Not allowed to hold cruises?

unless its changed recently you can still hold a cruise by going through the booking process online. They stopped placing courtesy holds over the phone some time ago but as of October you could still hold a cruise by booking online just like you were purchasing but when it asks for payment you have the option to pay later. After that you can simply log back in to your RCCL account or with the booking number from the confirmation email they will send you. This may have changed but was still the policy in Oct when I last booked with RCCL

None of the itineraries I monitor lately allow for holds online or over the phone anymore.

Some TAs may allow it tho.

Same here. My courtesy hold button has been gone for a while now. It reappeared briefly when they updated the website but is gone again

Same here. My courtesy hold button has been gone for a while now. It reappeared briefly when they updated the website but is gone again

This came up before and the same cruises I checked then that had the courtesy hold no longer have it now. It's mind boggling. :eek:

Just checked, I still have the option for a courtesy hold. Dec 3 2016 Rhapsody out of Tampa.

I can place a hold on a Jan 10 2016 Allure cruise, and all payment is due now. Maybe it is working for some and not others, RCCL testing those who do have access and those who do not?

Welcome to Royal Caribbean's website. Just out of curiosity I checked that December 3rd sailing and there is no courtesy hold available for me. None for the January 10th either and I used two different browsers. It's right up there with the site being down for some and not for others.