Booking 20yr old Son alone

tlbutler33

When I booked two cabins for my family which is myself, my sister, my daughter (18), my son (15) and my niece (18), they made me put myself, my sister and my niece in one room and my daughter and son in the other room. These are connecting rooms so the internal door will be open. Now we will have to switch on the ship and get extra cabin keys. Why wouldn't they let my niece be booked with my kids? It would be so much easier if things were straight before we got on the ship.

Is one a cabin that accommodates only two and the other three? And were you trying to do it "the other way"?

When I booked two cabins for my family which is myself, my sister, my daughter (18), my son (15) and my niece (18), they made me put myself, my sister and my niece in one room and my daughter and son in the other room. These are connecting rooms so the internal door will be open. Now we will have to switch on the ship and get extra cabin keys. Why wouldn't they let my niece be booked with my kids? It would be so much easier if things were straight before we got on the ship.

Did you book through a TA or directly? Sometimes a TA doesn't want to take the time/effort to call which is what must be done to have kids in a separate cabin.

Did you book through a TA or directly? Sometimes a TA doesn't want to take the time/effort to call which is what must be done to have kids in a separate cabin.

I booked directly through RCL. She also started to tell me that I needed written permission to take my niece on the cruise from her parents until I reminded her that she is 18, a legal adult, so no written permission necessary. That would have been weird.

Always worth exploring other alternatives to cover all bases ...

a). Three people staying in 1 suite is an option. Sofa bed for third person.

b). Enquiring about upgrading to a larger suite with 2 bedrooms is worth doing and comparing prices.

Both my children are under 21 and we have been on many cruises (from Europe). We have never had problems booking a separate cabin for them but as we have sailed on a number of cruise lines, I cannot remember whether we had to deal with this scenario on a Royal Caribbean ship. Sometimes we have preferred to share a suite instead of having separate cabins.

I booked directly through RCL. She also started to tell me that I needed written permission to take my niece on the cruise from her parents until I reminded her that she is 18, a legal adult, so no written permission necessary. That would have been weird.

Call back and speak with someone else. Ask for a supervisor if necessary. Some of these customer service reps are really clueless.