Pride - American Table

JMAE

Just on the pride last week and I thought the dinner menu was fine. Honestly I didn't have anything that tasted bad at all other than the new England clam chowder on night. It was definitely better than the crappy lido restaurant, now that was terrible. My main criticism was the deserts. The options were very limited and some of them were just really bad.

We had not problem at all finding food to eat at dinner with the new menus! I don't understand all the hullabaloo about this change? There were tablecloths on elegant night. We didn't find it difficult to eat without them on the other nights! The main difference is that you get a bread basket on your table and you get a pitcher of water.

Big deal!!:rolleyes:

No, just off Pride but did not take photos of the menu. Try Googling the American Table Menu. I think I'd is standard on all ships that have it. I missed the old menu a lot !

Delta -

Hope you had a great cruise!! So sorry you missed the old menu!

I sure hope the BITTER AND BLANC was still there!!

Please say it was!! Otherwise, you've got me hooked, and now what shall I do!?!

:eek:

Delta -

Hope you had a great cruise!! So sorry you missed the old menu!

I sure hope the BITTER AND BLANC was still there!!

Please say it was!! Otherwise, you've got me hooked, and now what shall I do!?!

:eek:

We had a great cruise, ForSharonB, BUT, boo hoo. Bitter and Blanc was NOT there at all. I kept hoping, night after night. The final night, all hope was dashed. They had some kind of 'banana bread pudding with a white chocolate sauce which may have been their idea of a substitute. NO ! It was not even good.

I didn't miss the table clothes, but the menus were limited. With the old menu, I sometimes had trouble choosing between several options that sounded good. On these menus, I found that I was choosing which option would be the the least bad. I did enjoy the fried oysters as an appetizer one night, though.

The clam chowder was not good. The beef barley soup was even better than it used to be. I used to like the lasagna, this offering was huge, but very starchy tasting. Way too large a serving with way too much cheese and short on flavor.

I just don't enjoy the Lido at dinner time so we ate in the MDR each night, except for one night at David's.

We were just off the Pride on Sunday, this was only our second cruise with Carnival our last being 8 years ago so the only food I remember from that cruise was the melting chocolate cake which I had twice this cruise. We ate dinner 4 times in the MDR, once at the Lido, once at David's and also did The Chef's Table. We found there were enough selections in the MDR, didn't miss the table cloths, liked the water on the table and enjoyed what we ordered. David's and The Chef's Table were outstanding! One of the very best things about all of our meals was I did not have to prepare them, serve them or clean up after them.