No additional staterooms for Coral Princess!!

shipfriend_max

Hi @all,

don't know whether those news are already old, but I ahve browsed the Princess website, and Coral's cruise schedule, and she will NOT get the same upgrade as Island Princess, with roughly 200 new staterooms.

Her drydock period is far shorter now (Jan 16-30, 2016), and as far as I know, Sabatinis will be replaced by Share.

I am quite happy that she won't receive those new, ugly lokking staterooms, and the aft decks and pool, as well as the Universe Lounge will be kept on the ship. [emoji5]

We did the partial Panama Canal cruise in February of 2014, and will be back on her 2/5/2016, so looking forward to comparing the overall condition after the dry dock. I want to see what Share looks like, although already know we have no interest in dining there. I will try to take a few pictures of Share and post them when we return if no one else does, so others can see first hand of what it looks like on this particular ship.

OP,

Thanks for the info; I did not know this as I am not on the Princes boards all of the time. This is very helpful. I am coming back to Princess after a few years away so this is all pertinent information to us.

Happy and safe cruising all!!! :)

Hi @all,

don't know whether those news are already old, but I ahve browsed the Princess website, and Coral's cruise schedule, and she will NOT get the same upgrade as Island Princess, with roughly 200 new staterooms.

Her drydock period is far shorter now (Jan 16-30, 2016), and as far as I know, Sabatinis will be replaced by Share.

I am quite happy that she won't receive those new, ugly looking staterooms, and the aft decks and pool, as well as the Universe Lounge will be kept on the ship. [emoji5]

So happy to hear this! We cruised on the Island this past fall in the Mediterranean for 12 days and found it crowded, standing room only for the shows even when you got there early, every night there was an hour wait for anytime dining, the workout room was small, crowded and in a windowless dark room on a lower deck. It was very difficult to find any deck chairs even away from the pool areas. The staff seemed overworked and unhappy and one of the staff members told us that many of the staff members were trying to get off the Island onto other ships because with the increase in the number of passengers they had to work much longer hours to accommodate the number of passengers and many were very unhappy and it showed in the attitude of the staff.

We were scheduled to sail on the Island this July on an Alaskan cruise. We came back from our Meditterean cruise and cancelled our cruise on the Island and rebooked the Alaskan cruise on the Coral. I think that Princess got so much negative feedback from everyone about the changes on the Island that they decided to leave the Coral alone. :eek:

We were booked for the Coral in January 2016. Princess canceled us on that date and moved us up into April. For us that is good news because Coral is our favorite Princess ship and we liked her just as she was.

Edited by dorisis