Norwegian Getaway Docked for Rio 2016 Olympics

srb_3806

from what I've seen the smell from the polluted water will be so strong that you won't be able to go out on deck.

No way.

By the way the have been building an entirely new cruise ship terminal which we have seen being built in both 2013 and earlier this year.

We were in Rio in 2007 for Carnaval and back then around five ships could dock.

Now many more will be able to do likewise.

The reason for this is not only for the Olympics but for future Carnaval's where many more cruise ships can be docked and that is a whole lot cheaper than constructing many hotels for the peak time.

While Rio has issues, I would not worry about smell from the pier because that is not the case.

And Rio is one of the most beautiful sites to enjoy on the open deck for sail aways and for arrivals.

Keith

I read where the Norwegian Getaway will be docked in Rio for the 2016 Olympics to be used as floating hotel rooms. Any word as to when one will be able to book the ship?

I thought when they've done this in the past for special events, i.e. SuperBowl I think, it was not open for public booking but was technically a charter and only available to those that chartered it.

The NCL Wind was docked in Vancouver's habour for the 2010 Winter olympics. it was used to house security/police personnel from across the Canada. I could see it happening in Rio, but not for the general public.

Edited by lamchops

• 4 months later...