Diamond Lounge / Suite Perks Speculation - Empress of the Seas

Garavar

So with RC's website finally up and allowing bookings of Empress, it got me thinking what is RC going to do for Diamond and up, and Suites?

If anyone has any information or speculation please post here.

I certainly hope that RC at the very minimum mirror's majesty. By giving Diamond and above and suites cocktail hour in Viking Crown.

I would think RC would at least do this so it doesn't deter CA members from not booking. But then again the VCL is small and closing it might crowd the 4 remaining bars for the other passengers. Thoughts?

I for one would like it if RC gave OS/RS guests free drink or dinning packages. There are only what, 4 OS/RS so Royal wouldn't lose that much and it would be at least some incentive for booking a Suite.

What else would everyone like to see added for Suites? Or Diamond and Up Members solely on Empress?

given the paucity of suites, I think your idea for a drink package included for that level is a good one.

As far as Diamonds, well, they have the drink vouchers to be used anywhere. I am a Diamond member and enjoyed use of the VCL on majesty too, but I don't agree with the VCL being closed off to others. On such a small party ship as Empress one would hope they actually wake up and start using the VCL for all.

I don't think RCI needs to change a whole lot in what they are doing for loyalty members on this ship, though I like your idea for suites.

Drink Vouchers for Diamond makes sense, but if they did that and didnt hold a cocktail hour then Suites would get nothing. Unless they add drink vouchers to suites as well.

Also, I dont know about others, but my girlfriend and I go to CL for the atmopshere and the small appetizers. We barely drink. So it would be nice to have a cocktail hour but you are right, its properly not feasible.

In looking at the Deck Plans, I saw no Concierge or Diamond Lounge. There were two card rooms on Deck 8, however that might be converted.

My guess is that part of the Windjammer will be used to host a nightly cocktail hour.

Though only a small number of suites, there will be Pinnacles on board, also.

So opening Chops for Breakfast for Gold colored cardholders would not be an unreasonable expectation.

True...I wonder when they will answer Suite Perks for Empress.

Reserved Pool Deck seating for gold card would be nice on a party ship so you don't have to fight a jock for a seat. But that is even more unlikely cause Majesty doesn't have that right?

Another perk they might not do is Breakfast in Chops for Suite guests because with only 6 suite cabins it would cost too much to open chops.

Hmmm starting to second guess my choice to book OS on Empress

They offered breakfast at Chops to all guests for a fee of $10 on my Liberty sailing, while it was complementary for Suites and Pinnacles. I dined there 4 of the 13 days for breakfast and it was a great option.

Vision used to offer a special section of the dining room daily for suite guests.

They could easily do one of these options on Empress.

Don't ships without a Diamond Lounge get a "Nightly Diamond Event"?

Really, as of now the only 2 ships without a Diamond Lounge are the Majesty and Jewel. Both of them have taken part of a lounge (Viking crown on both) and have the same drinks you get in the Concierge Lounge, just without a concierge (on Majesty there is no concierge for anyone). The Diamond Event of just Wine, Champagne and Soda is gone.

On the new deck plan for the Empress there is no Concierge or Diamond Club, so perhaps they will do what they are doing on the Majesty - Taking part or all of a lounge for Diamond and Above guests or they could just have guests use their 3 complementary drinks on their card. I guess we won't know until April.

True...I wonder when they will answer Suite Perks for Empress.

Reserved Pool Deck seating for gold card would be nice on a party ship so you don't have to fight a jock for a seat. But that is even more unlikely cause Majesty doesn't have that right?

On a "party" ship as long as you are on the pool deck by 10-11 am it is deserted up there. I have been some short cruises people were upset they weren't serving breakfast still at 1pm.... :eek:

So with RC's website finally up and allowing bookings of Empress, it got me thinking what is RC going to do for Diamond and up, and Suites?

I certainly hope that RC at the very minimum mirror's majesty. By giving Diamond and above and suites cocktail hour in Viking Crown.

I would think RC would at least do this so it doesn't deter CA members from not booking. But then again the VCL is small and closing it might crowd the 4 remaining bars for the other passengers. Thoughts?

I for one would like it if RC gave OS/RS guests free drink or dinning packages. There are only what, 4 OS/RS so Royal wouldn't lose that much and it would be at least some incentive for booking a Suite.

What else would everyone like to see added for Suites? Or Diamond and Up Members solely on Empress?

I am surprised that considering in NCL sky is an all inclusive ship that they have not announced all inclusive options for the Empress of the seas. I remember at one point they announced the Royal suite class was coming to the majesty, but that has since been removed from the website.

I would not expect any perks. This is a tiny ship for party cruises made to compete with the tiny junk that NCL and carnival runs on there three day bahamas. I would not expect anywhere near the perks or luxury that there is on the bigger ships. Thats not what it's intended for. In my opinion they are going to scrap the majesty since they have had so many problems lately and use this new Dingy in it's place.

It's a great option for people that like the super small ships for the 3 day drunken runs. But I would seriously doubt it's going to offer much for the Diamond plus/ pinnacle folks

I would not expect any perks. This is a tiny ship for party cruises made to compete with the tiny junk that NCL and carnival runs on there three day bahamas. I would not expect anywhere near the perks or luxury that there is on the bigger ships. Thats not what it's intended for. In my opinion they are going to scrap the majesty since they have had so many problems lately and use this new Dingy in it's place.

It's a great option for people that like the super small ships for the 3 day drunken runs. But I would seriously doubt it's going to offer much for the Diamond plus/ pinnacle folks

But the Majesty is going to PC, with Enchantment replacing her as the current weekend booze cruise.

I have to agree with this. The Empress is being billed as a party ship. They won't spend a ton of money on any extras. They may try to squeeze in more cabins for revenue. Party, Chill, Repeat.

BUT, I was told last week, by the Captain of the Allure, that Empress would soon be Royal's Cuba Ship!!

BUT, I was told last week, by the Captain of the Allure, that Empress would soon be Royal's Cuba Ship!!

Normally I would take crew speculation with a big grain of salt, but on my January 2015 Enchantment cruise, I asked my waitress if she knew what ship would replace Majesty in Miami and she said Enchantment would.

So who knows, maybe RC keeps its entire staff informed.