Fans

Whenever we go and have my daughter with us we bring her a battery powered fan that we purchased at walmart. It takes like 3 C batteries (or D, not exactly sure at the moment) and works perfectly for her, she can't sleep without a fan going!

I bring an electric fan, since I need it on all night long...(hot flashes...must have air flow!)...batteries are heavy, and will not last an entire week running all night. A small, 5 inch desk fan will do the trick for me, as I need to FEEL the air....and I bring an extension cord....not a power strip...just a long cord.

Edited by cb at sea

I've carried on a small, regular electric fan on 4 RC cruises in the last 1.5 years. It's not listed on the prohibited items list at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608 though an extension cord is listed.

battery operated. anything with a cord is subject to confiscation

I have heard of corded fans being confiscated. Probably due to the shoddiness of construction from many of the "dollar store" type fans. These cheap fans are made with almost no quality controls and could potentially become a fire hazard if left running too long where the motor could overheat and cause a fire. Not saying it has happened just trying to speculate why corded fans may be confiscated.

Edited by Tim,n,Sue

You can email special_needs@rccl.com to request a fan in your stateroom.

We've done this on our last 3 cruises. Once it was a stand fan, once a table top & once a box fan.

The first two times it was there when we arrived. The last time we had to ask the room steward... That's when we got the box fan which was marked housekeeping in permanent marker.

I always give me reservation # & stateroom number in the email.

Hope this helps.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by ace1zoe2

We asked for a fan on our repositioning cruise, and were told by our cabin steward there were none for passengers to use. Of course, this was the worst steward we ever had!!! I'll contact special needs prior to our next cruise.

Thanks so much for the helpful suggestions!

Barb

We pre booked ours through special needs. It wasn't noted apparently tho. So this week when we arrived on oasis, no fan. By night 2 they had located one and brought it for us to use this week. It is a tabletop and not a very good one. Last time it was a box fan and much better.

Edited by Sherri914

I previously requested a foam mattress pad for the rock-hard Navigator mattress from special needs email ahead of time and they assured me it would be done, but there was none to be found anywhere on the ship when I arrived and asked my cabin steward about it. I personally won't trust them with something as critical to my sleeping as a fan!

I'll be continuing to take my own small Vornado brand fan with me since it's not on the prohibited items list.