Can soda be brought on-board?

Texas_Diver

I will be cruising on the Caribbean Princess in February for the first time. When cruising with other cruise lines, I have been allowed to bring a "reasonable" amount of soda on-board upon embarkation. (a six pack of Diet Mountain Dew, for example)

Does Princess allow this?

I will be cruising on the Caribbean Princess in February for the first time. When cruising with other cruise lines, I have been allowed to bring a "reasonable" amount of soda on-board upon embarkation. (a six pack of Diet Mountain Dew, for example)

Does Princess allow this?

Yes along with water too, as much soda as you want.

You could have to go to the naughty room to get your bag if they think that you're 12 pack is beer instead of pop. It only happened to me once but I was in the long line of cruisers waiting to get our bags back. Those with alcohol had it confiscated and those of us with pop or water got to keep it.

Can the soda your bring on board be consumed everywhere, or is it in your cabin only?

The only thing you can't take "everywhere" is a bottle of wine of the 1/passenger that you are allowed. If the wine is one of your "free" bottles, you have to pay a corkage fee if you take it to a dining room. If you pour some wine into a glass in your cabin and walk around the ship...no problem.

The only thing you can't take "everywhere" is a bottle of wine of the 1/passenger that you are allowed. If the wine is one of your "free" bottles, you have to pay a corkage fee if you take it to a dining room. If you pour some wine into a glass in your cabin and walk around the ship...no problem.

Awesome, thank you. I thought that would be the case.

We just sailed on the Caribbean Princess from Houston last month (and will be again in February, maybe with you?) We carried on a 12-pack of diet pepsi, and saw LOTS of other people carrying on soda and water. No one batted an eye! We even saw one couple with a two-wheeled cart loaded down with drinks. And keep in mind, this was only a 4-day cruise:)

Edited by Paula_MacFan