MyNCL Dining Res Question

LostAgain

Does anybody know why restaurants, such as Cagney's, are showing up as $0 cost when I log into my acct although I did not get any perks with my booking?

Because Cagney's, Le Bistro and La Cucina are going a la carte fleetwide next year, already now on Escape. They simply can not know what your bill will be in advance so they can not precharge you.

Does anybody know why restaurants, such as Cagney's, are showing up as $0 cost when I log into my acct although I did not get any perks with my booking?

If you sailing on the Escape or other ships beyond mid-March 2016, the specialty restaurants will be going a la carte. No flat fee. Pay for each item.

4ca89306358ca1d35c70a0b36775b84b.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

FYI to the OP... Our ticket at Cagney's a la carte came to $109 for 2, not including beverages. We paid only $21 per person incl. gratuities because we'd purchased the 4 day dinner package. You might consider the 3 day or something, if you plan to dine in specialties at all.

We have not been on NCL before, so we are going to try the main dining rooms and buffet first. I am sure they will be fine for us. But, thanks, for your input.

Yes, complimentary food on NCL is just fine for most people - it might not be the best on high seas but definitely not necessary IMO to pay for specialities except for special occasions, experiences and variety.

We usually do only two or three speciality restaurants on a week long cruise, two of which (or one if we both take a guest) are complimentary because of our Latitudes status.

Can you tell me what the $21 was for if you had specialty dining package - maybe drinks?We have drink package so I assume that applies in the specialty restaurants or maybe not.

How I read it, that was the approximate price per dinner for their dining package.

Can you tell me what the $21 was for if you had specialty dining package - maybe drinks?We have drink package so I assume that applies in the specialty restaurants or maybe not.

We paid for the 4 day package. That was what it worked out to be per day. Therefore, that is what we paid for that meal prior to sailing.

We had the UBP as a promo, and so we paid nothing for drinks on the ship.

Edited by LrgPizza

We have booked on Jade, August 2016, Eastern Meditteranean - our first cruise ever.

So, have I got this right?........

If we buy a meal package now, for 3 specialty restaurant meals, then that means that we don't pay anything more for those meals even if they are a la carte by the time our cruise starts?

Because Cagney's, Le Bistro and La Cucina are going a la carte fleetwide next year, already now on Escape. They simply can not know what your bill will be in advance so they can not precharge you.

Looks like the Gem rolls out a la carte in early January. We sail on Jan. 12th. We pre-booked and paid for specialty restaurants at the normal cover charge. Do you know what this means for us?

Looks like the Gem rolls out a la carte in early January. We sail on Jan. 12th. We pre-booked and paid for specialty restaurants at the normal cover charge. Do you know what this means for us?

Do you mean normal cover charge or normal SDP charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I have the 6 UDP. Can we book 6 nights of Cagney's without charge? We also paid $18.** for service charges! We are cruising Feb & April, 2017! We also have the UBP, so no drinks needed! Please advise! Thanks

My wife and I have the 6 UDP. Can we book 6 nights of Cagney's without charge? We also paid $18.** for service charges! We are cruising Feb & April, 2017! We also have the UBP, so no drinks needed! Please advise! Thanks

Yes. 6 nights with no additional charge.

You are paid. It doesn't matter that the Gem will be ala carte. Your bill will be zero when you dine at the restaurants you paid for.