LAST STRAW! My Last Cruise With Norwegian!

Why do I get the feeling that if Mr. Sheehan, instead of Mr. Del Rio, would have made the captive audience comment and made all these changes, those that have issues, would be saying what a great businessman he is and how he cares so much for their customers.

He didn't do that so who really knows?

I respect any person's decision on how to spend their money regarding cruises.

It is interesting to read on cc what cruisers view as significant in their decision to cruise with a cruise line or specific ship.

In my opinion, the changes NCL had made with new management have been relatively minor. However, I am more a ports person than a ship person. I book cruises to see the ports in the itinerary and as long as the ship generally has what I want, I am good to go. Of course, the quality of service, food, entertainment are factors, but a few dollars here and there are minor.

I think some people make decision with more emotion than rationality.

But when one says they were willing to pay more, because of Mr. Sheehan's goodwill....well that is pretty telling to me. Folks let "family" members slide, where they don't "outsiders".

If Sheehan had done a 180 and started spouting the stuff Del Rio's been spouting then he would have lost that goodwill also.

I have a question that maybe someone can answer. It's been many years since I cruised carnival and they didn't have Guys Burgers back then. This is a free burger restaurant correct? Is it a 2 hour wait there to get a burger? How are they set up?

Geri

It's just a burger stand on the side of the pool --- you don't sit a table and get served --- only open certain hours, complimentary burgers and fries. They have a condiment area separate from this which helps keep it moving.

I've never waited 2 hours for a guy's burger, but the lines can get to be about 30 minutes long sometimes. Most people see the line wrapping around and will find something else at the deli or the buffet etc for lunch.

I think the problem with Margaritaville is because the food was complimentary, and so many people HD drink packages, they were choosing to linger, hang out and eat and drink...so the wait gets longer and longer, and the service suffers in the meantime.

Just a theory though :) Will be on the Escape Feb 6th, can't wait to check the place out!

It's just a burger stand on the side of the pool --- you don't sit a table and get served --- only open certain hours, complimentary burgers and fries. They have a condiment area separate from this which helps keep it moving.

I've never waited 2 hours for a guy's burger, but the lines can get to be about 30 minutes long sometimes. Most people see the line wrapping around and will find something else at the deli or the buffet etc for lunch.

I think the problem with Margaritaville is because the food was complimentary, and so many people HD drink packages, they were choosing to linger, hang out and eat and drink...so the wait gets longer and longer, and the service suffers in the meantime.

Just a theory though :) Will be on the Escape Feb 6th, can't wait to check the place out!

I think Margaritaville could handle those folks who sat, drank and lingered, as there were always empty tables when there were long waits.

I think Margaritaville could handle those folks who sat, drank and lingered, as there were always empty tables when there were long waits.

So you think the reason they changed it to ala carte pricing is they just saw an opportunity to generate more revenue? Or what's your take on it?

Not really new just a name/menu change of an alfresco option on ships.

Escape has no(included) outside place to get food to have an outside eat experience except the Buffet.

Allthough we don't use them all the time we like the ships with this type of option

eg. Jewel class with the great outdoors, pool grill and and the mini grill on the deck above the pool which was great for an outdoor snack on returning to ths ship and still be in open air.

To be more correct, you want another complimentary outdoor venue. There are multiple options on the waterfront.

Cruising tomorrow and they have the nerve to tell me that margharitaville is no longer free for food. I got this email less than 12 hours before sailing. That's it! Totally disgusted with NCL!

I understand your frustration, but don't expect too much sympathy on this board, since most of the people that read your post are NCL fans.

We will enjoy our cruise but that's it. There are other passenger friendly cruise lines and other vacation options available other than NCL.

All of the cruise lines are cutting back. Prices are remaining stable, however, what you get for that price is less and less. This is the problem with people making their decision based on only one thing - PRICE.

Remember when you could go to a store and ask someone where such and such is? One of the land based restaurants I like has made a cut back that I noticed. What used to be given out free is now a side dish, meaning if you want it, you'll have to give up one of your other side dishes.

To be more correct, you want another complimentary outdoor venue. There are multiple options on the waterfront.

more a case of lets have some of the ones we used to have(and most ships have) back.

None of the away ships have anything up top, the Grill location was borderline for a grab and go somehwere but that has now been taken away on the Escape.

Where on the waterfront can I get something at 3pm-5pm after returning to the ship on a port day?

While it may be disappointing they still have at least 4 other free restaurants. What are you going to do? Sail on a ship with only 2 or 3 free restaurants?

4? Where do you get that, I might be missing something:

Lunch - one MDR is open, the Buffet, and O'Sheehan's.

Also, lots of ships close the MDR for lunch when in port so if Escape does that it only leaves 2 places to go for free lunch; O'Sheehan's and the Buffet.

Am I missing a venue? I count 2 or maybe 3 free venues - depending on if the ship is in port or at sea.

Less then the other ships who have less passengers.

Harriet

I have a question that maybe someone can answer. It's been many years since I cruised carnival and they didn't have Guys Burgers back then. This is a free burger restaurant correct? Is it a 2 hour wait there to get a burger? How are they set up?

Geri

You would probably get a better answer on the Carnival CC site! Nothing malicious here just a pretty good hunch!

You would probably get a better answer on the Carnival CC site! Nothing malicious here just a pretty good hunch!

Not to speak for football parent, but I think the point of asking the question here was to illustrate that it is possible to have a marque free eat venue without a two hour wait.

Just a hunch, but I think it was a "leading question"

Geri

Guy's is still included in your cruise fare - without the 2 hour wait ;)

So you think the reason they changed it to ala carte pricing is they just saw an opportunity to generate more revenue? Or what's your take on it?

No, there were issues with wait times for food, so drinking there would not have been an issue. They jumped to the most unpalatable option right off the bat, they could have started using a reservation system, they could have made the hours longer, so people who wanted to try could have gone for dinner too, and lastly they could have set a small cover charge like $5 if none of the above worked.