Silhouette Dec 13-20th-what an amazing time

karena1

I am not going to write a long review as I just don't have the time. Will try to hit some highlights

We left out of FLL at the old terminal-thankfully lots of signs saying it was being either remodeled or turn down. I don't care what they do as long as they make it better. Embarkation wasn't horrible, just a little disorganized. That being said we were on the ship with a glass of champagne in our hands by 10:45.

Ship is gorgeous. Love all the public spaces. Told my hubby the bathroom by the pool was so gorgeous and clean they could pull a cot in there and I would sleep there-lol!!! Pool decks were really nice and we loved it. We had a bev pkg and had outstanding service at the pool and anywhere on the ship

Food-I am not a foody as I only eat chicken (no other meat or seafood) but hubby thought the food on this ship was the best he has had in 20+ years of cruising. I will say I thought they had fantastic choices both in the buffet and diningroom (we don't do specialty restaurants). The buffet had made to order food the day of embarkation which I thought was really cool. Love the layout of the buffet dining area and especially being able to sit outside in the morning for coffee and mimosas before leaving the ship. The other thing I loved about the buffet was being able to get specialty coffee for hubby in the buffet and me being able to get my Diet Coke and then a mimosa right away. it was great.

Shows-thought they were all really good with the exception of the comedian the first night. We walked out on him he was so boring. Rest of the week we went to every show at night and loved it. Also loved that the early show was at 7 so we could go to the show and then go to Select Dining and have dinner.

Sky Lounge-really enjoyed the VIP party every night for Elite and above. Since we had the pkg, we could get anything we wanted. Our main guy Bojan was a treat, so pleasant. We went up there every night for drinks and bites. The servers came around with trays of bites to select from. They were not bad. Lots of nights music also while up there. We enjoyed the view, the drinks/food and company.

Weather-could not have been better. other than embarkation where it rained off/on the rest of the week could not have been more perfect. Barely a cloud, in the 80's every day, lots of sunshine. My perfect way to vacation.

Labadee- have to give a should out to the island boss Michelle MacGregor. We have not seen her since she left CocoCay and we were so thrilled that she was on the island that day. Had a fantastic conversation with her and was just so awesome to see her again. Michelle we love you, thanks for everything that day!!!!!

Disembarkation-God they need to destroy this terminal!!! What a mess getting off the ship and getting luggage! We got off and had to wait almost 1/2 hour to get our luggage, it was insane! Worst disembarkation we have ever had.

Overall-what a fantastic week. We will do another Solstice Class ship for sure. They were amazing.

If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer- but we did no specialty restaurants or excursions, spa treatment or the like. Anything else, I will try to help with.

I am not going to write a long review as I just don't have the time. Will try to hit some highlights

We left out of FLL at the old terminal-thankfully lots of signs saying it was being either remodeled or turn down. I don't care what they do as long as they make it better. Embarkation wasn't horrible, just a little disorganized. That being said we were on the ship with a glass of champagne in our hands by 10:45.

Ship is gorgeous. Love all the public spaces. Told my hubby the bathroom by the pool was so gorgeous and clean they could pull a cot in there and I would sleep there-lol!!! Pool decks were really nice and we loved it. We had a bev pkg and had outstanding service at the pool and anywhere on the ship

Food-I am not a foody as I only eat chicken (no other meat or seafood) but hubby thought the food on this ship was the best he has had in 20+ years of cruising. I will say I thought they had fantastic choices both in the buffet and diningroom (we don't do specialty restaurants). The buffet had made to order food the day of embarkation which I thought was really cool. Love the layout of the buffet dining area and especially being able to sit outside in the morning for coffee and mimosas before leaving the ship. The other thing I loved about the buffet was being able to get specialty coffee for hubby in the buffet and me being able to get my Diet Coke and then a mimosa right away. it was great.

Shows-thought they were all really good with the exception of the comedian the first night. We walked out on him he was so boring. Rest of the week we went to every show at night and loved it. Also loved that the early show was at 7 so we could go to the show and then go to Select Dining and have dinner.

Sky Lounge-really enjoyed the VIP party every night for Elite and above. Since we had the pkg, we could get anything we wanted. Our main guy Bojan was a treat, so pleasant. We went up there every night for drinks and bites. The servers came around with trays of bites to select from. They were not bad. Lots of nights music also while up there. We enjoyed the view, the drinks/food and company.

Weather-could not have been better. other than embarkation where it rained off/on the rest of the week could not have been more perfect. Barely a cloud, in the 80's every day, lots of sunshine. My perfect way to vacation.

Labadee- have to give a should out to the island boss Michelle MacGregor. We have not seen her since she left CocoCay and we were so thrilled that she was on the island that day. Had a fantastic conversation with her and was just so awesome to see her again. Michelle we love you, thanks for everything that day!!!!!

Disembarkation-God they need to destroy this terminal!!! What a mess getting off the ship and getting luggage! We got off and had to wait almost 1/2 hour to get our luggage, it was insane! Worst disembarkation we have ever had.

Overall-what a fantastic week. We will do another Solstice Class ship for sure. They were amazing.

If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer- but we did no specialty restaurants or excursions, spa treatment or the like. Anything else, I will try to help with.

Your after-effect of content excitement really comes through. Nice to read.

- Joel

We were on this sailing too. I might do a review but not sure yet.

We had a great time to and bar service was fantastic, best we have had in all our X cruises. Shows were hit or miss for us. Food, while acceptable, was not as good as we remember and mentioned it in the post cruise survey. Getting chairs at the pool was not a problem. I am missing the cruise so much!

Edited by Sandy1975

Also on the same sailing and really enjoyed ourselves. Like the OP we left during the opening night comedian-not our cup of tea. Our first time in Aqua Class and dining in Blu was great. For my taste, the entrees were ok, but I thought the starters and desserts great. Wonderful service, as always. Son and girlfriend sailed with us, their first time. He's had a rough year which included loss of a lower limb, and was able to get around and do the shore excursions he wanted to do with no problems.

I was on this cruise also. Have to agree the cruise was fantastic. Good food, entertainment was great (always enjoy Jane Curry), staff was very accommodating & pleasant (both the room steward & dining staff), perfect weather and enjoyed the ports even with being at some them several times before. It was my 1st time to Labedee and was pleasantly surprised. Nicest cruise ship only port I been to. Tried the zip-line, it was good. :D

I happened to like the comedian the 1st night. I am fan of comedy clubs. Even went to the after-hours show he did. They had a nice crowd and he was good with the give and take with the audience. Glad Celebrity has moved these from Celebrity Central to the Main Theater. Many times in the past I would go down to the Celebrity Central to catch the after-hour shows and not get in.

Edited by Banjo

We were on the sailing as well. Had a great time. I enjoyed all the shows. It was the very first cruise for our neighbors and they had a great time as well. I think they are hooked. We have already booked the Transatlantic crossing on the Silouette on Nov 4, 2017.

Ron

We also had a great time on this sailing. I've never met such an enthusiastic crew! Our disembarkation was actually the fastest we've ever had, but we had an early time. The new future sales center is very nice and well-staffed. We booked for the same week next year and found that they are going to Key West instead of Labadee.

It just was awesome all around. We also have been to all the islands many times but we love the Caribbean so do not mind going back to the same places.

Weather was so perfect. We talked to a lot of people that liked the comedian, just not for us. I agree that Jayne was wonderful, what an entertainer. Celebrity is lucky to have her exclusively for the next year!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We did and today went to the beach. Heading to the beach again tomorrow. Love living in SWFL!!!!

the Ginger bread staircase set up, Sorry for the people on this cruise that has to find an alternative way up the stairs

There are stairs on either side of that area, the gingerbread staircase did not impede anyone using stairs to go up or down to other decks. They just could not use the centrum stairs. For an amazing Christmas decoration, I do not think that is a hardship. It was gorgeous and I am so happy they did it. Made the end of our cruise to see something so pretty.

why I said alternative yep the stair case and alternating elevators

Yes it was amazing how they set it up watched them build it etc..

jjsbk6.jpg

r7km6h.jpg

We watched them build it also. Took a small army to get it done but they worked hard and produced a gorgeous resullt!!!!!:):)