Early flight into Newark.

ecormier

In your experience, what is the earliest time that embarkation would take place in Port Liberty? We have a very early flight, arriving before 8:00 am. I know they will still be disembarking the previous cruise, so what can we do to kill time.

Cheers, Betty

In your experience, what is the earliest time that embarkation would take place in Port Liberty? We have a very early flight, arriving before 8:00 am. I know they will still be disembarking the previous cruise, so what can we do to kill time.

Cheers, Betty

We always arrive at Port Liberty at 9:30. Drop our luggage to the porters, park the car and get in line. Sit for a while until they start boarding people. (time varies). Usually at 11:30.

If your flight is SUPER early....have breakfast at the airport.

Edited by champagne123
fffffff

We always arrive at Port Liberty at 9:30. Drop our luggage to the porters, park the car and get in line. Sit for a while until they start boarding people. (time varies). Usually at 11:30.

If your flight is SUPER early....have breakfast at the airport.

Yes, that is about all you can do. You're not going to consider taking a tour of downtown Newark!:eek:

Cheers, Betty

11ish would be the earliest embarkation. Really not a lot to do. Get off the plane leisurely. Collect your luggage and go have some sort of breakfast - http://www.panynj.gov/airports/ewr-shops-restaurants-services.html

Have your car service pick you up between 9-9:30. Check as much stuff as possible at Cape Liberty and walk over to the 911 Memorial, look around, and take pictures of the ship and the harbor. Then check in to the cruise.

Take a cab and visit the Statue of Liberty? You can book an timed ticket and leave on the ferry from Liberty Park in NJ.

http://www.statuecruises.com/choose_tickets.aspx

No WAY in heck would I attempt this. Waaaaaaay too many things could go wrong and bingo...you miss the ship. If they were flying in the day before, it would be fine.

Edited by champagne123
ffffff

What is the earliest flight can we take from Bayonne to Toronto fro Newark Ontario Cruiser

Realistically no one is going to recommend a flight before noon. Cape Liberty disembarkations can be unpredictable.

Edited by 138east

I took a 10:30 flight from Boston terminal to airport for a 10:30 am flight and got to the airport checkin before it was open!

Last year, we got off the ship in NJ using self disembarkation, grabbed a cab and again got to the airport with time to spare.