What about Israel?

worldtravellerrus

It seems Celebrity is not going to be in Istanbul in 2016 any longer than they have to

BUT they cancelled Israel for some cruises this fall but have not heard anything about if they will be going back to Israel next year.

Anyone heard anything about Israel?

We are on a Constellation cruise that is going to Istanbul and Israel next year and if they are not going to be going to Israel too, then we will have to consider if we want the cruise at all.

It seems Celebrity is not going to be in Istanbul in 2016 any longer than they have to

BUT they cancelled Israel for some cruises this fall but have not heard anything about if they will be going back to Israel next year.

We are on a Constellation cruise that is going to Istanbul and Israel next year and if they are not going to be going to Israel too, then we will have to consider if we want the cruise at all.

The port in Istanbul is under construction for the next 2 years, which is why the cruises there are extremely limited.

I have seen some itineraries for 2017 and the Silhouette is currently scheduled to stop in Israel for 3 days on several cruises.

Edited by C-Dragons

The bare fact is that Israel ports have been cancelled a number of times by various cruise lines (not just Celebrity) over the past 10 years that I have been on these boards -- whenever a dust-up occurs, travel is curtailed for a while, then it starts again.

If Israel is your reason for booking the trip, you are much better off taking a land trip there and not "rolling the dice" to see if you actually get there on a cruise.

The bare fact is that Israel ports have been cancelled a number of times by various cruise lines (not just Celebrity) over the past 10 years that I have been on these boards -- whenever a dust-up occurs, travel is curtailed for a while, then it starts again.

If Israel is your reason for booking the trip, you are much better off taking a land trip there and not "rolling the dice" to see if you actually get there on a cruise.

Bang on.

The port in Istanbul is under construction for the next 2 years, which is why the cruises there are extremely limited.

I have seen some itineraries for 2017 and the Silhouette is currently scheduled to stop in Israel for 3 days on several cruises.

Where did you see the 2017 itineraries for Israel? Did you mean 2016?

Where did you see the 2017 itineraries for Israel? Did you mean 2016?

No, I was looking at 2017 cruises. They are not out for all the ships yet.

There is a website for tracking cruise ships which shows their itineraries: cruisecal.com. Use the "itinerary lookup" feature.

Constellation is doing 2 cruises to Israel in October 2017. Both will have overnights in Malta as well as Ashdod.

Just off the Constellation "Israel" cruise...I wouldn't get my hopes up. Celebrity bypassed all Israel ports and substituted Greece due to the "unrest"...but other ships (Holland America and Regent) went at the same time...very disappointing!!:(