PO Jewel Limping around.

Woo hoo. That day has arrived. Off on another cruise. Just got a couple of things to put in the suitcase. Such a slacker, only started packing last night.

Only going to take me about 30 minutes to get there by public transport. So will probably leave home in a couple of hours. Got boarding time of 12 pm.

Nice sunny day, and from the web cam the Jewel is there waiting for me at Station Pier. So that is a good sign. It survived its prior cruise.

Have a great cruise Sarah. I am sue your cruise will be fine.:D

Got back this morning. Was a tad rough in Bass Straight especially on friday night, was overcast pretty well the whole trip, although the sun did poke its nose out at times yesterday afternoon.

The ship seemed in good order. First time on a P&O cruise, was pleasantly surprised. Clean and well looked after for an older ship. There wasn't a lot of people on board and some of those had spent some time in their cabins due to the sea conditions. It was a comedy cruise and well, the comedians IMO were so/so.

But overall happy, would have like the extra night, but it didn't spoil our short cruise.

Woo hoo. That day has arrived. Off on another cruise. Just got a couple of things to put in the suitcase. Such a slacker, only started packing last night.

Only going to take me about 30 minutes to get there by public transport. So will probably leave home in a couple of hours. Got boarding time of 12 pm.

Nice sunny day, and from the web cam the Jewel is there waiting for me at Station Pier. So that is a good sign. It survived its prior cruise.

Hi Sarah

Please enjoy your cruise and come back and tell us all about it.

I must confess to being skeptical of P & O's offerings , biased I supposed by my perception about their ships being "old" and their market being aimed to a slot in the market which does not fit my preferences

Please come back and tell us how it was , value for your money , what you did enjoy and the things you were not so keen on.

And in return I'll try to be as honest and objective as I can and tell you my thoughts on Golden Princess.

As you may know we were due to Sail for our third trip on the Solstice in March but changed things to do a christmas cruise and a 14 day cruise in March on Golden Princess.

There were many reasons for the change some that have grown due to the way I feel celebrity has altered their product over the last couple of years , altered it away from the fit that it was on our original trip with them.

We do still remember fondly our Trip on Rhapsody of the seas which we did enjoy .

Anyway enjoy your P&O cruise may it be POSH

Regards

John

Have a great cruise Sarah! Eden is a pretty place. Forecast 25c with possible showers, so I hope you have a great day there. :)

I am sure that they will have a lovely day.

Today's forecast - Top of 25 degrees - Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower offshore north of Green Cape early this morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm offshore early this morning.:D