best ss cabin on the Infinity

sdnich

I have been in a sky suite on the Equinox and loved it ! I am looking for one on the Infinity and wanted to hear if anyone has a favorite cabin as in bigger deck or room location.We were planning on a aqua class room but loved luminea so much will be saving extra to pay for it :) thanks for any help!!

6145/6146 are the "best"

Bigger balcony, nicer finish (match Penthouse), tub and shower (much bigger bath). Drawbacks are you may be able to hear the penthouse and the piano (though currently not working) and closets. At end of hall, all the way aft. Some may prefer this, others may not.

6131/6132 have bigger deck, but not private and not covered.

All others are mostly equal but check the sticky.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

6145/6146 are the "best"

Bigger balcony, nicer finish (match Penthouse), tub and shower (much bigger bath). Drawbacks are you may be able to hear the penthouse and the piano (though currently not working) and closets. At end of hall, all the way aft. Some may prefer this, others may not.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi

We stayed in 6145 very recently on an M class ship. How would you say these two cabins compare to a CS on M class? I appreciate the perks are the same, so are really wanting to know about the size comparisons of the room and balcony etc.

Thanks in advance. :)

6145/6146 are the "best"

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks that is the info I was wondering about finishes since the Penthouse stretches! I love the sound of a piano but would hope it would not been a problem?? And there is a stair pretty close by on the Reflection aft it was a journey!! Lots of calorie burning! Thanks

Jenna's summary is spot on.

If I recall from a brief look-see, there is essentially no closet space. When we toured 6145, there was a bellman's trolley with hanging clothes. I can't remember if there was no closet or if the occupants just had too many hanging clothes for it. In any case, they felt a need and it took up some of the entry hall space.

6145/6146 are just a little larger than other sky suites in the main cabin (possibly 1-2 feet wider?) and the bathroom is a lot larger (the tub and walk-in shower are separate). I can't confirm but my wife said there is no hand-held shower head in the shower, only the tub (and there is no shower curtain on the tub). For that reason, she doesn't want those two cabins.

The balcony is larger than standard, but not as large as 6131/6132.

There are three sets of elevators and stairs on M-class so you are not as far away from vertical transportation as on the S-class.

The CS cabins on M-class are very nice and definitely more room than a sky suite. One really nice feature is the large table. You can easily have 2 guests come for dinner en-suite. The bedroom is completely enclosed with a door so it has no direct view of the balcony or ocean (if that matters). On the other hand, you can make it totally dark. The closet in the CS is quite large with his & hers sides for hanging with the dressing table in the middle and out of the bedroom (which is good because there is not a lot of walking around space in there).

But with the new policy of sky suites having access to Michael's Club, there is no advantage other than space to spend the extra money (and it looks like Celebrity still thinks it is a much better cabin as the price jump is significant). Several of our recent cruises have been in CS cabins but I just booked us a b2b on Infinity in Oct 2017 and chose 6131.

6145/6146 will almost certainly have the same butler as the penthouse and royal suites. This is a mixed blessing. Those will be the best butlers but could possibly be paying more attention to the top suites so who knows how the service will be?

Not sure how far out you are, but 5 months before we sailed we managed to get a FV 9165.

It was a corner balcony and was huge. It also had 2 rooms.

Check out post 9 here for pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

The first picture is of a 1A balcony. The remainder is the FV.

Edited by upwarduk

I am confused because on the Infinity 9165 is closer to mid ship??

Pretty sure that as a typo. 9195 or 9156 are the corner aft FV cabins on deck 9 and those are the best values of any Celebrity ships (unless you just have to have suite amenities or points). The cabins are about 20 square feet larger than a sky suite and the balcony is about 180 square feet larger. Not to mention that the view is 180 degrees covering both sides of the ship plus the wake.

IMGP0018.jpgwbe7o3.jpg

Edited by bob278

There are 6 balconies like 9156. They're called "Family Suites" but not considered suites in terms of suite class amenities.

I believe 6145/6146 are covered on all ships as even the ships with partial cover like Infinity and Millenium they're covered.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk