New MDR Menu

sns101098

You're also paying the same price to cruise today as you did 5 years ago (according to Cruise F I S H prices for an average balcony cabin are currently around $200 per person per night, the same as it was in 2010), even though food, labor, and fuel costs have gone up significantly. You can't have higher costs and the same/better food and the same prices, one of those has to give. The market has spoken and told them that people would rather pay cheaper prices for food with the OPTION to pay more for better food as opposed to higher prices with better food included.

:cool:you are right but part of the fun of a cruise is the relationship that I build up with my waiter and assistant. I enjoy talking to them each night and we grow together each night. If I went to a speciality restaurant (which I have), you do not have time to socialize:cool:

How do you sign up for the brunch and galley tour.... also how much pp? Brunch is our favorite meal!!

On Enchantment there was a tent card on our dining table and it was also printed in the Compass. It was $20 and included a Q&A session, a lengthy tour of the two deck galley and a brunch where you got a plate a walked back through the galley choosing the food that you wanted from bread, fruit, salad, sushi, desserts etc. When you got to the hot station, plates were prepared and set on a serving line where you chose whichever you wanted. You were invited to make more than one pass through if you did not get enough on the first trip. Mimosas were served during the Q&A and also during the meal.

My friend and DD went to the brunch and galley tour on Indy last month and a menu change was briefly discussed as well. They had some foods at the brunch that are not currently on the menu so maybe that is how they are trying some of them out. I recall them talking about an incredible beef wellington they ate.

I agree regarding the pumpkin seed rolls...those are incredible!

A Beef Wellington was also served at the Enchantment brunch. We all agreed that it was fabulous and would definitely order it if available on the dining menu.

I just returned from a wonderful 4 night cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas. While on board I attended a Brunch and Galley Tour hosted by the Executive Chef. During the Q & A session he mentioned that there all new MDR menus beginning after the first of the year. He said they were rolling out these menus fleet wide. Has anyone else heard this? Hoping it's true. Growing kind of bored with the current menus.

This is great news. I was just thinking about this last week while I was on the Indy. I am an infrequent cruiser and am already a bit bored by the menu. It would be nice if they brought back some old favorites, kept some popular items (fruit soups!) and changed out the least popular items. I tried to find out which night was Mojo night so I could book a specialty restaurant on my upcoming Navigator cruise.

On Enchantment there was a tent card on our dining table and it was also printed in the Compass. It was $20 and included a Q&A session, a lengthy tour of the two deck galley and a brunch where you got a plate a walked back through the galley choosing the food that you wanted from bread, fruit, salad, sushi, desserts etc. When you got to the hot station, plates were prepared and set on a serving line where you chose whichever you wanted. You were invited to make more than one pass through if you did not get enough on the first trip. Mimosas were served during the Q&A and also during the meal.

I really hope this is offered on Grandeur in March! That sounds like a pretty great tour!

As for new menus, as long as some of my favorites stay around, I'm good with whatever. We don't cruise as often as we used to (serious withdrawal! Thanks, kid! ;) ) so we're not bored with the menus yet!

It never truly disappeared, you just had to ask nicely.

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was told that you could order every day for the NEXT day by talking to the MaitreD!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is this CRAZY --he was unappraochable --- too busy handling the CLUSTER !@#$ at the MTD desk!!!

I didnt write a review or even comment on how BAD the menus and food in MDR was on the 13 night TA as I didnt care to be FLAMED by people NOTTTT on the cruise--:)

But as the comments are coming in now--we werent the only ones that said we were DONE with RCCL unless something changed--

FRANK--D+

This is great news. I was just thinking about this last week while I was on the Indy. I am an infrequent cruiser and am already a bit bored by the menu. It would be nice if they brought back some old favorites, kept some popular items (fruit soups!) and changed out the least popular items. I tried to find out which night was Mojo night so I could book a specialty restaurant on my upcoming Navigator cruise.

Mojo's almost always the first night (at least it's been on each cruise we've been on since the implementation of these menus, so Serenade, Majesty, and Oasis. I'd agree, although your Mojo is my Shiitake or Jasmine. Nothing on those menus appeals to me. Meanwhile I always look forward to the pork entree on the Mojo menu.

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was told that you could order every day for the NEXT day by talking to the MaitreD!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is this CRAZY --he was unappraochable --- too busy handling the CLUSTER !@#$ at the MTD desk!!!

I didnt write a review or even comment on how BAD the menus and food in MDR was on the 13 night TA as I didnt care to be FLAMED by people NOTTTT on the cruise--:)

But as the comments are coming in now--we werent the only ones that said we were DONE with RCCL unless something changed--

FRANK--D+

I asked waiter for shrimp cocktail every night on Enchantment our last cruise, and always got it. He made cocktail sauce fro ketchup and horseradish. Sorry you couldn't be accommodated.

Not really. ;)

1447778811450.jpg.a1acc8508c109e6192c82c5cc16d09fd.jpg

AGREE AGREE AGREE AGREE

MDR menu was very dissapointing most nights--Shrimp Cocktail avaliable maybe twice in the 13 days---

This is crazy talk!

I just smile and say "Could I have a shrimp cocktail, please?" and then I say "Thank you" when they bring it out.

Then I eat it and smile. REPEAT EVERY NIGHT

Edited by poncho1973

I asked waiter for shrimp cocktail every night on Enchantment our last cruise, and always got it. He made cocktail sauce fro ketchup and horseradish. Sorry you couldn't be accommodated.

Not really. ;)

Same here. I've never had a problem getting it every night.

This is crazy talk!

I just smile and say "Could I have a shrimp cocktail, please?" and then I say "Thank you" when they bring it out.

Then I eat it and smile. REPEAT EVERY NIGHT

This is exactly what I am referring to--when you have someone who WASNT on the cruise call you crazy!

Maybe if he cruised more instead of posting as his past time he wouldnt try to insult people he didnt know!

BTW

This was our 118th cruise so I do know how to ask for what I want!

This is exactly what I am referring to--when you have someone who WASNT on the cruise call you crazy!

Maybe if he cruised more instead of posting as his past time he wouldnt try to insult people he didnt know!

BTW

See, it's that attitude that is getting you in trouble. Maybe if you were a little more humble you could get things you want. Bob Voyage

BTW

Entitled much?

I agree with keeping the current breads - they are delicious! As long as we are dreaming......On Celebrity, they have a French Onion Soup that is served nightly. I would love to see that brought over to RCCL. When I am on Celebrity, I never miss it.

I believe the shrimp cocktail is available every night now.

Shrimp cocktail was available every night on Liberty and we were able to see the production of the 1500 daily servings as part of the Portofino's Brunch Galley Tour.

The nightly Crème Brulee was missing though and only available 2 nights along with the Escargot which appeared only 3 nights on our 12 night sailing.

I found that all the standard menus along with a couple of new menus were 'tweaked' a little on Liberty and found the food quality and presentation to be excellent. (in the evening, tutti salad and breakfast were downgraded)

• 1 month later...
Going on the oasis at the end of month has the mdr changed? Hopefully we will get to try some new things.

The menu is still the same as it has been for about the last 3 years.

I asked on board last month and they had no word on any new menus coming out. They said they would know at least 3-6 months in advance of a menu change with all the training of staff on the new menus that needs to take place.

At the risk of sounding a complete novice (ok haven't had my first cruise yet so I guess thats exactly what I am) do I understand from the posts here you can see menus in advance. If so can someone tell where to look it up please? We are doing a 4 day cruise on The Enchantment next month. Thank you for any help.

At the risk of sounding a complete novice (ok haven't had my first cruise yet so I guess thats exactly what I am) do I understand from the posts here you can see menus in advance. If so can someone tell where to look it up please? We are doing a 4 day cruise on The Enchantment next month. Thank you for any help.

The menus for the 4 day cruise should be

Mojo, Saffron, Piemento and Pomodoro

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/download-press-kit/7/