What kind of crowd can I expect on this cruise?

trajan

Hello,

We are looking at booking the Freedom for the April 1, 2017 cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, 8 days eastern Caribbean. Our group would be two adults, 1 6 year old and 1 1 year old. Booking early as we are keen on getting one of the two family panoramic cabins on deck 12.

My question is what kind of crowd can we expect on this ship? Departure is two weeks before Easter. Good timing for our 6 year olds spring break but would like to avoid a party heavy crowd. Should we reconsider?

Any other tips appreciated. Ty for any replies!

Edited by trajan

You'll be fine....all of March, April and May will be full sailings (every locality has a different "spring break" schedule)....with plenty of families. It's the 3-4 nighters that get more partiers....but even they won't affect you....join in or not...your choice!

Your 6 year old will have a blast in the kid's club...perfect age for that! Remember, diapers are not allowed in the pools...so a blow up tub for bathing and splashing would be a good thing to pack!

We are sailing same day, same port, on the Harmony. I'm expecting lots of families. Our kids are on Spring Break that week. However, I'm not sure whether this is a peak break week for the rest of the country. Many do the last week of March as well- and I think you will have a greater chance of college Spring Breakers that week. Easter isn't until April 17th in 2017, so it won't be over the Easter holiday. I don't mind families- lots of other kids for my kids to play with and hopefully less older people offended that kids dare to exist on a cruise :eek:. We'll wave hello!

Hello,

We are looking at booking the Freedom for the April 1, 2017 cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, 8 days eastern Caribbean. Our group would be two adults, 1 6 year old and 1 1 year old. Booking early as we are keen on getting one of the two family panoramic cabins on deck 12.

My question is what kind of crowd can we expect on this ship? Departure is two weeks before Easter. Good timing for our 6 year olds spring break but would like to avoid a party heavy crowd. Should we reconsider?

I'm puzzled - how does one know 18 months out that they'll have a one year old? Also, I thought there was a min of 5 in those cabins?

Edited by Biker19

I'm puzzled - how does one know 18 months out that they'll have a one year old? Also, I thought there was a min of 5 in those cabins?

I'm guessing because they're 3 months pregnant.....but you're right, it is kind of silly of them to assume that the baby will actually live through the process though, isn't it? :rolleyes:

You piqued my interest to look into your sailing since it's over the same time frame and same departure port. 8 days, ports I haven't been too yet... and less expensive. Not a bad deal! I've been on Freedom already however, and I am not sure that my family will want to do a Freedom class after experiencing the Allure. That's pretty much why I chose Harmony instead. Plus it's got water slides, etc. I will keep an eye out on the Freedom, however as it's pretty tempting.

Hello,

Trajan, (love your screen name ;)), you are past all or almost all college spring breaks, so I don't think that you need to worry about the heavy-duty party crowd.

:)

Probably lots of kids but few spring break partiers, they tend to be on the shorter 3-4 day cruises.

This is what I was thinking, but noting this is a new itinerary for Freedom, but this is/was the route that Independence was doing? The OP can search for reviews from around that time.