What is the difference between N1 and N2 Suite?

Gina

I see that N1 and N2 Club Continent Suites are the same square footage. How are they different? Thanks for any replies.

Gina

Just like real estate: location, location, location. N1 suites are midships, N2 are aft.

Some CC suites will have showers after the upcoming drydock, some wiill still have tubs. Some will have a loveseat, others a large wing chair. Deck plans show where there are tubs.

Thank you so much for answering my question. I'm planning to book the 2017 holiday cruise out of Miami and I want to get as much information as possible.

Gina

i prefer a tub.. but at this point i know port side N1 have tubs and starboard does not. But no one seems to know yet which has a small sofa vs a chair.. I switch cabins at one point and now know i have a shower and not a tub. . but still

l do not know about chair vs sofa.. Mia does not seen to be able to answer that question.

So is it pretty much a gamble until after the retrofit as to whether a suite will have a tub? I have not seen a detailed diagram of the bathroom despite my internet investigation skills. Are the shower and tub combined or separate?

So is it pretty much a gamble until after the retrofit as to whether a suite will have a tub? I have not seen a detailed diagram of the bathroom despite my internet investigation skills. Are the shower and tub combined or separate?

After the refit N1 suites on the port side will have tubs and N2 suites on the starboard side will have tubs. Others will have large, tiled, walk-in showers. None of the Club Continent suites will have separate tub and shower.

The showers are large (basically the size of the old tub--about 5 feet long and 30 inches wide). If you get a suite with a tub you have to shower by climbing over the 29" high side of the tub while hoping the ship is fairly stable. You are just showering while standing in the tub.

For someone mobility-challenged it's not easy--and there are no Club Continent suites designated for and kept available for such people. Suites with showers will be booked first so if you are booking late you will be stuck with an obsolete tub and the need to climb into and out of it in order to wash.

Edited by marinaro44

These suites will have a tub. It will be a tub/shower combination.

Club Continent Category N1: 8036 through 8054.

Club Continent Category N2: 8059 through 8073.

i prefer a tub.. but at this point i know port side N1 have tubs and starboard does not. But no one seems to know yet which has a small sofa vs a chair.. I switch cabins at one point and now know i have a shower and not a tub. . but still

l do not know about chair vs sofa.. Mia does not seen to be able to answer that question.

Hi Elbon,

Club Continent Suites with Tub/shower combination will have a Sofa.

Club Continent Suties with Shower only will have a Chair.

An easy way to remember this is: Tub/Sofa OR Shower/Chair.

All Staterooms will have either a loveseat or a sofa bed. There are NO chairs designated for the staterooms.

Club Continent Category N1: 8036 through 8054.

Club Continent Category N2: 8059 through 8073.

Bonnie,

Believe your above statement needs some clarification as what you state does not appear to be completely true based on the new Journey diagram as well as your previous posting and others who have gotten the information.

Think what is correct is:

Club Continent Category N1: 8036 through 8054. Even number suites on Port side.

Club Continent Category N2: 8059 through 8073 Odd number suites on Starboard side.

Hope this helps as by your description all Suites have Tubs.

After the refit N1 suites on the port side will have tubs and N2 suites on the starboard side will have tubs. Others will have large, tiled, walk-in showers. None of the Club Continent suites will have separate tub and shower.

The showers are large (basically the size of the old tub--about 5 feet long and 30 inches wide). If you get a suite with a tub you have to shower by climbing over the 29" high side of the tub while hoping the ship is fairly stable. You are just showering while standing in the tub.

For someone mobility-challenged it's not easy--and there are no Club Continent suites designated for and kept available for such people. Suites with showers will be booked first so if you are booking late you will be stuck with an obsolete tub and the need to climb into and out of it in order to wash.

Thank you so much for this detailed information. The new shower sounds perfect, it is similar to what I have at home!

Thank you so much for this detailed information. The new shower sounds perfect, it is similar to what I have at home!

Gina, this link should take you to a video about the changes to be made in drydock. The first stateroom shown is a Club Continent suite, first the main room, then the bath. These are renderings and there will, I'm sure, be changes based on feedback from those using the two model staterooms since they were redone on Quest in July.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rv_Kv5ExJVc?rel=0

Hi Elbon,

All Staterooms will have either a loveseat or a sofa bed. There are NO chairs designated for the staterooms.

just not great. months ago I booked starbaord side for the 29th of feb.. wanted not to look at cargo all night in one port.. now i not only have no tub but no small sofa to eat breakfast or snack on.. i use either balcony or sofa depending g on my mood. but if raining love the sofa-as i can put my feet up on. .wonder why AZ has not informed agents better.

Gina, this link should take you to a video about the changes to be made in drydock. The first stateroom shown is a Club Continent suite, first the main room, then the bath. These are renderings and there will, I'm sure, be changes based on feedback from those using the two model staterooms since they were redone on Quest in July.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rv_Kv5ExJVc?rel=0

Thank you for the video. Everything looks so nice.

Hi Elbon,

This confuses me (pretty easy to do :eek:). By "staterooms", I am guessing you mean all non-suite balcony, oceanview and interior cabins will not have the dreaded single large chair. Why would anyone put less seating in larger cabins? For longer cruises (especially with sea days), that would have one person sitting in a large chair and one in a straight chair or on the bed.

For us, the perfect combination of CC suite would be tub/sofa. We are "of an age" where climbing into and out of the tub is less than desirable and we both like to have a comfortable place to sit in the cabin. Sounds like any CC suite would be a compromise of one preference or the other. Not a very attractive prospect for our two cruises in 2016 and 2017 (44 days and 31 days).

You are correct RallyDave (I hope) The information given by Bonnie was not clear at all, but I surmised as you do that it was the odds and evens system that we should look at.

I have never seen such a shambles as this long drawn out fight by "customers" to get some information about the product that they have booked.

Hi Elbon,

I know you're just the messenger (and I appreciate all that you do to keep us informed), but who thought of that plan? Why don't Azamara have a consistent layout in each cabin category instead of making people remember which cabins have sofas or tubs and which do not? As a passenger, I just want to pick a cabin that's in the location I prefer without worrying about whether we both have a comfortable place to sit (I don't care about tub vs. shower). As a TA I don't want to have to ask a client whether they prefer to climb over the tub sill and have sofa or have an easier time with the shower but only have one person able to relax.

just not great. months ago I booked starbaord side for the 29th of feb.. wanted not to look at cargo all night in one port.. now i not only have no tub but no small sofa to eat breakfast or snack on.. i use either balcony or sofa depending g on my mood. but if raining love the sofa-as i can put my feet up on. .wonder why AZ has not informed agents better.

Remember there is absolutely no guarantee about your view in port. Sometimes because of tidal conditions they have to dock starboard alongside, sometimes port. This is the one factor you effectively have to ignore when choosing your room.

Thank you all for your replies to my post. I've gained some valuable information. I'm traveling solo, so I really don't care if I have a tub or just a chair. I was only wondering why the N2 was a little more expensive. I suppose aft is the better real estate, is this because lifeboats are mid-ship?

I also need to correct my cruise date, it's Christmas 2018 out of Miami. 15 night West Indies, I love this itinerary. I'm sure by then we will all know how the CC suites are set up!

I've never cruised Azamara (obviously) but I am a veteran of Royal Caribbean. It seems the cruise industry thinks everyone wants a mega ship. I prefer a smaller ship, so I figured why not try Azamara.

Thank you all for your replies to my post. I've gained some valuable information. I'm traveling solo, so I really don't care if I have a tub or just a chair. I was only wondering why the N2 was a little more expensive. I suppose aft is the better real estate, is this because lifeboats are mid-ship?

I also need to correct my cruise date, it's Christmas 2018 out of Miami. 15 night West Indies, I love this itinerary. I'm sure by then we will all know how the CC suites are set up!

I've never cruised Azamara (obviously) but I am a veteran of Royal Caribbean. It seems the cruise industry thinks everyone wants a mega ship. I prefer a smaller ship, so I figured why not try Azamara.

There's a belief that ships ride smoother midships than forward or aft. My experience on Quest and Journey has been that aft staterooms are not noticeably different from midships staterooms in this regard. (Forward staterooms are an entirely different story.)

Some people just have to be midships, so cruise lines can and therefore do charge more for those staterooms.

I was only wondering why the N2 was a little more expensive. .

Just to clarify, generally N2's would be cheaper not more expensive than N1's.

As explained, many cruisers prefer a more midship location.

Just to clarify, generally N2's would be cheaper not more expensive than N1's.

As explained, many cruisers prefer a more midship location.

Thank you for pointing this out. I had the two confused.

I did have them confused. I'm looking at 8056 or 8059.

Best of both worlds. Those are the N2s that are closest to midship and you save a little over the cabins next door to you.

Another thing to consider is what is on the deck above you. There are a few spots where noise from above is a potential issue. Most of the N1s are below the pool grill or bandstand and most of the N2s are under the Windows Cafe.

I can tell you from experience that 8054 is definitely quiet and 8057 on the starboard side should be pretty good as there is not much immediately above them in the way of furniture that needs to be moved for cleaning. The same is true for the two you are considering as they are under the entrance to the Cafe and shouldn't have much noise. Azamara does a good job of keeping noise to a minimum, but cleaning inevitably requires furniture to be moved.