NCL SUN December 5, 2015 Diar

Hilarion

Boarded at BA's a terminal 3. Exceptionally well organized although from the time I arrived to the time I boarded the ship, it took 1:45. However, it was not an unpleasant check-in process.

Bring reading material or your iPad to relax and get things done, as you Ent the terminal, you drop off your bags. Make sure they are each properly marked with the NCL LUGGAGE TAGS.

as you enter the main waiting area, you will be given a number and invited to sit down in the massive waiting room. Relax. This is a gat idea in that only small groups get asked to move through hand luggage screening.

From the you go to the second floor to,another station where an agent will check your passport, Argentine reciprocity fee payment, and your ship travel documents. You then proceed to argentine immigration. From there you again sit in a large waiting area where groups are called to,board shuttle buses from the terminal to the ship. Before you board the ship, someone will again check your passport.

Once inside the ship, you go to another agent who will check your passport and ears again, scan the credit card you plan to us today extra charges, and issue your boarding card. You will be given a receipt for your passport as It is retailed by NCL....NOT SURE WHY.

the final stop is to insert your new stateroom keycard where it will be recorded.

That entire process took me 1:45. Those in fancy suites get walked through the entire process and board quickly. There is no special checkin line for Latitude Platinum or Gold members.

Did a spa massage and it was expensive but very good. Not sure if I would do it again. The spa on this ship is very small; however, you can use the steam room and sauna complimentary.

The food on the first day was poor. I was unable to eat at any of the restaurants as the spa treatment did not allow me to get to the dining rooms by 9 pm when they closed. The only food options were the horrible small buffet AFT deck 11 outside or the Sports Bar. Not sure which was worse. Make a point to eat the main restaurants,because I got stuck eating horrible food today.

The excursions I will review are excursions arranged with local tour providers directly. I did not book any of the expensive NCL TOURS.

TANGO Show: a group of us who arrived early in BA WENT TO THE BEST and most reasonably priced tango show. Don't miss it when you are in BA. THE NORMAL PRICE FOR EACH TICKET is app. $20 but you can get it for 50% off as well. Either price is reasonably, really.

BA’s BEST Tango Show: Be alert: The Tango dinner shows in San Telmo (many of which I have seen) are over US$100.

You can instead attend a very professional, high energy, 90 minute Tango extravaganza of dance, song, and instrumentals (in a small theater) for AR$190-280, which is under US$20 (at the BLUE rate of 15:1). http://www.biendetango.com.ar/English/

This show, in my opinion, is BA’s most professional and best priced TANGO show. The “Centro Cultural Borges” which is located inside the Galerias Pacifico (the most elegant indoor mall in BA right on the famous pedestrian street Av. Florida). The show is “Buen de Tango.” http://www.ccborges.org.ar/espectaculos/bien-de-tango.htm

If you take a taxi just say you want to go to Galerias Pacifico; everyone knows it. https://goo.gl/maps/gFFiYiaLZdT2 Get there early to either walk along the pedestrian street Av. Florida or enjoy a coffee by the fountain inside the Galerias Pacifico. It is great people watching. Possibly because of their mixed Italian, German, Swiss, and Spanish heritage, Argentines are beautiful people who love to see and be seen.

If you want the best price for the show, before the show (on the same day) go buy a show voucher for 50% off at either (1) “Carteleras” on Av. Corrientes inside the Apollo Theater (http://www.cartelerabaires.com) or (2) "Tickets BsAs" (http://www.ticketsbuenosaires.com.ar). Both venues are a short cab ride to the theater or a nice evening stroll.

Hotel in BA: if you want to be near the theaters and a shirt cab ride to the port, and stay in a new small all-suite hotel Book through ORBITZ or Getaroom, the Icaro Suites hotel. Icaro Suites (****), includes breakfast and WI-FI. US$125 two night, two persons on getaroom.com

All-suite new hotel right off the “Broadway” of BA, in the older part of BA’s downtown with beautiful architecture, plenty of restaurants and accessible to restaurants, shops and tourist sites. It is also near two of the principal metro lines. Be warned: BA is NOT a clean city but after a day or two you see through the litter and enjoy this beautiful city. I have stayed here twice this year (two weeks each time) and written lengthy Trip advisor reviews with plenty of photos:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g312741-d1811303-r269819758-Icaro_Suites-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

Icaro Suites is a relatively new all-suite hotel two blocks off Av. Corrientes. It is also near the port and adjacent to many restaurants and theaters, including the historic and recently renovated Teatro Colon (there is a Wagner opera if you like opera). The theater is worth seeing. There are some shows that may not require knowing Spanish. I can recommend other theater if you'd like.

Each hotel suite at the Icaro Suites is equipped with a kitchen and dining table should you want to eat in. It also has great beds, linens and towels, a nice bathroom with superb walk-in shower, two elevators, and excellent security. It is a small boutique hotel and the elevators are next to the front desk so no one walks into the elevators without being stopped by security or the front desk. The manager is a wonderful Argentine gentleman who used to live in Ft. Lauderdale and manage the Marriott there. Pablo Luango speaks perfect English; tell him Lari Martinez asked you to say hi. There is also a great hair stylist next door in case you need to have your hair cut or styled before the cruise. I have used it twice before.

I booked the hotel for $125 for two nights for two persons, including full buffet breakfast for TWO. I booked it through the website "getaroom." Compare with Orbitz where you can get a 15% off coupon code by booking at least two nights. The hotel website is http://www.icarosuites.com.ar and the location is :

https://goo.gl/maps/SdVJo8mJu3w

There is a grocery store half a block away if you want to buy your own bottled water, etc. There is a great bakery across the street and even a laundry next to the hotel if you need anything cleaned or pressed before you board the ship. I have written two hotel reviews on Trip Advisor, one in English and the other in Spanish. The hotel is also near the national congress which is a beautiful building that you must see and tour; tours are FREE. The BA Hop on Hop off bus also stops nearby and you can buy your tickets online and simply board.

The hotel is also very near the port. If you do stay at the Icaro Suites let me know and we can even share a cab to the ship on Saturday December 5th.

I hope you have a good cruise, and enjoy the rest of the ports.

When you're writing though, just a thought... with all of your private tours, it sounds A LOT as though you are selling (or being commissioned by) local tours.

Some people may find that off-putting (and CC may remove your posts because of it).

Just a note. I'm looking forward to hearing what you do in the other ports.

Did the non-Americans get asked for a physical copy of their ESTA?

The whole thing sounds a lot different from what I have been through anywhere else.

Pity that there wasn't any special line for Platinum & Gold.

I wonder if there will be any changes in the future as this will be the first time NCL has been in Buenos Aires for quite a few years.

Have you heard why the passports were taken?

Thank you

Mike

The whole thing sounds a lot different from what I have been through anywhere else.

I wonder if there will be any changes in the future as this will be the first time NCL has been in Buenos Aires for quite a few years.

Thank you

Mike

Americans & Canadians need to pay a Reciprocity Fee in advance, here: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/pdf_varios/reciprocidad/Online_payment_instructions.pdf#zoom=100 and then print out a copy for EACH of the Argentine ports (I think there are 5).

We had our passports taken in the Baltics, and again in the Black Sea. It happens.

Americans & Canadians need to pay a Reciprocity Fee in advance, here: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/pdf_varios/reciprocidad/Online_payment_instructions.pdf#zoom=100 and then print out a copy for EACH of the Argentine ports (I think there are 5).

We had our passports taken in the Baltics, and again in the Black Sea. It happens.

So do Australians.

Mike

It is something similar for Chilean ports as well - I have no idea why Europeans don't have to go through the same process for some of the South American countries as Americans, Canadians and Australians do. But I am very happy we don't....! We did a Baltic cruise a few years ago, and didn't have to turn in our passports then - not even when visiting Russia....

It is something similar for Chilean ports as well - I have no idea why Europeans don't have to go through the same process for some of the South American countries as Americans, Canadians and Australians do. But I am very happy we don't....! We did a Baltic cruise a few years ago, and didn't have to turn in our passports then - not even when visiting Russia....

Quite simple. Australia, Canada and the USA charge Argentinians a fee to enter the country. That is why it is called a Reciprocity Fee!!

Never checked Chile before but here are reciprocity fees for South American countries:-

Country U.S.Citizens Canadians Australians

Argentina $140 USD $70 USD $100 USD none

Bolivia $135 USD none none none

Brazil $140 USD $65 USD $35 USD none

Chile $131 USD $132 USD $61 USD none

Paraguay $65 USD $65 USD $65 USD

Mike

Quite simple. Australia, Canada and the USA charge Argentinians a fee to enter the country. That is why it is called a Reciprocity Fee!!

Never checked Chile before but here are reciprocity fees for South American countries:-

Mike

Chile dropped the reciprocity fees for both Canada and the US.

http://www.travelweek.ca/news/canadians-no-longer-need-pay-132-fee-enter-chile/

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2014/03/04/chile-ends-160-reciprocity-fee-for-us-citizens/

For AUS: http://smartraveller.gov.au/countries/chile

Thank you

Mike

Hi Mike,

Very odd to have passports taken. As a former FSO WE DONT LIKE Anyone HAVING OUR PASSPORTS BUT it looked like it is to facilitate entry into URUGUAY and Chile. When we got off URUGUAY we just needed our boat ship card; not even a photo ID.

I ALSO HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS TYPE OF CHECKIN but although no,lines for gold or platinum, it wa very smooth, albeit long. Most of the time you are either sitting and reading or checking messages or moving from one station to the oher.

I hope you have a good cruise, and enjoy the rest of the ports.

When you're writing though, just a thought... with all of your private tours, it sounds A LOT as though you are selling (or being commissioned by) local tours.

Some people may find that off-putting (and CC may remove your posts because of it).

Just a note. I'm looking forward to hearing what you do in the other ports.

Thank you for writing but eat assured I am neither selling nor need to sell anything. If CC removes it then it is a disservice for other passengers. I just know BA VERY WELL AND HAVE STAYED IN MANY PLACES AND SEEN MANY THIS AND HATE IT WHEN FELLOW PASSENGERs miss great opportunities. I am forcing any to do anything, just suggesting what I did, why and how. I really should be charging for my advice but would never do that either. I am a recently retired American diplomat and love to help people and hate it when I see fellow Americans and citizens of friendly countries get ripped off. I find it offensive that you would suggest I am getting paid. Honestly, I could just sit back and not share any information with anyone but won't. I am also so grateful for others who share their experiences and suggestions and provide details on the how why me when. Chill.

I would also suggest making two copies of your reciprocity fee sheet as they keep one as well and write on it. Mine was very clean as I have already been to BA THREE TIMES THIS YEAR AND NOW have to make a clean copy when I get back to Miami. They keep the reciprocity fee proof of payment because the ships docks in two Argentine ports.

Mike

As a former FSO let me clarify why there is a reciprocity fee. It was enacted by Argentina in retaliation for being removed from the visa waiver program with the collapse of their e onomy with the leftist government. The US issues the visa for FREE, but it does charge an application fee (which proceeds the US uses to defray costs of running the visa sections abroad). This like the passport fee charged to Americans, the proceeds of which are used to help fund passport offices. Many countries who do not benefit from the visa waiver do not charge Americans and others a reciprocity fee because they realize the benefits of encouraging travel. This is also why Brazil charges a reciprocity fee.

Thanks for all your wonderful information and being so helpful. I'm pretty sure the CC rules are that you can post about tours you have experienced which you have. I love your advice about precruise activities and want to go to the Tango show. I look forward to further helpful posts and hearing about your cruise. I'm on the next BA to Valporaiso cruise.

What time did you board? I'm assuming early. I usually try and get there after 1pm to avoid the lines and crowd? Maybe 2pm would be a better time for me? What do you think? I like to get on straight away without long lines.

On another note- in Chile Aussies only pay the fee if they enter via airport. So on the BA to Valporaiso we don't have to pay it. We don't have to do an ESTA as we are not entering the U.S. We do however have to pay the Argentinian Reciprocity Fee and it only lasts for 12 months. Brazil - a visa, complicated???!!!!

Edited by karoo

Boarded at BA's a terminal 3. Exceptionally well organized although from the time I arrived to the time I boarded the ship, it took 1:45. However, it was not an unpleasant check-in process.

Bring reading material or your iPad to relax and get things done, as you Ent the terminal, you drop off your bags. Make sure they are each properly marked with the NCL LUGGAGE TAGS.

as you enter the main waiting area, you will be given a number and invited to sit down in the massive waiting room. Relax. This is a gat idea in that only small groups get asked to move through hand luggage screening.

From the you go to the second floor to,another station where an agent will check your passport, Argentine reciprocity fee payment, and your ship travel documents. You then proceed to argentine immigration. From there you again sit in a large waiting area where groups are called to,board shuttle buses from the terminal to the ship. Before you board the ship, someone will again check your passport.

Once inside the ship, you go to another agent who will check your passport and ears again, scan the credit card you plan to us today extra charges, and issue your boarding card. You will be given a receipt for your passport as It is retailed by NCL....NOT SURE WHY.

the final stop is to insert your new stateroom keycard where it will be recorded.

That entire process took me 1:45. Those in fancy suites get walked through the entire process and board quickly. There is no special checkin line for Latitude Platinum or Gold members.

Did a spa massage and it was expensive but very good. Not sure if I would do it again. The spa on this ship is very small; however, you can use the steam room and sauna complimentary.

The food on the first day was poor. I was unable to eat at any of the restaurants as the spa treatment did not allow me to get to the dining rooms by 9 pm when they closed. The only food options were the horrible small buffet AFT deck 11 outside or the Sports Bar. Not sure which was worse. Make a point to eat the main restaurants,because I got stuck eating horrible food today.

The excursions I will review are excursions arranged with local tour providers directly. I did not book any of the expensive NCL TOURS.

TANGO Show: a group of us who arrived early in BA WENT TO THE BEST and most reasonably priced tango show. Don't miss it when you are in BA. THE NORMAL PRICE FOR EACH TICKET is app. $20 but you can get it for 50% off as well. Either price is reasonably, really.

BA’s BEST Tango Show: Be alert: The Tango dinner shows in San Telmo (many of which I have seen) are over US$100.

You can instead attend a very professional, high energy, 90 minute Tango extravaganza of dance, song, and instrumentals (in a small theater) for AR$190-280, which is under US$20 (at the BLUE rate of 15:1). http://www.biendetango.com.ar/English/

This show, in my opinion, is BA’s most professional and best priced TANGO show. The “Centro Cultural Borges” which is located inside the Galerias Pacifico (the most elegant indoor mall in BA right on the famous pedestrian street Av. Florida). The show is “Buen de Tango.” http://www.ccborges.org.ar/espectaculos/bien-de-tango.htm

If you take a taxi just say you want to go to Galerias Pacifico; everyone knows it. https://goo.gl/maps/gFFiYiaLZdT2 Get there early to either walk along the pedestrian street Av. Florida or enjoy a coffee by the fountain inside the Galerias Pacifico. It is great people watching. Possibly because of their mixed Italian, German, Swiss, and Spanish heritage, Argentines are beautiful people who love to see and be seen.

If you want the best price for the show, before the show (on the same day) go buy a show voucher for 50% off at either (1) “Carteleras” on Av. Corrientes inside the Apollo Theater (http://www.cartelerabaires.com) or (2) "Tickets BsAs" (http://www.ticketsbuenosaires.com.ar). Both venues are a short cab ride to the theater or a nice evening stroll.

Hotel in BA: if you want to be near the theaters and a shirt cab ride to the port, and stay in a new small all-suite hotel Book through ORBITZ or Getaroom, the Icaro Suites hotel. Icaro Suites (****), includes breakfast and WI-FI. US$125 two night, two persons on getaroom.com

All-suite new hotel right off the “Broadway” of BA, in the older part of BA’s downtown with beautiful architecture, plenty of restaurants and accessible to restaurants, shops and tourist sites. It is also near two of the principal metro lines. Be warned: BA is NOT a clean city but after a day or two you see through the litter and enjoy this beautiful city. I have stayed here twice this year (two weeks each time) and written lengthy Trip advisor reviews with plenty of photos:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g312741-d1811303-r269819758-Icaro_Suites-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

Icaro Suites is a relatively new all-suite hotel two blocks off Av. Corrientes. It is also near the port and adjacent to many restaurants and theaters, including the historic and recently renovated Teatro Colon (there is a Wagner opera if you like opera). The theater is worth seeing. There are some shows that may not require knowing Spanish. I can recommend other theater if you'd like.

Each hotel suite at the Icaro Suites is equipped with a kitchen and dining table should you want to eat in. It also has great beds, linens and towels, a nice bathroom with superb walk-in shower, two elevators, and excellent security. It is a small boutique hotel and the elevators are next to the front desk so no one walks into the elevators without being stopped by security or the front desk. The manager is a wonderful Argentine gentleman who used to live in Ft. Lauderdale and manage the Marriott there. Pablo Luango speaks perfect English; tell him Lari Martinez asked you to say hi. There is also a great hair stylist next door in case you need to have your hair cut or styled before the cruise. I have used it twice before.

I booked the hotel for $125 for two nights for two persons, including full buffet breakfast for TWO. I booked it through the website "getaroom." Compare with Orbitz where you can get a 15% off coupon code by booking at least two nights. The hotel website is http://www.icarosuites.com.ar and the location is :

https://goo.gl/maps/SdVJo8mJu3w

There is a grocery store half a block away if you want to buy your own bottled water, etc. There is a great bakery across the street and even a laundry next to the hotel if you need anything cleaned or pressed before you board the ship. I have written two hotel reviews on Trip Advisor, one in English and the other in Spanish. The hotel is also near the national congress which is a beautiful building that you must see and tour; tours are FREE. The BA Hop on Hop off bus also stops nearby and you can buy your tickets online and simply board.

The hotel is also very near the port. If you do stay at the Icaro Suites let me know and we can even share a cab to the ship on Saturday December 5th.

We are doing this same cruise in February and look forward to any information you can give us. I have booked all shore excursions through NCL, but look forward to any additional advice you can give. We are staying three nights in Buenos Aires prior to the cruise.

As a former FSO let me clarify why there is a reciprocity fee. It was enacted by Argentina in retaliation for being removed from the visa waiver program with the collapse of their e onomy with the leftist government. The US issues the visa for FREE, but it does charge an application fee (which proceeds the US uses to defray costs of running the visa sections abroad). This like the passport fee charged to Americans, the proceeds of which are used to help fund passport offices. Many countries who do not benefit from the visa waiver do not charge Americans and others a reciprocity fee because they realize the benefits of encouraging travel. This is also why Brazil charges a reciprocity fee.

As a non-FSO, who doesn't offend so easily, Brazil doesn't charge a reciprocity fee for Canadians, they require a Visa.

I believe the United States http://www.cgbrasil.org/Templates/InsideTemplate.aspx?PostingId=267 also requires a Visa.

If you happen to have a dual citizenship with Ireland, you can avoid all of the reciprocity fees, and just use that passport instead.

On another note- in Chile Aussies only pay the fee if they enter via airport. So on the BA to Valporaiso we don't have to pay it. We don't have to do an ESTA as we are not entering the U.S. We do however have to pay the Argentinian Reciprocity Fee and it only lasts for 12 months. Brazil - a visa, complicated???!!!!

When I went to the Brazilian Consulate to confirm I didn't need a Visa with my Irish passport (I spent 3 weeks in Brazil earlier this year), They were requiring passports, itineraries, copies of airline tickets in / out, and for several people wanted some type of 'letter'. I interpreted this to be an employer letter, but am not certain.

We will be transiting Sao Paulo on our way home from BA in March, and my spouse does require a Visa.....unless we stay within the airside International Concourse at GRU (which we're going to do).

Stephen

When I went to the Brazilian Consulate to confirm I didn't need a Visa with my Irish passport (I spent 3 weeks in Brazil earlier this year), They were requiring passports, itineraries, copies of airline tickets in / out, and for several people wanted some type of 'letter'. I interpreted this to be an employer letter, but am not certain.

We will be transiting Sao Paulo on our way home from BA in March, and my spouse does require a Visa.....unless we stay within the airside International Concourse at GRU (which we're going to do).

Stephen

You're lucky with your passport. No problems. As an Aussie - We have to go to the consulate in Canberra. Which is a flight away from where I live or fill out papers, passport photos etc and post off our passport. People have said they didn't get their passport back until 10

weeks later. A long time to be without your passport if you love travel like I do. So I just put it in the too hard basket and will enjoy what I have planned. Argentina&Chile! We have travel warnings here anyway - 'high risk- reconsider your need to travel to Brazil.'

You're lucky with your passport. No problems. As an Aussie - We have to go to the consulate in Canberra. Which is a flight away from where I live or fill out papers, passport photos etc and post off our passport. People have said they didn't get their passport back until 10

weeks later. A long time to be without your passport if you love travel like I do. So I just put it in the too hard basket and will enjoy what I have planned. Argentina&Chile! We have travel warnings here anyway - 'high risk- reconsider your need to travel to Brazil.'

Agreed, with the Rio Olympics next year, crime has taken an uptick. And Sao Paulo is reputed to be quite dangerous (though I wandered around, alone, with the bare minimum of Brazilian Portuguese for 5 days - the weekends around my biz trip), and Rio was fine too.... I walked from the Sheraton Rio to downtown, and around and along the beach.... 4 different days, without any issues whatsoever.

And in Brasilia I even got lost & had to ask for directions, without issue.

It's a really beautiful country, if you do find an easier way to get there. :)

Stephen

The reason they told us in 2010 they were keeping our passports was that because of the issues between Argentina and Chile, both country's immigration officers often required them to be available when transiting between the two countries which you will do a few times on your cruise. Rather than having everyone to have to report to the theatre or something with passports in hand and see the immigration folks, they have the passports on file.

Day 2 & 3:

Disembarking in Montevideo was smooth. All you need is your ship card. No picture ID. The Pier is right next to the old port where you can find excellent restaurants if you like meat. Plenty of police officers near the port so I felt very safe.

There is UBER now in Montevideo if you want an alternative to cabs. I walked around and then took the official city hop in and off bus which I had taken two years ago and liked. The main stop is right across the street as you exit the port so you will not miss it. You can pay in USD, local currency or credit cards. It cost app US$21. The tour was excellent in that the buses are clean, with superb headphones; not those annoyed no earplugs you find elsewhere that never work. The recorded descriptions are just right; not too long, just right. Many passengers got off at various stops ; I stayed aboard the entire circuit that took about one and a half hours to complete.

If you opt for the bus tour, Dress warmly. Although it was a beautiful sunny day and fairly warm upstairs it was windy and very cold, I ended up moving downstairs to avoid being frozen on my first day.

Use your time to walk around the center, along Las Ramblas and to explore the many art galleries in Montevideo. I did not buy anything and did not feel pressure to buy.

As there is not much to write about today, let me just share some observations: The ship is full but because there was a 0% supplement for singles, it is not as crowded as it could be. There is plenty of space at the restaurants, shows, and even by the pool on a beautiful day like today. The passengers are mostly Americans with some Canadians, Argentinians, English and Germans, and from the languages I have heard, Mandarin and Hebrew speakers as well; not among my languages. The age of fairly mid-range to high; clearly many retired persons who own all of their time. Very few children and hardly anyone under 30. Almost perfect is you want calmness, space, very interesting people, and easy access to the bar. Compared to other cruises, the bars on this cruise are hardly ever crowded. Then

The art in 30,000 years lecture today at 5:30 pm was condensed and very interesting. Highly recommended.

On the first day at sea at 9:30 The South American lecturer at the main theater is basic but excellent. He will provide basic information on principal places to go, things to eat and drink, and some safety hints. If you know Argentina or have done some research, and I do and did, it may not be helpful as the lecture is very superficial. I am using the time at the lecture to write this for you. If you do not know Argentina or feel uncomfortable in South America, attend the talk; otherwise, sleep in. The second part of his lecture is on specific wildlife which is interesting, more detailed, and helpful.

ROOMS. I read on ONE Of THE Cruise Websites that THE AFT ROOMS on THE 8th floor are to be avoided; I disagree. I am in AFT Port 8073 balcony. Yes, at 7'pm and at 9'pm, it is noisy in that the room is right above the principal theater. At any other time, it is excellent and very quiet as there is no one below you. I also like that there is the AFT staircase and AFT elevators with easy and quick access to the main theater on the 7th and 6th floors, up to the 11th floor to the buffet and pool area and gym, and to the Tradewinds restaurant on the 5th floor.

Food: THe buffet has Been crowded and the food of OK quality. Do not expect much, really. Instead of chicken or ham salad, for example, there is the cheaper potato salad, instead of real cheddar cheese for the omelette there is sliced processed cheese, instead of chicken breasts, you find more legs and thighs; subtle differences that reduce overall quality. At the Tradewinds and Four seasons the food is much better but the service is very VERY slow, so,plan accordingly. Their servings are also small so if you are hungry, order more than one of each when you order. As always, the breads are superb. Even the wine service at the main restaurants is very slow; something that needs to be addressed by their management. I often received my wine way after my meal arrived; unacceptable.

Entertainment: of all the cruises I have been on, this is the weakest in terms of quality of performances. There are two shows; at 7 and at 9, but the quality of each show is average at best, compared to other shows on NCL.

Today we dock in Puerto Madryn. More tomorrow or when we dock in Stanley and I can connect again. Is this helpful to others?