On Oasis right now - Dec 12th Eastern Caribbean island

kohlepe

My DD and her friends are on the Oasis also! She said she loves the ship (first time on Oasis) but she is surprised how much she feels the motion of the ship. I am crossing fingers that you have good weather for the next two islands. They ended up not going on their Nassau a Blue Lagoon excursion due to rain...they went to see if they could get their refund and were told no refund unless 24 hrs ahead. So, another reason to book on your own. Most will refund money if it is raining. She doesn't like the MTD because she's use to traditional where you get the same table and wait staff every night. They went to the comedy show last night and LOVED it.

Did you happen to notice if they offered any specialty dining packages on board similar to the ones offered on line...the pay one price for 3,4 or 5 restaurants?

I did not see them noticeably offering dining discounts. They may have done it, but they certainly did not make it very visible.

That being said. I ate in coastal kitchen almost every night.

OH wait... when I was in the concierge lounge the first day, someone from the restaurant came up to me and offered me 20% off of the chefs table experience. but that was the only thing they offered. I forgot about that.

She doesn't like the MTD because she's use to traditional where you get the same table and wait staff every night.

All four of our cruises have been My Time dining and we've always had the same table and wait staff. It helps if you choose the same time to eat each night. That is what seems to make the most difference. You can also request to have the same wait staff (especially if you like the ones you got the first night). Same goes for the table. You can request the same, or one closer to an area that you like. They will do their best to accommodate you.

I think there has been only one night were we didn't have the same staff, but that was because changed our meal time significantly from the night before.

Dan

I did not see them noticeably offering dining discounts. They may have done it, but they certainly did not make it very visible.

That being said. I ate in coastal kitchen almost every night.

OH wait... when I was in the concierge lounge the first day, someone from the restaurant came up to me and offered me 20% off of the chefs table experience. but that was the only thing they offered. I forgot about that.

Thanks.

My DD and her friends are on the Oasis also! She said she loves the ship (first time on Oasis) but she is surprised how much she feels the motion of the ship. I am crossing fingers that you have good weather for the next two islands. They ended up not going on their Nassau a Blue Lagoon excursion due to rain...they went to see if they could get their refund and were told no refund unless 24 hrs ahead. So, another reason to book on your own. Most will refund money if it is raining. She doesn't like the MTD because she's use to traditional where you get the same table and wait staff every night. They went to the comedy show last night and LOVED it.

Good tip for the rest of us to keep an eye on the weather beforehand. We also booked Blue Lagoon. What a shame they didn't get to go (and really ducks that Royal won't refund when it's weather related).

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Good tip for the rest of us to keep an eye on the weather beforehand. We also booked Blue Lagoon. What a shame they didn't get to go (and really ducks that Royal won't refund when it's weather related).

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

I am curious did the excursion get cancelled, or they decided not to go because of the rain, if it was cancelled and they did not get a refund that is pretty poor

Were on her in 3 weeks. Cant wait. Can you let me know if you see the 10 drink cards for $75. Seems like they've shown up on the eastern route.

you heard of the cards on the eastern route? on oasis class ships? how recent? going on allure on the easter route in less than 3 weeks and really hoping they are available then!

you heard of the cards on the eastern route? on oasis class ships? how recent? going on allure on the easter route in less than 3 weeks and really hoping they are available then!

Yup, I'm not sure who's review it was but the were offered the last 2 sea days only. The western route has no consecutive sea days so that must be why its not offered.