Help Please!!!

Joe19fan

Update:

First of all, thank you for your replies, and more importantly, the info. I have printed it off for my TA.

Yesterday I called Celebrity, they will not give me ANY information, told me I had to go through my TA. However, they did tell me that I do not have a beverage package.

When we booked, there were 2 other couples booking with us. Our TA was off the last day of the promotion, so we were scrambling to get all the information and get our cruises booked, so we could take advantage of the promotion.

After we booked, I did not get a confirmation from the TA. I waited a couple of weeks and then called. My TA was not available, but another one forwarded the information. I was primarily looking for the booking number, and while I did not see the promotion information, I didn't worry, as I knew we had booked it that way, and figured it was "hidden" in some of the information.

Then, a couple of days ago I went under my booking on the Celebrity website, and couldn't find any of the perks. Since our final payment is due 12/26, I figured I'd better get on it. I called my TA, and that's when all this happened.

My TA states that Celebrity didn't book it correctly. They are going through recorded conversations to find out who's "fault" it is. My TA says we will have a good outcome, but I am very stressed about this right now. And our final payment is due in 10 days!

My TA states we were given 2 prices, one with the promotion, and one without. (No, I only have one price written down....and I would have written down another price were I given one). We paid $500 less than the advertised price on Celebrity, because we are long term members of our TA's company. And, I would have NEVER taken a lower amount to save $500, and forego the 123 promotion. As a matter of fact, we booked a concierge room to be able to get all 3 perks!

So now we are in waiting mode. It is making me crazy!

Edited by Joe19fan

Joe,

Sucks that you got a crappy TA,

I'd recommend that you check prices now (with perks) and what you paid.

If you are outside final payment, you can still rebook and get all the perks if the prices are lower that is.

In my case, I have rebooked a few times and saved over $1000 AND actually gained another $100 OBC ontop of the $300 usually offered so it's worth a try.

Once again, what is your itinerary? If your room & cruise qualified for all three perks, then it should have happened automatically, no need to request. Something's not right here. I suspect either itinerary or group, especially with the $500 lower price. Is it too late to book with big better best?

Your TA is clearly confused:

1.) There never was a second price amount to be quoted with the all-inclusive 123Go Promo.

2.) She's thinking of the current promo which is the Go Big, Better, Best. With that, all TAs are given a base price and the additional cost for Go Better or Go Best. So, in this case, she would give you 2 prices maybe - a.) the base price and b.) the additional cost for Go Better.

I seriously doubt you'll get satisfied on this account. I have never heard of them reviewing the recorded calls. It might happen, but I've just never heard of it being done. They DO record calls in text in the "notes" on every booking.

I think with having your TA gone and another one stepping in, it caused all kinds of problems for you and I sincerely hope you get what you want.

Good TAs are worth their weight in gold and it's very hard to find a conscientious one that will work all hours of the day & night to make your cruise what you want it to be. Good luck.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

We have three future celebrity bookings (all in an A2) that include all three perks from that big place up in NH.

Eclipse 14 day booked 04/18/14 all three plus deployment offer

Equinox 10 day booked 07/02/15 all three

Equinox 11 day booked 12/22/14 all three

Even though we always book thru a TA, there is a booking slip from Celebrity attached to the confirmation with the details, minus what the TA offered. Every thing prints out and is saved online also.

Hope you resolve this to your satisfaction - keep us posted.

Hal

. Something's not right here. I suspect either itinerary or group, especially with the $500 lower price. Is it too late to book with big better best?

I agree. The $500 discount is a clue.

Joe,

1. Did your agent put you in a group booking?

2. If you are not in a group booking than your agent gave you a discount by giving back part of their commission. This usually ranges from 5% to 10% although few have posted about a 10% discount that is not part of a group booking. So 8% would be more typical. In order to figure the amount out you need to know the cost per couple without taxes, port fees, and non commissionable expenses.

$500 is a big discount and would be more typical with a group booking, but without knowing what you paid and the percentage you got off of Celebrity's price at the time we cannot advise.

There is a fishy website that you can go to and find out the standard price of your cruise at the time that you booked (but need to deduct the non commissionable amount to find your percentage discount).

Edited by Jade13

We had a concierge stateroom on our August cruise this year. We had the 123go but only allowed 2 of the 3 perks. All 3 were never part of the deal at all.

I'm pretty sure your cruise date didn't

Qualify for the promo being discussed here.

• 3 weeks later...

NEW UPDATE:

After 3 1/2 weeks, we finally got the Go Better promotion added to our booking. We won't get all 3, but....as today is the final day before final payment, I'm glad to get this. BTW, our travel agency listened to our recordings, and 3 people told me that they (the TA) were to blame. But since we were still able to cancel, they fought us on adding the perks. One couple did cancel, and cancelled a Vacation Plan she purchased with them also. This has been the worst travel experience I have EVER encountered. I ended up going to USAA insurance, which sub contracts this travel agency. I had to log a complaint with them. The travel agency is Explore Cruise and Travel, and you must be a USAA member to book through them. In order to be a USAA member, you must be a military member or veteran, or the family member of a veteran. So this is how this company treats veterans!

BUT, the cruise is now booked, and I am going! Time to start looking at excursions! And boy, am I going to enjoy that beverage package on board!!!

I have often wondered why the perks don't show up on the (web site) completed reservation form, especially after final payment? Last year my beverage package was not on my seapass and the Celebrity response was "call your travel agent", even though I had a copy of the TA invoice. You know how difficult it is to reach your TA on a Sunday (with the first 2 days as sea days)! It did work out, but I feel it would have been much simpler if any perks were included on the Celebrity paperwork.

The beverage package does show on the website. If you go to Manage Reservation and look at Order History the free beverage package will show as Wave Promo- Classic with a $0.00 charge. I always check a few weeks after booking and if it doesn't show I am on the phone to the TA. Also closer to sailing the beverage package shows in the Edocs.