Wow Bands on the Anthem

go fish 44

I have read that RCI is now charging for the Wow Bands, on the Anthem.

We have our bands from the Quantum do you think we can just take them to guest services and have the bands programed so we can use them on the Anthem.

I loved the bands and found it very convenient to have on my wrist instead of the key card.

I have read that RCI is now charging for the Wow Bands, on the Anthem.

We have our bands from the Quantum do you think we can just take them to guest services and have the bands programed so we can use them on the Anthem.

I loved the bands and found it very convenient to have on my wrist instead of the key card.

It has been posted that you can do that.

MerionMom has reported that yes you can use your old WOW bands on a future cruise. I hope she's right.

My only concern with them doing allowing passengers to do this is that the ones I've seen have your muster station on them. I think they could get into trouble if passengers have conflicting muster stations (the correct on on their sea pass and an incorrect on on their old WOW band.) Maybe they put a sticker over it or black it out.

It sounds stupid, I know, but people are so lawsuit happy these days especially on cruises, I am in that mindset after reading all of these stories.

I think the WOW bands are kind of silly. To use them to pay for things you have to take them off and give them to whoever is running the transaction. If they had the ability to scan them it would be better. Just seems like a hassle for most things that is not offset by the convenience of using it for other things such as room entry. We did not have them on our recent Anthem cruise and do not feel like we missed out on anything.

I think the WOW bands are kind of silly. To use them to pay for things you have to take them off and give them to whoever is running the transaction. If they had the ability to scan them it would be better. Just seems like a hassle for most things that is not offset by the convenience of using it for other things such as room entry. We did not have them on our recent Anthem cruise and do not feel like we missed out on anything.

We did not have to take them off at Music Hall or Bionic Bar.

AFAIK the bands use RFID chips, so no battery required.

The Disney ones are RFID too but definitely have a battery. There are two chips in the Disney ones, not sure which one the battery is for. I am also not sure if the RCL ones and Disney ones work the same way.

I'm glad they're optional. No way I'd want to wear something like that around all day and night.

Agree!!!:)

Would not wear it at all. Put it somewhere it was handy if it was necessary but not going on my wrist.

Interesting. How long ago did you sail? Here's my WOW band from the recent Anthem TA:

WOW%20band_zpsisttx0ti.jpg

I was on Quantum in December and February.

I am not home right now, so I can't hold my WOWbands and look at them, but I checked my photo bucket account, and I see no muster station in the pictures of my WOWbands. And I don't remember it being on them.

I was on Quantum in December and February.

I am not home right now, so I can't hold my WOWbands and look at them, but I checked my photo bucket account, and I see no muster station in the pictures of my WOWbands. And I don't remember it being on them.

Well they are definitely on them now. All of the WOW bands I saw last week on Anthem had them.