Best Champagne and Chardonnay with Premium package

cricketgal

I am a champagne lover and one of my favourites is Veuve Clicquot. is there anything similar available in the Premium package.

if not, any suggestions on how best to get a premium champagne (without paying a lot extra)? We plan on getting the premium package on our upcoming cruise. I have heard that getting to know your Sommelier and tipping can sometimes encourage them to let you try some of the wines not typically offered with the package. I don't mind paying a bit extra per glass, but not usually looking to buy the whole bottle, even with the discount.

Also, I am a Chardonnay drinker and typically like the California or Australia Chardonnays, as I like a buttery, somewhat oakey Chardonnay. Any suggestions regarding this as well?

I am a champagne lover and one of my favourites is Veuve Clicquot. is there anything similar available in the Premium package.

if not, any suggestions on how best to get a premium champagne (without paying a lot extra)? We plan on getting the premium package on our upcoming cruise. I have heard that getting to know your Sommelier and tipping can sometimes encourage them to let you try some of the wines not typically offered with the package. I don't mind paying a bit extra per glass, but not usually looking to buy the whole bottle, even with the discount.

Also, I am a Chardonnay drinker and typically like the California or Australia Chardonnays, as I like a buttery, somewhat oakey Chardonnay. Any suggestions regarding this as well?

I like the Domaine Chandon champagne which is on the premium pkg (the one on the classic pkg is terrible). I saw on these boards that the Celebrity Chardonnay is produced by Kendall Jackson so you might want to try it.

Hello fellow Champagne Lover!!!! Thank you for asking this...March will be our first cruise using the premium package so I'm terribly curious about what Champagne I have access to also!

There's a good one for about $22 but I don't remember the name. On premium, you only pay the difference.

There's a good one for about $22 but I don't remember the name. On premium, you only pay the difference.

Perrier-Jouet - is a wonderful champagne (I prefer it to Veuve Clicquot personally). $22 per glass seems a bit much to me though - I got a whole bottle for $40 recently at a local grocery store.

The Domaine Carneros sparking wine is free with the premium package. It's also delicious, and regularly scores 90+ points in reviews. It is California grown and so not champagne technically, but is owned by Taittinger (French champagne house) and the Los Carneros AVA where it is grown produces some really great grapes. This is what I'm planning to mostly drink for my cruises. :)

I won't comment on Chardonnays - buttery/oakey is not my thing. I'll take a nice, crisp sauvignon blanc please.

Edited by tacrum43

Not very knowledgeable when it comes to Champagne but two California chardonnays that come to mind are La Crema which I believe is sold onboard and Sonoma-Cutrer from the Russian River Valley, bringing that one onboard for balcony consumption.

Perrier-Jouet - is a wonderful champagne (I prefer it to Veuve Clicquot personally). $22 per glass seems a bit much to me though - I got a whole bottle for $40 recently at a local grocery store.

The Domaine Carneros sparking wine is free with the premium package. It's also delicious, and regularly scores 90+ points in reviews. It is California grown and so not champagne technically, but is owned by Taittinger (French champagne house) and the Los Carneros AVA where it is grown produces some really great grapes. This is what I'm planning to mostly drink for my cruises. :)

I won't comment on Chardonnays - buttery/oakey is not my thing. I'll take a nice, crisp sauvignon blanc please.

Hey all

Thanks for the great tips. I have had the Celebrity Chardonnay on past cruise and it was pretty decent. Didn't realize it was made by Kendall Jackson, but that is good to know as I do enjoy that wine.

Thanks for the info re the champagne suggestions as well.

I also like a good quality Sauv Blanc. Can't abide the cheap ones though, so would love some suggestions about that as well. I am fond of Kim Crawford and Stoneleigh, so any similar to those would be a good suggestion.

I don't really mind paying the difference between premium max ($14 I believe?) and $22 for the good champagne once in a while, so will definitely treat myself to try it, especially since you say it is comparable to Veuve Chicquot or better.

We were on the Equinox in Sept. In Spain and ate in Luminae most nights and had a nice cava and Chandon to start most nights without a charge.I love Domains Carneros but was not available on our cruise! Our sommelier after a few nights and some extra tips loved pairing wines after we would decide our meals.Victor from Portugal was a joy to see every night always smiling and bringing us great wine ! We miss all the great staff on Celebrity that we met!:D

Hey all

Thanks for the great tips. I have had the Celebrity Chardonnay on past cruise and it was pretty decent. Didn't realize it was made by Kendall Jackson, but that is good to know as I do enjoy that wine.

Thanks for the info re the champagne suggestions as well.

I also like a good quality Sauv Blanc. Can't abide the cheap ones though, so would love some suggestions about that as well. I am fond of Kim Crawford and Stoneleigh, so any similar to those would be a good suggestion.

I don't really mind paying the difference between premium max ($14 I believe?) and $22 for the good champagne once in a while, so will definitely treat myself to try it, especially since you say it is comparable to Veuve Chicquot or better.

If you like Kim Crawford, try the Clifford Bay Sauv Blanc, also from New Zealand. It tasted great was was included in the Premium package at $10.50.

We were on the Equinox in Sept. In Spain and ate in Luminae most nights and had a nice cava and Chandon to start most nights without a charge.I love Domains Carneros but was not available on our cruise! Our sommelier after a few nights and some extra tips loved pairing wines after we would decide our meals.Victor from Portugal was a joy to see every night always smiling and bringing us great wine ! We miss all the great staff on Celebrity that we met!:D

We loved Vitor when we were in the Equinox in November. By the end of the cruise he had brought us pretty much every wine available by the glass to match our meals and we loved them all. His suggestions were great and we enjoyed some that we never would have tried on our own. It really made me look forward to dinner in Luminae with Vitor.

We loved Vitor when we were in the Equinox in November. By the end of the cruise he had brought us pretty much every wine available by the glass to match our meals and we loved them all. His suggestions were great and we enjoyed some that we never would have tried on our own. It really made me look forward to dinner in Luminae with Vitor.

We just booked SS Panama canal 2018 just loved our room and Luminae and will save extra in the next two years for that luxury!!!

You know, I may be mistaken. I thought I had read Domaine Carneros was on the premium list. Maybe it is Chandon (also California, but made by same people who bring you Moet-Chandon and Dom Perignon). Both are good. :o

Edited by tacrum43

You know, I may be mistaken. I thought I had read Domaine Carneros was on the premium list. Maybe it is Chandon (also California, but made by same people who bring you Moet-Chandon and Dom Perignon). Both are good. :o

We have been club members at Domain Carneros for over 15 years so I probably would have made a major dent in supply :D And I did mean to write Vitor as the sommelier in Luminae! Fabulous

I really enjoyed being in a suite and was able to go to Michael's Club. I asked the first day if MC would get the Perrier Jouet champagne and the Glacier Bay ice wine at their bar. Next day, it was there.

Very nice to have a glass or three of champagne before dinner (normally selling at $22 per glass) and a couple of ice wines after dinner ($31) at no extra cost.

Sky Suites now can use Michael' Club. Do it!

• 1 month later...

On recent Constellation cruise, no Clifford Bay, now serving Brancott Sauvignon Blanc. I drink this at home and it's almost as good as the Kim Crawford . Most all the Marlborough NZ wines are excellent !

This is from premium package. None on classic but sometimes available at elite lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by lucielou526

The Napa Valley Domaine Chandon is an excellent champagne and is on the premium list....we plan on having many glasses a day! :p And if you ever get a chance to visit their tasting room and facilities you need to do it, one of the nicest in Napa....