Does anyone recommend 14 night exotic caribbean cruise on Eclipse????

portcbob

Bob and Christine,

You will love the 14 night itinerary along with the ship and the crew. As you can see from our cruise history, this is the first itinerary and ship that we have repeated we loved it so much. We would have made it three years in a row this past Jan, but we decided to take the five night Eclipse cruise only because of our family's schedule.

We had a fantastic trip on the Eclipse - We enjoyed the Exotic Caribbean Cruise as our Christmas present to each other - DEC 2013. The people, food, beverage, weather & ports were all fantastic!!

Enjoy :)

We took the Constellation in 2012 and the Eclipse in 2013.

They have updated the itinerary a bit. I think the 19-March departure stops in Aruba an extra night.

Another option is the back to back on the Equinox. That provides a great taste of the Western, Southern and Easter Caribbean. Also, you have access to the Panama Canal and beautiful Cartagena, Columbia.

We've been home exactly one week tomorrow from this cruise. It was our second on Celebrity and we liked it so much we booked our 4th on board! Traveled with another couple and had 2 aft cabins on deck 7. First interaction with staff was after boarding when our cabin steward introduced herself and we asked if barrier between our two balconies could be removed. While we were having dinner it was done. We had set dining in the MDR and for the most part the food was very good to excellent...only night that failed miserably was the "Top Chef's" menu. Our waiter advised us to order from the set menu, but we didn't listen and we should have. First time I have EVER sent dessert back!! It was supposed to be pecan pie but it was more like mud held together with hair gel in a crust. The shore excursions were well run but some were disappointing. Like the sugar train....would have been good for 45 minutes... but St. Lucia, Barbados, Aruba and Curacao were outstanding and Harrison's Cave on Barbados is not to be missed!!! One caveat: if you have difficulty walking distances do NOT select an aft cabin..there's only one main elevator bank and that's mid-ship with a smaller bank forward. The walk from aft cabins to elevator was terribly long...to the extent that I borrowed a wheelchair for my cabin. All in all this was a fantastic cruise, although I don't know if I'd come from Australia to do it...NY is much closer. :D

They have updated the itinerary a bit. I think the 19-March departure stops in Aruba an extra night.

Photo_Traveler....I just got home from that sailing and we over-nighted in Barbados not Aruba. But I've seen some itineraries that o'nite in Aruba or Curacao....maybe it depends on how many ships are due in a particular port. Barbados was a great o'niter though and Harrison's Cave is definitely a must see. Most beautiful cave I've ever seen and I've been to too many to count.

We are booked on this cruise next January with a b2b starting Jan 2. Many times to same islands but still finding something on many. Love Barbados -- so enjoyed overnight there. Looks like this sailing is already quite full.

We are booked on this cruise next January with a b2b starting Jan 2. Many times to same islands but still finding something on many. Love Barbados -- so enjoyed overnight there. Looks like this sailing is already quite full.

If you haven't been to Harrison's Cave, and you like caverns, it's not to be missed. One of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

Photo_Traveler....I just got home from that sailing and we over-nighted in Barbados not Aruba. But I've seen some itineraries that o'nite in Aruba or Curacao....maybe it depends on how many ships are due in a particular port. Barbados was a great o'niter though and Harrison's Cave is definitely a must see. Most beautiful cave I've ever seen and I've been to too many to count.

I agree... The overnights vary from cruise to cruise. It's important to verify the itineraries. It's a win-win regardless of whether the ship overnights in Aruba, Curacao, Barbados or St Maarten.

Hi Celebrity Cruisers.

We are a middle aged couple from the Gold Coast, AUSTRALIA and looking at perhaps booking the 14 night exotic Caribbean cruise aboard the Celebrity Eclipse. If we do this trip it would be the first time on a Celebrity ship as we normally cruise with Norwegian.

Would the eclipse be at least as good or better than the Norwegian ships.

Is this itinerary a nice one for the Caribbean and would March be a good time, weather wise for this cruise??????

Sorry about these questions, however we don't know much about it at all.

Thankyou so much for anyone that can assist.

Cheers Bob & Christine.

Well, we did it twice(2014 & 2015)Would have done it this past Jan. but screw ups caused us to do the Regal Princess instead. Nice ship, but we prefer Celebrity. I have since booked the Jan.22 trip in 2017. It's winter for us & beach time is great. Last year we missed the largest snow storm officially measured in Nashua, NH(33")The beach is much better than shoveling snow!

If you haven't been to Harrison's Cave, and you like caverns, it's not to be missed. One of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

Yes, it was pretty cool. Carlsbad..well that's a whole different world.