ventura muster station on p deck

hollyjess

Hi Don thanks for prompt reply. Not worried about it just curious whether it would be on same deck as cabin for ease as hubby us3s wheelchair.

Not sure whether the Ventura has indoor or outdoor muster stations, but since your cabin is two decks below the promenade deck, I wouldn't think there would be one in the restaurant there.

Regardless of where your cabin's assigned muster station is, since your DH is disabled, when you get onboard, go to guest services and request use of the special needs muster station, which will generally be in the atrium on the promenade deck, and has seating available as well. Most cruise lines allow one guest to accompany the person requiring special needs at this muster station. This will also notify the ship of your needs and they will note your cabin on the plan as requiring some special needs assigned personnel to check your cabin at muster time to see if you need assistance getting to the muster station.

I'm sorry I can't remember where we mustered for P deck- I get mixed up with different cruises and cabins- but it might well have been in the Tamarind lounge, up 2 decks on 7, near the atrium...

Go to P&O's pages: "Frequently Asked Questions", where they do talk about wheelchair assistance for muster/emergencies. You must register with the staff...did you do this when you booked? Because it will be in your passenger profile.

Not long now! :D

Hi Jocap. Thanks for your helpful reply. Yes we have registered hubby as needing assistance so we should be ok. Are you counting the days as I am. I even got some of my clothes,out yesterday to see if I need to lose a pound or two !

Hi Jocap. Thanks for your helpful reply. Yes we have registered hubby as needing assistance so we should be ok. Are you counting the days as I am. I even got some of my clothes,out yesterday to see if I need to lose a pound or two !

Yes, I am...I'm taking 2 different sets-one for the 2 transatlantics, and one for the fortnight in the Caribbean. I've just ordered my washing tablets from my Tesco Christmas delivery!... For frequent visits to the launderettes...:rolleyes:

Hopefully it will be warm before Madeira, and not turn too cool on the return voyage after the Azores...:cool:

Edited by jocap
old age and excitement