PO Jewel Limping around.

Oh noes PO Pearl is broken (well limping around) and I haven't even got on her yet. :D

I board Sunday. Its now arriving in Melbourne on Friday and was meant to do a 3 nighter from Thursday so I guess they cull a day off some cruise to get back on schedule.

Its not affecting my cruise. The four day cruise with stop at Eden.

However, it is affecting the 3 day cruise, but PO Australia has made the offer of a full refund for those that can't go because of the change. I think that is fairly reasonable.

We are on the Jewel leaving now on Friday! Got a message from P and O citing engine trouble. They didn't mention a refund but an OBC OF $50 per adult and refund of one days cruise. This only really gives us one full day at sea. Not much that we can do about it, but then again they could give us one night from the following four night cruise! Only joking the logistics would be horrendous!

Oh well better to be on a ship for two nights than not at all.

Marina

I''m on the 4 night cruise leaving the Sunday.

I would suspect most on the 3 (now 2) would be from Melbourne. However the reduction in days won't affect their flights. They just need to stay someone where in Melbourne.

I''m on the 4 night cruise leaving the Sunday.

I would suspect most on the 3 (now 2) would be from Melbourne. However the reduction in days won't affect their flights. They just need to stay someone where in Melbourne.

It would be pretty disappointing but then there is no real alternative apart from cancelling all together.

It would be pretty disappointing but then there is no real alternative apart from cancelling all together.

I believe PO have offered full refund for those who can't make it and there is some compensation for one day missed (i.e 1 day cruise far plus I think 50obc)

I believe PO have offered full refund for those who can't make it and there is some compensation for one day missed (i.e 1 day cruise far plus I think 50obc)

That is good, I think most will be happy with that despite the disappointment, although some will still feel it is not enough.

I just reading the FB PO Australia page and there are some very unhappy campers on there about the drinks promotion.

I guess a few didn't read the fine print. And when they saw the ad "drinks are on us" they assumed it applied to all cruises.

I think PO Australia are really struggling at the moment with the issues from the two new ships, the drinks promotion and now the Jewel limping.

I just reading the FB PO Australia page and there are some very unhappy campers on there about the drinks promotion.

I guess a few didn't read the fine print. And when they saw the ad "drinks are on us" they assumed it applied to all cruises.

I think PO Australia are really struggling at the moment with the issues from the two new ships, the drinks promotion and now the Jewel limping.

Possibly too much too soon. maybe they should have done one thing at a time, first introduce the new ships and then the drinks packages. Some fault must lie with the TAs as well if people have thought they have purchased a package when they hadn't.

I hope they get it (jewel) repaired soon, so that you get your cruise.

We are one of the affected for the Melb 3 nighter, we have been told 1 night refund and $50 obc per adult. To turn up on friday instead with same boarding times.

2 nights cruising is better than not cruising at all.

Possibly too much too soon. maybe they should have done one thing at a time, first introduce the new ships and then the drinks packages.

You don't know the business world.

Too much is never a limitation. You just have to manage.

We are one of the affected for the Melb 3 nighter, we have been told 1 night refund and $50 obc per adult. To turn up on friday instead with same boarding times.

2 nights cruising is better than not cruising at all.

Great attitude, have a enjoyable cruise.:D