Sending a box to hotel before

gamecockinnc

Hi,

We are cruising on Breeze over Christmas. We are flying into Miami the afternoon before our cruise. Our youngest just turned 5 this week and is all about Santa. I have a few boxes of Legos, stocking stuffers for all three of our sons and Christmas decorations for our cabins. I don't want to cart all of this down there in a suitcase so I thought about fed exing of sending a box UPS to our hotel. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. I called and spoke to the concierge. He said we could send the box and the hotel charges $3.00 per box. Should I put my name on it as c/o, my reservation number???? I asked the concierge and he was pretty laid back and just said send it.

Has anyone done this and could you give me any advice?

Thanks,

T

Hi,

We are cruising on Breeze over Christmas. We are flying into Miami the afternoon before our cruise. Our youngest just turned 5 this week and is all about Santa. I have a few boxes of Legos, stocking stuffers for all three of our sons and Christmas decorations for our cabins. I don't want to cart all of this down there in a suitcase so I thought about fed exing of sending a box UPS to our hotel. We are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. I called and spoke to the concierge. He said we could send the box and the hotel charges $3.00 per box. Should I put my name on it as c/o, my reservation number???? I asked the concierge and he was pretty laid back and just said send it.

Has anyone done this and could you give me any advice?

Thanks,

T

Yes, send it to the hotel and very largely put c/o Your Name and reservation number. Make sure you track it. I would call concierge and give them a heads up and let them know it is your kids Christmas.

Edited by BlueHerons

As a general comment I have sent packages to hotels in the past with varying degreases of success associated my business, i.e. sending training materials before a meeting. I have found if you are dealing with an upper level hotel no problems, just call in advance and your packages will be available upon arrival. However, dealing with the Due Drop Inn type places that is another story.