I will never balk at cruise prices again!

gen259

Ive only been on 3 cruises but I will never complain about the pricing again! Out of curiosity I looked at prices at a Beaches resort for 6 nights for my family (hubby & I, 4, 3 & 2yo). The total for a LESS THAN 1 WEEK STAY was $17,000!!! With their black friday/cyber monday it came to $11 GRAND! WTH?!:eek:

Is this for real???

Yep-but also more 'all inclusive'. Just for fun I tried to check an Azamara 8 night cruise harder website to navigate than RCL-but did find that a Suite

would be $5400CAD/PP for so at least 10800+ next 3 guest so would probably be looking at 2 staterooms? or go big to the owner suite for an additional 2,500pp. So would probably be in that same range?

Anyway the bottom line is $17k seems like an ok price but a little bit out of my range for a vacation with young ones. I had booked a NYE sailing on FOS for a family of 5 with 2 adj. balconies for under 10k+ flights and other goodies was still under 15k and that is Canadian!!

Ive only been on 3 cruises but I will never complain about the pricing again! Out of curiosity I looked at prices at a Beaches resort for 6 nights for my family (hubby & I, 4, 3 & 2yo). The total for a LESS THAN 1 WEEK STAY was $17,000!!! With their black friday/cyber monday it came to $11 GRAND! WTH?!:eek:

Is this for real???

Airfare included in the $17 or $11?

I've been to both beaches Negril and Turks and Caicos

If I take my cruise fare, add my airfare, tips, drinks and excursions-I was at just about the same price as Beaches. Beaches maybe a tad bit more but not enough to steer me away.

Airfare included in the $17 or $11?

No airfare & Turks & Caicos.

Also, I'm from Jamaica so have no interest in vacationing there any time soon. I was just shocked by the T&C pricing. whoa nelly.

I've been to both beaches Negril and Turks and Caicos

If I take my cruise fare, add my airfare, tips, drinks and excursions-I was at just about the same price as Beaches. Beaches maybe a tad bit more but not enough to steer me away.

thats great! we probably just cruise differently. We are just off of Indy (5 day, so 1 day less). I just did a full total of everything spent including airfare, 2 ultimate drink packages and just 1 excursion. We are all in at about $5400. We are not living the suite life though! Family Ocean view we had.

17K is NOT the norm for a week at the average Caribbean all-inclusive........... Comparing whatever that was to a cruise, can we say apples and oranges?

It just took me all of 5 minutes to find a nice one in Aruba, 6 nights all inclusive for a family of 4: 5,400.00 INCLUDING air..........

Edited by bouhunter

We went to Beaches T&C a few years ago. I would say that overall it was a nicer experience than your average cruise in terms of food, service and the included beverages and it's definitely a higher end all inclusive. But I agree that's ALOT of money!!!! But a different vacation from a cruise.

17K is NOT the norm for a week at the average Caribbean all-inclusive........... Comparing whatever that was to a cruise, can we say apples and oranges?

It just took me all of 5 minutes to find a nice one in Aruba, 6 nights all inclusive for a family of 4: 5,400.00 INCLUDING air..........

You are correct. So not the norm.

You have to know the Beaches site and also-a TA can help loads with this resort. They claim to have rooms sold out that are more then often not.

Sure-the Beaches high end butler, multi room suites can be very pricey and can be at the 17 figure but a standard room with all that's included can be a very affordable vacation.

I'd shop around a bit...............;)

Sandals and Beaches are overrated in my opinion. There are some great all inclusives out there. My wife and I stayed 5 nights at an all inclusive in Riviera Maya a few years back for $2000 including airfare. Probably a little higher now. It was early May.

yes, all inclusives are expensive. We have a timeshare that we are always trading, our options in Cancun are quickly dwindling because I won't pay all inclusive prices. I do not drink nor eat enough to ever make it worth it.

Right? I think Royal Cancun us the only Royal resort that hasn't switched to the all inclusive . I love our timeshare in Hawaii but we trade every year , I was shocked with all the all inclusive in Cancun/ Rivera Maya area. Resort stays aren't cheap and I alway loved the value you get with cruising.

We did a couple of weeks in Melbourne, Australia, at an apartment a couple of years ago. Cost us more for 2 weeks than 3 weeks on a cruise. (It is about the same driving time for us as getting on a ship at Sydney.)

We had no entertainment put on, we had to go and get our own food, and because it was an apartment we had to make our own bed even!

We had issues taking our car out to go somewhere as it could be hard to find a park when you got back. Then one of us couldn't have a couple of drinks also.

There was construction of other blocks of apartments near us, and that noise started a 7am weekdays.

When we got public transport to go somewhere hubby talked to people a couple of times, and they look at you like you are weird. So we never had nice chats to people like you do on board.

I know that is not like an all inclusive holiday OP first referenced, but I found it a good comparison for our purposes.

I got the RFS on Freedom for a 2017 cruise with my wife and 3 kids for under $5000 with $400OBC:D The deals are there, you just have to be looking at the right time.

Hi! Where do you see the deals on RFS for 5? I also have a family of 5 and on the site I can only see prices for 4 and it doesn't seem to even show the RFS. Do you just call? Or is there a diff website to see it on?

Thanks!

Hi! Where do you see the deals on RFS for 5? I also have a family of 5 and on the site I can only see prices for 4 and it doesn't seem to even show the RFS. Do you just call? Or is there a diff website to see it on?

Thanks!

You usually have to call to get prices for staterooms that hold more than 4 guests. Sometimes, as the cruise gets closer, they allow these staterooms to be booked by fewer guests, and they will show up on the website.

Is this for real???

Why not just tell Royal Caribbean you are willing to pay more.After they see this you will pay more.:confused:

Thanks!

You have to call Royal or contact a TA to book the RFS. Its a pain to keep calling to find out if there are any price drops, but it has worked out in my favor.

You usually have to call to get prices for staterooms that hold more than 4 guests. Sometimes, as the cruise gets closer, they allow these staterooms to be booked by fewer guests, and they will show up on the website.

I was on Adventure in October, and they opened up the RFS for online booking about a month before the sailing date for a very reasonable price. That is the only time I have seen it become available online.

I was on Adventure in October, and they opened up the RFS for online booking about a month before the sailing date for a very reasonable price. That is the only time I have seen it become available online.

I agree, it is pretty rare to see it available. Some friends (just two in the stateroom) of ours got one on Monarch several years ago.