Disembarkation time and return flight check in question

tusconcam

Hi there. I'm booked on the Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise in late April 2016 and was wondering about the speed of disembarkation and checking in to a return flight.

My return flight is on Air Transat from Fort Lauderdale back home to Toronto Canada at 12.35 pm and the ship arrives in port at 6:15am.

I have obviously never been on a cruise before and was wondering if someone could chime in on how the disembarkation works aboard the Oasis of the Seas (or any RCI ship I imagine).

I did not pay for an internet package for the trip and consider $30 a bit much (what they apparently are charging for their minimum internet usage package) just to use it to Check in online and Print my Boarding Passes (or download to my phone) for the return flight home. We can check in online 24 hrs to 2 hours before our flight.

Sorry I sound cheap; but my girlfriend says that we can just check in at the counter (old school style) at the airport when we arrive as we have to check our baggage anyway. We wish to sit together and have paid the fee to do so just today well in advance of the flight.

Unfortunately we don't have any of the options available to I think Southwest airlines (and maybe other US carriers) that would allow us to get a luggage valet etc.

So does anyone know if we will be rushed or have a difficult time to get off the ship, to the airport and checked in at the counter in enough time for a flight to Toronto?

Thanks for any information and advice.

Hi there. I'm booked on the Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise in late April 2016 and was wondering about the speed of disembarkation and checking in to a return flight.

My return flight is on Air Transat from Fort Lauderdale back home to Toronto Canada at 12.35 pm and the ship arrives in port at 6:15am.

I have obviously never been on a cruise before and was wondering if someone could chime in on how the disembarkation works aboard the Oasis of the Seas (or any RCI ship I imagine).

I did not pay for an internet package for the trip and consider $30 a bit much (what they apparently are charging for their minimum internet usage package) just to use it to Check in online and Print my Boarding Passes (or download to my phone) for the return flight home. We can check in online 24 hrs to 2 hours before our flight.

Sorry I sound cheap; but my girlfriend says that we can just check in at the counter (old school style) at the airport when we arrive as we have to check our baggage anyway. We wish to sit together and have paid the fee to do so just today well in advance of the flight.

Unfortunately we don't have any of the options available to I think Southwest airlines (and maybe other US carriers) that would allow us to get a luggage valet etc.

So does anyone know if we will be rushed or have a difficult time to get off the ship, to the airport and checked in at the counter in enough time for a flight to Toronto?

Thanks for any information and advice.

You will have lots of time. Folks book 8:30am flights on Oasis. I believe RCI usually offers a 30 min. internet special on the last sea day. Edited by FLACRUISER99

Debarkation on Oasis is usually pretty quick. You should make that flight no problem, the airport and pier at every close together. If the ship is delayed for some reason, all bets are off, but in normal circumstances, should not be a problem.

We are planning on taking a 11 am flight back from Allure, but may take the noon flight just to have luggage valet[emoji16]

There is always a chance the ship will be delayed, but if all goes normally you should be fine with your flight. We just got off the Oasis and we were at the airport and at the gate before 9 AM for a 10:20 a.m. flight. We were in a suite so we got off a little quicker, but as time went on we recognized some people from the ship who were not in a suite who were on our flight and they were there about 9:15, 9:30.

Edited by Travalerie

Also, forgot to mention, someone posted about a kiosk on Oasis near guest services where you can print your boarding pass......don't know if it does exist, we have free wifi, but someone here should know if that kiosk exists and if there is a charge to use it.

Also, forgot to mention, someone posted about a kiosk on Oasis near guest services where you can print your boarding pass......don't know if it does exist, we have free wifi, but someone here should know if that kiosk exists and if there is a charge to use it.

It was there in 2009 when she was new, I don't know if it still is, though.

Another note if you have Global Entry they have a priority line at Port Everglades to get you out quickly this is what I read on CC

OP is Canadian, but if he and his GF have NEXUS, they should be able to use that line if it's open. When we disembarked Serenade a couple of weeks ago, it wasn't.

OP, yes, you can just check in at the airport and you will have plenty of time to do so unless the ship is delayed for some reason.

Check in online and Print my Boarding Passes (or download to my phone) for the return flight home. We can check in online 24 hrs to 2 hours before our flight.

The ship gets in quite early, normally around 5 am. You will have cell service (assuming your phone can be used in the U.S.) from the ship in port. So when you get up in the morning, you can check in and download your boarding pass via your cell phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Another note if you have Global Entry they have a priority line at Port Everglades to get you out quickly this is what I read on CC

Just back from the Jewel. In San Juan if you had your Global Entry card, you could join the line with the Suite guests, which was substantially shorter. You MUST have your actual Global Entry card in hand. I bet it saved us at least an hour or more.

You will be amazed how quick the ship wants you to leave so the next bunch of paying customers can board.

They have it down to an art and do their best....

However sometimes customs can get backed up.

However, we want to leave early as we can, get a cab and go and sit at the airport................go figure.................we wait and wait and wait.

You will have no problem.

Enjoy