West Coast Getaway with San Diego on the Crown Princess

slabadini

You will board in the order you arrive after suite and elite guests. I concur the MDR is more relaxed for lunch. I like to go to Balboa Park when in San Diego, so much to see there. I'll be on the Crown Feb 9 right after you and the only complaint I have is that these 4 nights go by too quickly.

Edited by cruzsnooze

My wife and I will be on the cruise leaving tomorrow as well. It's our first princess cruise, having been on royal caribbean and Norwegian in the past.

Question about Anytime Dining - can you make reservations? And do they have tables for 2? On Norwegian we could make a reservation that morning, and we generally could get a table for 2 with the same server each night.

thanks! And see some of you tomorrow :)

My wife and I will be on the cruise leaving tomorrow as well. It's our first princess cruise, having been on royal caribbean and Norwegian in the past.

Question about Anytime Dining - can you make reservations? And do they have tables for 2? On Norwegian we could make a reservation that morning, and we generally could get a table for 2 with the same server each night.

thanks! And see some of you tomorrow :)

Each ship handles this differently. For the most part if they take reservations there are none allowed between peak times 6p-7:30p or close to that.

If you wish to eat a a table for 2 see the Head Waiter at the door.

While I'm a loyal Princess cruiser and have never sailed on Celebrity I don't think I've ever seen a post where people said Princess is a step above Celebrity. I have, however, seen a number of posts stating that they have more similarities than differences.

My husband and I most recently cruised on Celebrity Silhouette two years ago in March to the Western Caribbean and it was a wonderful week. We spent a bit more to stay in a "Spa" Concierge-class cabin but ended up not really using the extra amenities so probably was not worth the extra $$$ above staying in a regular balcony room. The food on Celebrity was of course very good but it wasn't exactly what I would call the friendliest ship I've been on... Yes, it definitely caters to non-families which was fine with us as we don't have children. I've heard so many good things about Princess over the years that we decided to book on the Crown Princess for five weeks from today and are really looking forward to it. We managed to snag the very last aft-facing balcony on the Baja deck so should make for an interesting experience.

About the Crowne Princess.

It's notorious for having the noro virus. Embarkation is always delayed due to "deep cleaning of the ship." We experienced this problem when we did the California Coastal. Embarkation from hell! We flew into LAX and had a Princess transfer (mistake #1). We sat at a hotel for 4 hours before boarding a bus to take us to the port. We sat on the bus for another 4 hours with no water or bathroom facilities. The lines were backed up and it was chaos! I have a tendency to forget about bad things that happen on a ship but this Crown incident I will never forget.

We won't take the coastal cruise again - because we live in California and have been to all the places the ship goes to. We just wanted to get away, and get away we did.:eek:

I guess my hint was too late:) At least it is working now...

In my experience those specific ship links only work if you are logged in. When I have tried them in the past I have received the nothing found error.

Don't worry you are not going crazy.

It's notorious for having the noro virus. Embarkation is always delayed due to "deep cleaning of the ship." We experienced this problem when we did the California Coastal. Embarkation from hell! We flew into LAX and had a Princess transfer (mistake #1). We sat at a hotel for 4 hours before boarding a bus to take us to the port. We sat on the bus for another 4 hours with no water or bathroom facilities. The lines were backed up and it was chaos! I have a tendency to forget about bad things that happen on a ship but this Crown incident I will never forget.

We won't take the coastal cruise again - because we live in California and have been to all the places the ship goes to. We just wanted to get away, and get away we did.:eek:

We sailed Crown and had a wonderful cruise. No hint of noro. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on Crown again.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Edited by Thrak

I've sailed the Crown 3 times and never experienced noro. It's not the ship that has noro, it's brought on by passengers.

I've sailed the Crown 3 times and never experienced noro. It's not the ship that has noro, it's brought on by passengers.

Yes, I know that the virus is brought on board and it stays on board until Princess thinks they have eradicated it. They can blame delay boarding on a virus, they use to blame it on security or customs.:rolleyes:

We sailed Crown and had a wonderful cruise. No hint of noro. I wouldn't hesitate to sail on Crown again.

I've sailed a total of about 2 months on the Crown without any norovirus.

Short cruises (3-4 days) result in twice as many passengers in comparison to a one week cruise. Thus the ship has many more potentially sick passengers per week & with a new strain of norovirus to the US they're forecasting a 50% increase of cases this winter.

It doesn't matter which ship is sailing short getaway cruises it's more likely to have more cases of norovirus.

Edited by Astro Flyer

No kidding...another exaggeration. :rolleyes:

Our cruise didn't have it last October nor did my cruise in January 2015 have it.

Ever been on the Star with noro? I have. Been there done that. No more sausage ship for me.:eek:

I get really tired of the "fill-in-the-blank" ship always has noro posts. Safeway, Ralph's, Piggly Wiggly, etc. ALL are noro centers. Schools , libraries, theaters, etc. are ALL noro centers. Get over it.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Edited by Thrak

It's notorious for having the noro virus.

I concurr......The 4 or 5 times we have been on this ship it has been a case of the ship returning from the previous cruise with the dreaded Norovirus on it.

Luckily we have always managed to steer clear of the virus.

For some reason, it sticks out as the ship that is most afflicted with Norovirus.

That's a real pity because she IS a pretty ship.

I concurr......The 4 or 5 times we have been on this ship it has been a case of the ship returning from the previous cruise with the dreaded Norovirus on it.

Luckily we have always managed to steer clear of the virus.

For some reason, it sticks out as the ship that is most afflicted with Norovirus.

That's a real pity because she IS a pretty ship.

I saw a statistic somewhere showing the Princess ships and noro, and Crown wasn't number one. I have been on the Crown four times in the last two years, and never was there Noro, and never was the ship delayed from a deep cleaning. However, I hope all of you continue to fear because that will mean more room for me. :)

Edited by shredie