Does the Diamond have Kettles?

Stuartm

We were pleasantly surprised on the Sapphire earlier this year that each cabin had a kettle and a couple of mugs (with no handles,ouch!) and I wondered if the Diamond, as she is based in Asia along with the Sapphire, have kettles also. I'll pack my coffee plunger if they do.

cheers

Stu

We were pleasantly surprised on the Sapphire earlier this year that each cabin had a kettle and a couple of mugs (with no handles,ouch!) and I wondered if the Diamond, as she is based in Asia along with the Sapphire, have kettles also. I'll pack my coffee plunger if they do.

cheers

Stu

Stu, we also loved he kettles on Sapphire.

I have cruised on the Diamond to NZ, no kettles and done Beijing to Vancouver, no kettles. They were a couple of years ago, perhaps someone has more recent experience.

I loved having a kettle on the Voyager, so hoping the Explorer also has them next week.

I take Robert Timms coffee bags, and get teabags and sugar from the buffet....also get a coffee mug full of milk to put in the fridge, so handy and saves room service.

I think Princess should take Royals lead and have kettles in all cabins:p

Chez

I have cruised on the Diamond to NZ, no kettles and done Beijing to Vancouver, no kettles. They were a couple of years ago, perhaps someone has more recent experience.

I loved having a kettle on the Voyager, so hoping the Explorer also has them next week.

I take Robert Timms coffee bags, and get teabags and sugar from the buffet....also get a coffee mug full of milk to put in the fridge, so handy and saves room service.

Chez

Had lovely bright green ones with cups with no handles and lots of green tea sachets. This was on a Japan cruise on Diamond in August this year. Maybe will take them out for Australians - anybody's guess. I loved it and just brought tea bags down from the buffet. If they don't have them you can order room service at any time or for breakfast fill out the card in your cabin to have it delivered at a set time.

Chez

Last time I was on the Diamond was Sydney to Beijing in 2011 and no kettles then. But I was travelling with a travel kettle so I used that just for the first 'real' coffee of the day.

cheers

Stu

Maybe will take them out for Australians - anybody's guess.

Guess we can't be trusted with electrical appliances.:confused:

Was on the Diamond in October and no kettles in cabins

Thanks for clearing that up.

cheers

Stu

No kettles and they won't let you bring a travel kettle on board which I personally find very frustrating:(

They say they are a fire hazard and yet we get both a kettle and coffee maker on Royal Caribbean:confused:

Cheers

Di

I had a kettle on the Diamond around Japan, have been on many royal caribbean both in and out of australia and also mediterranean and no kettles on any of those, maybe royal have changed though last cruise with them was only this last April to Singapore from Sydney on the Rhapsody.

No doubt that the electric jugs were put on Sapphire/Diamond for the Japanese pax to partake of their green tea.

Same as P&O UK have electric jugs, tea/coffee/bikkies in every cabin on all their ships, all the time.

Blows the safety concerns out of the water.

No doubt that the electric jugs were put on Sapphire/Diamond for the Japanese pax to partake of their green tea.

Same as P&O UK have electric jugs, tea/coffee/bikkies in every cabin on all their ships, all the time.

Blows the safety concerns out of the water.

By supplying their own they (the cruise line) have control over the quality/serviceability of the appliance.

Edited by lyndarra
typo

By supplying their own they (the cruise line) have control over the quality/serviceability of the appliance.

Indeed, I noticed on Aurora/Oriana the electric jugs were tested/certified every 3 months.

Way to go, the Japanese and Brits are not the only ones who like to make a brew in their cabins, we do as well.

I had a kettle on the Diamond around Japan, have been on many royal caribbean both in and out of australia and also mediterranean and no kettles on any of those, maybe royal have changed though last cruise with them was only this last April to Singapore from Sydney on the Rhapsody.

I had a kettle with mugs on a Royal Caribbean cruise last year. Roundtrip sailing out of Southampton (UK) to the Mediterranean.