Navigator: Balcony vs Junior Suite

CONCH65

Looking at a upcoming cruise on the Navigator of the Seas. Junior Suite would be about $300 more total than a Superior Balcony once prepaid gratuities on the suite are factored in. Room location would be similar for either cabin. I like to be as high and as forward as possible. Is a Junior Suite that much larger/nicer than a Superior Balcony? Are there any other perks that you receive with a Junior Suite such as quicker embarkation or perks while in port? We have had balconies on the FOS and LOS but never a Junior Suite. Thanks.

Looking at a upcoming cruise on the Navigator of the Seas. Junior Suite would be about $300 more total than a Superior Balcony once prepaid gratuities on the suite are factored in. Room location would be similar for either cabin. I like to be as high and as forward as possible. Is a Junior Suite that much larger/nicer than a Superior Balcony? Are there any other perks that you receive with a Junior Suite such as quicker embarkation or perks while in port? We have had balconies on the FOS and LOS but never a Junior Suite. Thanks.

A JS is about 50% larger than a balcony stateroom.

JS perks:

Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Majesty and Vision class), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

Something you wrote makes me think that you are making an incorrect assumption.

Gratuities are the same for a JS as for a balcony cabin.

Higher tips don't kick in until you hit GS or above.

Something you wrote makes me think that you are making an incorrect assumption.

Gratuities are the same for a JS as for a balcony cabin.

Higher tips don't kick in until you hit GS or above.

The current deal I'm looking at includes prepaid gratuities on the JS but not on the balcony.

The thing about the silver card in my opinion is that it really doesn't stand out from the blue one. I really wonder why they even have them at all. Now the gold one, that's another story.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I agree, the Silver vs Blue looks identical unless you give it a good look...

I know the "purpose" of different color cards is to help staff distinguish Suite guests from "Regular" guests. But I have never seen it actually matter.

What I mean is, short of getting into a restricted area, I have never been treated any better showing a gold card or worse showing a silver/blue card. Its pretty much all the same...Has anyone?

A JS is a wonderful way to cruise...the cabin is most like a hotel room, spacewise....since tips are included...you're getting a helluva deal!!!

Having the silver card doesn't nothing "perk-wise" for you...it's just an ego-satisfying thing.....

Edited by cb at sea

We just got off the Navigator yesterday. Had JS 9294. Well worth the money

Just hearing my wife rave about having a bathtub and walk in closet made it worthwhile:)

Did your balcony have a lounge chair and 2 other chairs on it?

We actually just made the switch yesterday from a Superior to a Junior Suite. Soooo excited!

Question, will we receive new luggage tags? When I log into myCruises it still has the Deck 7 tags, not the new Deck 9, but everything else has changed?

Thanks in advance!

We actually just made the switch yesterday from a Superior to a Junior Suite. Soooo excited!

Question, will we receive new luggage tags? When I log into myCruises it still has the Deck 7 tags, not the new Deck 9, but everything else has changed?

Thanks in advance!

You have to call whoever booked your cruise and ask that your cruise documents be re-issued. It won't happen automatically.

Thanks for the advice. We went ahead and booked the Junior Suite and as a result of adding our friend's cabin to our reservation we received another $100 onboard credit as did they. $450 total plus prepaid gratuities. We have done a back to back on Liberty of the Seas and a 7 night on the Freedom of the Seas in balcony cabins. It's amazing to see how similar this ship is to them even thought it's a different class.