Vacation Hero Cards

kollegekreed

We have always filled them out for those that went above and beyond to make are cruise wonderful, but in the past, there was a box to drop them off in Guest Services - on the BA earlier this month, I searched and searched with no luck finding the box. The line to ask was 20 people long - so I asked someone who had to wait in line to hand them in for me so not sure if they really got to where they need to be. :confused:

On our Jade cruise last month, the importance of filling out "vacation hero cards" was written in the Freestyle Dailies several times towards the end of the cruise - and the reason behind it was like several of you have already posted: Promotions and employees of the month in various departments are based on the vacation hero cards.

Edited by TrumpyNor

I've seen them posted along the "I-91" corridor and they seem to be motivational to continue doing a great job.)

This is what pushed us to start taking the cards seriously. We try to fill a few out each cruise now, and like others have mentioned we look for opportunities to fill them out for crew members who are doing a fantastic job but that wouldn't normally get recognized.

When I read the first post about crew pushing Hero cards on guests on Getaway' date=' wondered what might be going on. But then saw this is a very old thread so assume that guests are not experiencing that a lot or we would have read more about it since this thread started. Certainly would be frowned upon to have crew pushing guests to fill one out on their behalf.....Not sure if they still have the stewards leave one in the cabin around mid-week. They also have quite a supply at the front desk and will gladly xerox more!:)[/quote']

Vacation Hero cards showed up in our cabin (placed by steward or butler) towards the end of our cruise at the beginning of this month. That hasn't happened before that I recall.

Room Stewards are being asked to place ONE Vacation Hero card in the cabins they serve. They can not put their name or position on them.

A young friend of mine from Myanmar on The Jewel was awarded the Outstanding Restaurant Steward for the month of October at the monthly Captain's meeting this past Thursday.

We have neever been forced to fill a Hero card but as others have mentioned, we always do to recognize those who stand out from the crowd.

We always fill the comment cards in the dining facilities. Those comments are taken seriously and are reviewed on a daily basis by those in the chain of command for the dining facilities. it gives you an opportunity to comment on your entree and service provided by your table steward.

• 6 years later...

I enjoyed my trip to Bermuda on the Getaway Dec. 13 2022.  Very relaxing except for the weather, which is in no one's control.  So as for a Hero, I feel Hart the GMs secretary, was very kind and accommodating to us and for someone who was in this position for such a short time she did a great job.  We did not have any issues with the weight staff, however we were in a specialty restaurant each not an they were great.  Thank you to Metin the GM  all his assistance and all around great/lovely person.  Hope to vacation with them again.  Thank you NCL great company. 

2 hours ago, yelnif said:

I enjoyed my trip to Bermuda on the Getaway Dec. 13 2022. 

Tip: Try not replying to/bumping old threads because the information is old, inaccurate, and may confuse people. For instance, you are replying to a comment posted 7 years ago (November 2015)

59 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Tip: Try not replying to/bumping old threads because the information is old, inaccurate, and may confuse people. For instance, you are replying to a comment posted 7 years ago (November 2015)

Agree with that advice. There’s a good reason why Trip Advisor locks dormant threads after a certain period of time.