How does a price reduction work in this circumstance?

jennymaxgirl

I am looking at booking a cruise in March 2017. Just got off the Royal and loved it so want to go again!

We loved our stateroom at the front of the ship on Lido. There is 1 stateroom left in that position for our sailing in March 2017. However, the price is very high now and I am almost certain it will drop before March 2017.

So the question is - if I book the stateroom, Cat DZ, and that category sells out......can i still be given the price reduction of the sales that come up? And how would I know what the price for that given category is if it is sold out? I would be able to see the other categories that are still available - but are sold out categories still given the promo reductions?

Trying to figure out if it's best to book at the high price now to guarantee the room we like, or wait until the prices go down. Thanks!!

I am looking at booking a cruise in March 2017. Just got off the Royal and loved it so want to go again!

We loved our stateroom at the front of the ship on Lido. There is 1 stateroom left in that position for our sailing in March 2017. However, the price is very high now and I am almost certain it will drop before March 2017.

So the question is - if I book the stateroom, Cat DZ, and that category sells out......can i still be given the price reduction of the sales that come up? And how would I know what the price for that given category is if it is sold out? I would be able to see the other categories that are still available - but are sold out categories still given the promo reductions?

Trying to figure out if it's best to book at the high price now to guarantee the room we like, or wait until the prices go down. Thanks!!

If the category is sold out, how can there be a reduction in the price of it? Answer is no

If a sale comes up . You probably can get the extra OBC or whatever is the offer .

Promotions and sales are not usually "blanket" price reductions. In other words, not all cabin types or categories are on sale. If your category is fully booked, it won't be on sale. But there might be cabins in higher categories that are. If so, call your TA and see if you can get upgraded at the same cost.

I'd say go ahead and book the cabin you want. There's a great possibility that some others who have booked that category will cancel, making some of those cabins available for price drops. If not, you'll have to decide closer to the final payment date if you want to keep your booking at the current price, transfer to a category for which the price is better, or not go.

I don't know if this helps, but we recently booked a cruise that was supposed to include a complimentary upgrade in "view." My understanding was that it would be from one type of balcony to a more costly type or from one type of oceanview to a different type (not an upgrade from oceanview to balcony).

What we encountered was that only the deluxe balcony was still available to be booked. It was explained to me was that because the lower priced balcony was not available, our only option was to purchase the deluxe balcony at the going rate for that cabin--in other words, we would not get the advertised free upgrade. I specifically asked if we could pay the rate for one level lower and still book the deluxe balcony. The answer was no, that in order for the offer to work both the cabin to be booked and the cabin we would be upgraded into had to be available on their system.

My suggestion would be to grab the cabin you want now. It might not be there next week!

If you really want a specific cabin then you have to book it and have the booking marked no upgrade. When promos come along you have to examine them, read all the fine print and see if changing to the promo is to your benefit. The March 2017 Royal cruises are 10 dayers sold both as 10 day cruises and 20 day b2b logical cruises. Princess allocates certain cabins for bookings both ways, so the DZ cabins you mention may not be sold out, but just allocated. Take a look both ways.