Help! About to miss the ship!

hlauburn

My parents and brother are on the Epic today. The ship is rendered outside of Cannes. They went to Monaco and are waiting on a train to get back to Cannes. My mom warned them about time but they didn't listen and it got away from them. So now they are cutting it incredibly close and my mom is freaking out.

Anything I can do??

Guest relations open at 9:00 (5 min).

The ship is going to the island of Majorca next 😬

Thanks!

I agree. Hopefully the family on board is keeping in close contact with the wayward passengers and if it appears they will be cutting it really close, they need to let the proper person on the ship know so that the captain can make a decision to wait, or not. You would hate to see them miss that ship by 5 or 10 minutes simply because the ship did not know they were close.

If they do miss the ship, I hope they have trip insurance and that it is a covered event. If it appears to be a definate, they might want to call that 24 hour emergency number on it as soon as they know. They may be able to assist with booking that flight to meet the ship at the next port.

The ship is going to the island of Majorca next 😬
Last week they had to cancel Mallorca…

There are a couple of trains from Monaco to Cannes every hour and it takes just over an hour. If they were at the train station when the OP wrote their message (3pm) then they are probably on the 15:08 that gets to Cannes at 16:12. Hopefully on time. All aboard is at 16:30, but last week there were still tenders going back and forth well after that time (maybe NCL excursions getting back late). I think they'll be fine, but if Mother is waiting for them on board, I think they will be grounded for the rest of the cruise… :p

Last week they had to cancel Mallorca…

There are a couple of trains from Monaco to Cannes every hour and it takes just over an hour. If they were at the train station when the OP wrote their message (3pm) then they are probably on the 15:08 that gets to Cannes at 16:12. Hopefully on time. All aboard is at 16:30, but last week there were still tenders going back and forth well after that time (maybe NCL excursions getting back late). I think they'll be fine, but if Mother is waiting for them on board, I think they will be grounded for the rest of the cruise… :p

Out of curiosity why was Palma cancelled last week?

Out of curiosity why was Palma cancelled last week?
High winds. I actually think a lot of people were just as happy to have a sea day after 4 straight port days.

If I missed the ship in Cannes, I'm not sure I would bother to try catching up in Palma the next day. Just head to Barcelona and wait for my clothes to arrive… I would be kicking myself though, for sure.

The fact that it was a tender port I'm sure made things easier for their return. I know I got in the tender line at Cannes when I was on the Epic about 45 min before all aboard and I didn't step foot on a tender until after that time with a sizable line still behind me.

Care to share what their advice/assistance was in case the rest of us might benefit from it someday?

I gave Guest Relations as much info as I had - where they were, the train times etc and they said they would forward it all to the ship. They said it was up to the captain's discretion so it may have made no difference at all. Luckily, they didn't get to find out BUT there was a large group of people waiting for the last tender and they were told if they were in line, they would be OK, but not sure how true that was. (They were NOT on a ship excursion, but apparently a train back to Cannes was canceled, so a lot of people were in the same situation)

Anyway, thanks for the quick help!