Trying something new!

rilco33647

Princess is our favorite, sail on Royal Princess last year for 10 days. Love everything about Princess. The prices are good also. Sailed the 10 day in a mini suite on Lido for the same price as our deluxe balcony on out upcoming FOS. They do have the best bufett, always available. Giving RCI another try after a not so great first try. You will love the look of Regal.

I sailed Diamond Princess in September. Below is what I liked better about Princess. However, overall I still prefer RCCL.

1. Pizza is excellent on Princess.

2. Princess gave everyone a nice little beach type bag - it was a nice gesture and I used mine during the entire cruise.

3. Princess does movie night at the pool way better. I like the covers they put on the lounge chairs and the blankets.

4. Drinks are cheaper on Princess.

I hope you enjoy your cruise - but personally I would never let negative reviews cause me to change my vacation plans. I was literally standing in the elevator one night after enjoying a WONDERFUL lobster dinner in the MDR on Indy and this man gets on and starts telling the officers on the elevator it is the "worse cruise he has ever been on" and starts ranting about the food. That alone was enough for me to know to take negative reviews with a HUGE grain of salt. In fact, I pretty much just discount them all together....

You guys will LOVE Serenade! My husband and I got married on a Southern Caribbean cruise in 09 and it was amazing! We ALWAYS sail Southern Caribbean because we love hitting a new island every day! We are going on our first back to back cruise in January on the Adventure of the Seas. Serenade will always hold a special place in my heart since it was my first cruise! Enjoy your time!!

Our family is doing the exact opposite of the OP. We are long time Princess cruisers, and in a couple weeks are going on our first RCCL cruise (9 day Southern Caribbean on Serenade of the Seas). We thoroughly enjoy Princess, but wanted to try something different. A few years ago we tried a Costa cruise and had a great time. A little variety keeps things fresh.

Paul

After a lot of flip-flopping, my husband and I have canceled our 3/27 Allure of the Seas cruise and booked the Regal Princess (2 mini-suites for us and DD and friend). The reviews for both Oasis and Allure have been troubling lately, especially comments about the food. We're never sailed Princess so we thought we'd try something new. We're confident with our decision and will report back with any pertinent comments upon our return.

Please let us know on the RCCL board her when you get back how it compares to rccl and how you like Princess

I've done a lot of Royal cruises, and looked into Princess for Alaska, coming up in 2017. Royal doesn't have a good Alaska ship for a R/T from Seattle, so we chose HAL. The reason being the Princess cabins are very small. Balcony cabins don't even have a sofa, just a chair, and when you upgrade to a Jr Suite, the price gets in the way.

If only cruise lines had status match like hotels do. If based on food, we'd likely have left RCI a while back. We venture out now and then to other lines when they have new ships and have been impressed with the quality of food and customer service.

Enjoy your cruise! I'm on the Regal Princess for a TA plus the Baltic April 2016! :)

I just returned from the Vision (26 days) after not sailing with Royal since 2003, a wonderful Med cruise plus crossing.

Last Fall, I was on the Emerald Princess 26 days. I sail for itinerary (retired) and I prefer Princess and Royal. They deliver a product I know fits my style and personality.

Cruising 33 years (1st in 1982), and 26 cruises later (Carnival, Celebrity, Costa, NCL, Princess, RCI) the last two suit me best. Neither line is so different that I would sail just Princess or Royal.

As an example, Princess this Spring, Serenade in the Fall, and Radiance for Australia in 2017!

Edited by susancruzs

As for pizza, Princess wins hands down.

Pizza seems to be such an important issue when talking about cruise lines. I'm thinking that instead of blowing several thousand dollars on a cruise I might just go visit my mother. I can have great pizza for the cost of a half gallon of gas.:)

Only went to another cruise line once and gave carnival better grades on several points than royal. If they did same southern Caribbean ports would go back to them in a heart beat. Even though I'm diamond with royal and nothing carnival enjoyed that cruise a lot.

If only cruise lines had status match like hotels do. If based on food, we'd likely have left RCI a while back. We venture out now and then to other lines when they have new ships and have been impressed with the quality of food and customer service.

Doesn't Celebrity match RCI status, once you are above Gold?

Pizza seems to be such an important issue when talking about cruise lines. I'm thinking that instead of blowing several thousand dollars on a cruise I might just go visit my mother. I can have great pizza for the cost of a half gallon of gas.:)

ROFL!

While I did love the pizza on Princess and commented on it here. Food in no way determines which cruise line I take. Even though some of my cruises are just to relaxing and are not about the destination - they are never ever about the food!

Only went to another cruise line once and gave carnival better grades on several points than royal. If they did same southern Caribbean ports would go back to them in a heart beat. Even though I'm diamond with royal and nothing carnival enjoyed that cruise a lot.

Carnival does Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao. What other Southern Caribbean ports are there?

Seriously funny. Chicago is only 5 hours from my house - I can drive up for lunch and have fab pizza be home in time for dinner. :D

Funny, we did the opposite! We cancelled a 10-day cruise on Royal Princess for a 12-day on Anthem. We've done three cruises on Princess, but our main dining room service was not so great on our last one in 2010, so it kind of turned me off, but I was willing to give them another shot, especially on a new class of ship. We've sailed on Quantum, so know what to expect. A big point in Anthem's favor was our ability to drive to Cape Liberty, rather than flying to FLL.

I'm still trying to get to Curaçao, so I'm sure I'll be back on Princess at some point.

And...Princess balcony cabins are tiny--no love seat or sofa, just a small upholstered desk chair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk