Sour Cream

MotherofTrips

I know this is a really crazy question but do the restaurants on the Breakaway have sour team ? One of my daughters loves steak (that's all she gets when we go out to dinner) but she has to have sour cream with it. If they don't I going to have to bring it on board..lol

sour cream is something i am sure is on the ship and they should be able to source it for you. if you are at a specialty restaurant, you can give them a heads up so they can have some ready for your reservation.

but i would expect if steak is on the menu so is baked potatoes and those generally have sour cream as a topping.

The cruise is also the kids vacation and if sour cream will add to the enjoyment of her dinner then why wouldn't I accommodate. I am assuming that TXAGFAN does not have kids [emoji6]

I'm guessing he or she was simply making a joke. My kids are grown now, but when they were younger I always involved them in vacation planning and made sure we were doing things the entire family would enjoy. :D

As others have said, there will be sour cream for baked potatoes so there will be some on the ship. Your daughter should be just fine. :p

^^. Thank you guys. One less thing to bring with me...lol. The kids are so excited for this trip. This will be their 5th cruise but the last time we cruised they were 8 so they didn't really plan or anticipate anything. We will be celebrating them graduating from 8th grade

The cruise is also the kids vacation and if sour cream will add to the enjoyment of her dinner then why wouldn't I accommodate. I am assuming that TXAGFAN does not have kids [emoji6]
No kids, I've taken my 8yo nephew on a couple cruises though.

I think your question by itself is a funny one, but the comment that you will BRING sour cream on board puts it way over the top. I am trying to think of an equivalent and I've decided it would be like bringing bacon ranch to Buffalo Wild Wings b/c they only have ranch and you must have bacon ranch for your wings. It's hysterical.

Was just poking a little fun though since no one had posted. Glad you were able to see the sarcasm.

Edited by txagfan

No kids, I've taken my 8yo nephew on a couple cruises though.

I think your question by itself is a funny one, but the comment that you will BRING sour cream on board puts it way over the top. I am trying to think of an equivalent and I've decided it would be like bringing bacon ranch to Buffalo Wild Wings b/c they only have ranch and you must have bacon ranch for your wings. It's hysterical.

Was just poking a little fun though since no one had posted. Glad you were able to see the sarcasm.

I didn't even bother doing a search first because I knew it was probably a first..lol. Seriously though as much as my 14 yr old loves Filet Mignon she won't eat it without sour cream! Once we went to Olive Garden for a birthday dinner for my mom and my daughter got steak (she does not like Italian food) and they don't have sour cream....my husband walked across the parking lot to a Red Lobster and brought sour cream back for her! My daughter is a funny girl and when I showed her your post she was laughing...she was like "Wait....What??? what did he say?? Let me see that again!" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Edited by MotherofTrips

I didn't even bother doing a search first because I knew it was probably a first..lol. Seriously though as much as my 14 yr old loves Filet Mignon she won't eat it without sour cream! Once we went to Olive Garden for a birthday dinner for my mom and my daughter got steak (she does not like Italian food) and they don't have sour cream....my husband walked across the parking lot to a Red Lobster and brought sour cream back for her! My daughter is a funny girl and when I showed her your post she was laughing...she was like "Wait....What??? what did he say?? Let me see that again!" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Your husband is a saint ... I would have told my daughter to order chicken. :)

Well, hopefully she likes the brand of ketchup on the ship. You might have to walk across the pier to the Carnival ship and check and see what they have.

Edited by ColinIllinois

I didn't even bother doing a search first because I knew it was probably a first..lol. Seriously though as much as my 14 yr old loves Filet Mignon she won't eat it without sour cream! Once we went to Olive Garden for a birthday dinner for my mom and my daughter got steak (she does not like Italian food) and they don't have sour cream....my husband walked across the parking lot to a Red Lobster and brought sour cream back for her!

Wow. Never. Thank goodness my husband would never do this. I'd kill him!

Great now to add to CCs must have cruising lists ...flashlight, highlighter, closet door hangy, magnets, big old tub of Daisy sour cream!

Now that I know they have sour cream were good! Lol. I never brought a flashlight though (will have to add that to my list....and thanks for reminding me about the magnets...I never brought them before either!

Edited by MotherofTrips

If you are dining at a specialty restaurant you may want to stop by before hand and ask them to have some sour cream on stand by. I am positive that they have sour cream in the main dining room so at the very least they may have to get a cup of it from there before your reservation time. If you dine at le Bistro for instance I've heard they have a wonderful filet but I don't think they have baked potato on their menu so maybe that would be an example of needing to pre arrange the accesability.

I know this is a really crazy question but do the restaurants on the Breakaway have sour team ? One of my daughters loves steak (that's all she gets when we go out to dinner) but she has to have sour cream with it. If they don't I going to have to bring it on board..lol

Typically any restaurant that serves steaks will also have baked potatoes, and as we all know a favorite dressing for baked potatoes is sour cream. If a restaurant has steak it will have sour cream. The problem might be in the wait for it to be delivered to you. As we all know things that are out of the ordinary tend to throw the staff off and cause slow downs, but your daughter will have her favorite dressing.