we will be on the ship with no access to our newer statement and they did it.

Just make sure, if you have to call, that you know the date, time and fax # that your statement was sent. Our faxes are stored directly in a computer and they can't search without that information.

I'd re-send a request for each booking #, one a day. :)

That really is the way to do it right, I cannot count the times I tried faxing a number of cruises applications in one go and only had the first one credited.

The poorly trained chimps they have manning the fax machines cannot cope with passengers booking numerous cruises at one time.

KISS - it's a useful acronym.

If the stock shares are owned jointly, the benefit will only be applied to one cabin no matter how many shares more than minimum 100 are owned.

Thats not true based on experience. It is one shareholder credit per room and they will apply it to both rooms if submitted.

Thank you all so much. You have so much knowledge about everything Princess. I find it is more accurate and quicker to ask on this site than even call Princess.

I guess I will have to bring all my papers showing the shareholder credits. I noticed today when I went in to check my personalizer, some of my OBC's are no longer listed. Extremely weird. We prepay our gratuities too. I guess I should take proof of that also. This was the first time we did it because we got an email about prepaying.

Better safe than sorry. Many thanks to everyone.

Thank you all so much. You have so much knowledge about everything Princess. I find it is more accurate and quicker to ask on this site than even call Princess.

I guess I will have to bring all my papers showing the shareholder credits. I noticed today when I went in to check my personalizer, some of my OBC's are no longer listed. Extremely weird. We prepay our gratuities too. I guess I should take proof of that also. This was the first time we did it because we got an email about prepaying.

Better safe than sorry. Many thanks to everyone.

You need to get this fixed before you board the ship.

You need to get this fixed before you board the ship.

Totally agree, the Passenger Services people will do NOTHING to help you if you haven't got it all fixed before you get on board.

Try calling your travel agent you booked the cruise with, get him/her to call Princess and fix it,mine actually handles it all for me now, though I used to do it myself.

Let them work for their commission.

And take all the corrected paperwork showing your proper OBC you can with you on board as well as getting it fixed first.

I had an initial problem when I faxed my request for one of our b2b cruises--receiving the shareholder credit for one but not the other. I refaxed the request for the one that did not receive the credit, and it appeared a few days later.

Thank you all you all....you know so much more than me. I did submit the next cruise info today. I will check tomorrow and then submit another as advised. I hope there is no problem...kinda takes away from the cruise experience. Again....Many thanks to all of you taking time to answer my questions.

• 1 month later...
Does stockholder OBC roll over if unused to the second leg of a B2B?? This seems like one of those gray areas where the answers depends on the ship, passenger services, etc but hoping not......

I don't believe so. You have to use the shareholder OBC on the cruise it was given.

Make sure you take a printout of your cruise details for each cruise with the amount of OBC showing.

Even this may not help you much, we recently had 2 cruises on Caribbean Princess, separate cruises, not quite back to back as we debarked the ship and stayed on shore in an hotel until we re-embarked the same ship at a later date- and our OBC did not get credited to our account on the second cruise.

I produced my printout from the Princess website showing the OBC and Gary on the Passenger Services desk on Caribbean Princess still maintained that we were not entitled to OBC on subsequent B2B cruises. Even with the evidence in front of him. Even though we were not on a B2B.

Only after I emailed Princess head office did it appear on my onboard account.

Princess certainly have some idiots working at the Passenger Services desk who seem to think their main job is to deny the passengers what they have been promised, and that the passenger is always wrong.

Sometimes I put it down to a slight language problem, that wasn't the case with Gary on Caribbean Princess, he is South African with English as his first language. No excuse for stupidity Gary!

Next month we are on the CB in a B2B. I fax'd a copy of the brokerage report and listed the two ID numbers along with an explanation of it being a B2B. Princess posted both shareholder OBCs on our reservations. We always bring paper to prove what we have paid, what we were promised and any backup paper. It sounds like if Gary is still on the ship, I can expect an argument with him over the second shareholder OBC for week 2. I have had problems before on a ship but providing the paper backup, passenger services has been able to fix it. However it took 24 hours to fix while they contacted the main office. Thanks for the heads up on the CB.

Does stockholder OBC roll over if unused to the second leg of a B2B?? This seems like one of those gray areas where the answers depends on the ship, passenger services, etc but hoping not......
I believe this depends on how one has booked the cruise.

For instance, I have an upcoming Caribbean Adventurer cruise listed as 14 days with a single confirmation number, and I have received my shareholder benefit for a 14 day cruise ($250). In reality this is a B2B, and others on the roll call, including satxdiver, have booked each segment separately, receiving separate confirmation numbers.

So the big question for me on the 14 day cruise - do I get a single account closing statement at the end of the 14 days or one each 7 days?

I am expecting just one closing statement and the $250 OBC covers the whole 14 days.

Should I expect an issue onboard?

In answer to the OP, I believe 1-800-872-6779, ext. 30317 is still the number to call. When they look up the one where you did get credit (so they know you are a current stockholder) they will apply it to the others. Then once it is applied, print from the payments and credits section of each cruise in your personalizer and take them all with you.

Edited by San Diego Ellie